Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paris Hilton Dream Catcher Extensions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
vickimillard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 4:24am
Yes, I do flatten out my bonds on the top area and front area.  I feel that the section of hair lays more camoflauged instead of bunching with a round bond like a mini pony tail.  I have still noticed that after four months all the flat bonds are gone when I go to take the extensions out, so I do still do round bonds in the bottom... I feel they have more longevity, and I cut them nice and small so they aren't too bulky.

oh my gosh guys I am so excited.  Passions is comming out with a book all on extensions, and so cap called me today to take 3 models and go do the photo shoot representing them.  I guess they have about 250-300 models and they are taking 200 for the book.  I am doing some really cool semi different extension looks so hopefully my people will be in there. 

Also you guys have to check out Split Ends on June 23rd on the style channel. For the season premier episode our salon did a swap with an LA salon.  I am probably going to be on there for like a minute. I am on there
looking over the girls work and had to fix a color.  Can't tell you much more. 

So does anyone have any cool ideas or techniques for extensions to tell me about?
vicki
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 10:01pm
split end huh- did u catch my episode?
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 8:43am
Yes I did catch your episode with tangles salon.  Who are you on the episode?  I am so happy to hear from you cause I wanted to know more about those extensions. 

Your salon does micro tube hair extensions don't they?  How do you feel about them?  How often do you move them up?  How much do you charge to put them in then to move them up? How long does it take to do them... then to move them up?  How many times can you move them up before the client sheds enough strands and needs them to be taken out and put back in cause their hair can't support the bond anymore? How long does the hair stay nice looking for? How well does the bond blend into the hair? What company do you guys do? What is your favorite placement pattern?

Your lady was really mean to the New York girl, but I understand now how unreal that probably was... I hope.  I was going to write some other stuff about our episode, but I really can't I don't want to get me/our salon in trouble.  We signed a contract not to talk about the details, so I guess I can defend myself until after it airs, cause I think I am going to be portrayed as the bad guy, and that wasn't the case at all really. 

vicki

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 8:57am

I had a guest in yesterday with really fine hair. She only wears extensions for 3 months so I put flat bonds in her hair thinking it would cause less stress and blend better, and actually it seems like it was causing more.  It looked great at first, but now that it has grown out 8 weeks, and her hair doesn't grow evenly the bonds don't lay flat anymore, and they show more because they have a bigger surface space.  I felt like the tiny little round ones I did before on her looked more real and like a natural hilight than these.  I have done the same thing on thick hair and not had any problems.  Do you feel the same way about fine hair?  Do you have any tips for me on this with the flat bonds?

vicki
Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 9:16am
I'm thrilled for you guys that you have such an awesome opportunity like that! Anyways, vicki, what round bonds do you still use besides the flat ones?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 9:39am
I intermix brotein bonded round bonds...  alot of the time I use partially 1/2 bonds (great lengths method) and partially full bonds (so cap method) on people with medium to thick hair.  I noticed all 1/2 bonds make the hair look stringy, and all full bonds get too heavy and hangy and thick.  When you mix them it starts to lay at the bottom like real hair would... more inconsistent with big and little pieces.  For fine hair I tend to use all 1/2 bonds or 1/4 and 3/4 bonds and stay away from whole ones since that type of hair can't suppport that weight. 

I cut about 1/2 the tip off of so cap, and 1/2 to 3/4 of the tip off great lengths to make them nice and small bonds. If anyone tries this with another brand BE CAREFUL I tried doing this with a company called d-lux and I guess the bonds needed to stay gynormus to hold the hair into place.  I tried a model to see if I wanted to bring them into the salon and after she washed her hair all the strands of hair started falling out, and the bonds stayed in.  After 4 days at least 1/2 of her hair was gone, and I had to take them out.  I even left the bonds bigger than I normally do. It was a nightmare, and that is when I learned you get what you pay for with good quality hair and bonds!!!   

Is this pretty much what you were asking?  If not please give me more of an idea. 
vicki
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 10:28pm
the LADY you are refering to that had the most interaction with the NYC girl is ME!
i wasnt "mean" to Rebecca- it was all staged, scripted and planned-
u will see how they cut and paste everything together when its done.
We have gotten amazing positive feedback and sa bit of  negative, (usually from people that think reality is LIVE tv- its not.)
remember drama sells-
thats what they want and thats how its portrayed. We have gotten so many new clients from the show its awesome. So much we have been giving new clients to all my 15 stylists!
good luck,
s

Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 11:07pm
Thanks Vicky. That's what I was wanting to know. But, one more main thing, how do you get the great lengths hair? One of my clients wants it b/c she loves my application method, but wants the GL hair.
hollandbluejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollandbluejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 11:04am
I did a search on the internet yesterday to get more info, and possibly pictures, of a flat bond installation and I couldn't find anything! Does anyone know where to find this?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 9:07am

Did they tell you to just give her the extension client and not help her with it? 

If I could tell you all of what happened to me you would realize that I totally understand that about how unreal it is, and how they start telling you to do things to create drama cause it is going too smoothly.  I am the mean person/or one of the mean people on this episode, and I was just trying to help a guest who asked ME to fix her hair and didn't want to be on camera with her hair at that point, and it got blown out of proportion totally on camera. Now the girl who traded places with our stylist, and some of the other stylists at my own salon were mad and talking stuff about me cause they don't know the real story.  Oh I just can't wait for that to air so the whole world can be mad at me.   
vicki

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 9:10am
It is just like round bond instilation, but you don't roll.  you heat it, wrap it, heat it again, and smooth it.  Very similar, but depending on what brand you use they won't last as long cause the bond isn't as solid of a structure. 
vicki

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 9:13am
Wait I thought you were helping me with the flat bond situation I had. 

Once you pay the $1800 and get certified with a two day class through Great Lengths you have an exclusive account to your name and salon and can order hair. You then can only perform in professional salons... If they catch you doing it out of your house or selling the hair to uncertified people you will loose your certification with them. 
vicki
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 12:43pm

i know how reality tv is and yes u will find out all too soon. thats why i am a bit surprised when u said "Your lady was real mean to the NYC girl"

if you really understood the show, and how it works as u say u do, then why put such a comment?

everything that was done, was promtped, scritped, and  taped over and over. the extension test was all set up way before she came. Just like the mullet my stylist had to do in New york.

they cut and paste things together, they leave things out and add things in that happend at other times. ITs just for TV -

i have gotten awesome publicity for my salon and my work and  am very happy we did it!

Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 5:10am
I like the flat bonds. You can't feel them really at all. You still have to be loving with them. I'm doing a client today, I'll have to tell you how it went. Soooo, I can't order the GL hair then, huh? I never called them, they just sent me a dumb packet.
   I have a question.... My client is coming back into