Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This time the stylist was scard of me lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 4:33pm
Hi Diane,

I have just noticed your post and readyour whole story. You are an amazing person to come through all you have in the past few months, you are such a positive person. You hold on to that positive outlook Diane, as it is what gets you through each day. I know because I was you 11 years ago, I was diagnosed with bowel cancer at the age of 29 and had the cancer removed and then went through 6 months of chemo, not all of my hair fell out luckly, but just going through the chemo was bad enough.

That was 11 yrs ago and I am well and still positive, and thats what got me through it, never think of what if, just go for life, live each day as it comes, then days become weeks, weeks become months and, months become years. Well done you for continuing your positive out look in life. Having  an illness like cancer does change what is important in your life and thats what you grab onto honey.

Wishing you he very best of health and continued healthy hairClaprose
Karenxxxxxxxxx

Edited by karen s - September 09 2007 at 4:33pm
karen sanderson
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 10:20pm
Thank you Karen for your kind words.
Very please to hear you are one of those success stories.
These days I went back to work but decided to work for a company that is totally smoke free.  I might have become paranoid ..... but it is worth doing whatever needs to be done.
I need to share this funny story that happen to me at the lake.

I was sitting on a lawn chair with my legs crossed.  I was watching the birds, the chipmunks etc and was about to eat my cheesecake.
Wouldn't know what the cheesecake taste like because Mr./Mrs Whiskey Jack( grey jay) decided to fly just above my hair, land on my crossed leg,  then on my shoe ,and flew and landed on top on my cheesecake.
You need to understand that I had the fork in the cheescake ready to take a bite!!  This bird guped down two big pieces of this cake and flew off with a large piece.
Well that wasn't enough with this bird.  He came back and was ready to do the whole thing again.  It was the look in his eyes lol.  But he decided not because he noticed that my plate on on the railing now.  He/she flew to the railing and didn't pick the bleuberry on the plate but the rest of the cheesecake. lol
Is he watching my weight? lol  Did he/she hear that I am suppose to eat better these days?
Then I place a apple core on the railing and this squirrel though that this apple stuff was the best thing around.  Stood there holding the apple core with its both claws looking at me with thanks.
The whole gang really like the left over pancakes.

Anyways these birds are actuallly wild and they seem to know the person that feeds them well.  It doesn't matter when I had long hair or a wig or reallly short hair now they can't be fooled. 

Edited by dianefromcanada - September 14 2007 at 10:25am
dianefromcanada
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2007 at 1:18pm
     It's always nice to hear your reports, Diane. Thanks for such an amusing one! And Karen, what an upper to hear your "survivor" tale. Much obliged! Love, Bob Smile
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2007 at 10:27am
Hi Diane. It must be years since I chatted to you about your long hair, so I was understandably concerned to read your story. We all know someone who has been through the same and they all say the same thing - it changes the way you see things forever. However what shines through your posts more than anything is your faith and positive outlook on life which was always apparent even before your illness, and this will certainly stand you in good stead. I wish you the very best of luck. So how long is your hair now? Will you be growing it as long as before, or experimenting with different styles throughout the process? 
phil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2007 at 8:55pm
Hello PHil,

Lots of hugs.  Thank you for the very kind words.
YOu can see from my picture that I have a long way to go.  I am just about to put a bobby pin in my hair. lol  Yes I will probably try a few new style while growing out my hair.
I have put everyone at work at ease with my jokes.  Like don't worry about stuff you might lose your hair over it!  Today my employer found a elastic on the floor and was trying to figure to whom this thing belonged to and I pipe up and said "Not me!".  I am in a pretty good mood, went back to a old job I had years ago and love it.  My employer even grew out her hair and it is great.  She is one of those women that looks so different everytime she has a new style.

We have this new guy at work and he was totallly upset one day, claiming that he refused work from another company because they wanted him to cut his hair and trim his beard.  I told him that I fully understood what he was going through and my employers step in and said that I once had very long hair and know how devastating it can be.
So right now my kids rub the top of my head like I do when they have a brush cut.  Better take advantage of it since it won't last. lol
My hair is starting to get curly.  Not sure if I got rid of my grey hairs! lol

dianefromcanada
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2007 at 7:39am
Hello Diane, it's really good to be able to put a face to the name at last! Although I know you're not a short hair person by choice, I still think your hair looks great at the moment. Really thick, and plenty of room for experimentation while you are growing it to its desired length lol. I really do wish you all the best on the health front.

Diane I really wish I had your strength and ability to make light of your situation. I didn't mention it before but I may be facing something similar. Results are being awaited but the blessing and curse of the internet means I've a pretty good idea.

At some time in the future I may need someone to talk to who has been through it, not on these boards but by the private messenger. Do you mind if I do that diane? I promise not to bombard you with maudlin "I'm so sorry for myself" wailing, (I don't do that) just a few words now and then. Hair loss is the least of my problems, at least I've hardly any to lose! And that's as near to a joke as I can manage at the moment.
phil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2007 at 9:45pm
My hair is growing and it is almost at the point that I could twist it and put tiny barrette in it like some people I see around. 
dianefromcanada
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 4:06pm
     I'm still praying for you, Diane. Hope you are well! missyou Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2008 at 2:36pm

Hello Bob,

Not sure if I told everyone yet but I am cancer free!  Now I am working toward my next 6 years of being healhty.  Surprisely enough all my scars are healing and they hardly show anymore.

I had a recent hair style and I tried to upload my new picture on this site but I guess my picture is too big and I need to find a way to adjust.

My new hair stylist is someone that his own mother fought cancer so he knew how important styling my hair was and what was involved.  He did a wonderful job and it is growing like crazy!  He is a keeper! 

I can appreciate a lot of things from the experience of losing all my hair. First of all you need to hang on to dear life when sleeping on a pillow case because one slide down the pillowcase because there wasn't any hair to stop it.  I guess the long hair kinds of bunches up and makes a good stop.
That probably explains why long hair tends to be knotted in the mornings. lol
 I am still joking about stuff like that.  It is very funny.
I 've been asking my bald headed friends if they experience the same thing and it seem its an experience that everyone has. lol

It is nice to finally get rid of wearing the wigs.  Can't say I had more fun being blonde or a redhead but I did have a skin head follow me home when I had no hair! lol  I think I will stay a brunette. 

Many many people say that I look better with short hair and a few long hair people where I use to work wants me to grow it back.  I do miss my long hair and I am not sure if I will ever try to grow it very long again.
I would like to see it go on top of my shoulders so I can easily tie it back in a ponytail so i can be aerodimanic( wrong spelling) and race down the highways!
Two weeks ago I finally went to my first single dinner and dance and it felt strange to have short hair.  Before I use to fluff up my hair and now everything has changed.
The long hair has played such a huge part in my life and everyone recognizes me with it.  My short hair my friends still do't recognize me when they see me at first.  I really look that different.

But I am taking care of myself.  Joined a weight loss clinic and losing weight rapidly plus the supplement have biotin and we all know that biotin makes our hair grow faster.  Will I ever been a long hair goddess again? Future will tell. lol

dianefromcanada
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2008 at 11:29am
     hooray Thank you for the exciting report, Diane. God Bless, Bob

P.S. Well, the way I see it is that if long hair makes you happy, and your hair continues to grow, why not? I've never seen any woman about whom I've thought, "She is too *old* for long hair!" I understand your hesitation over thinking about the possibility. Few people over 40 relish thinking about *any* goal whose acievement would make them five years older! (lol) Take pleasure in the little steps, and before you know it........ Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2008 at 4:01pm
Hello Bob,

Right now my hair is below my ears and I can't wait for it to grow longer.
My stylist says that my hair is growing quickly but I guess I don't feel the same way.  I was happier with long hair and I am leaning toward it for sure.

dianefromcanada
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2008 at 2:44pm
     The good news on the hair front is that long hair looks beautiful on women at any age. 100 years ago Western women would have considered crazy the notion that they *must* cut their hair short after a given age. And if you've ever seen "vintage" photos, they were right! My wife and I succumbed to this idea more than a decade ago, after hearing it so often, but we have very much "un-succumbed"! (Life after death, indeed! lol)  WinkBob 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic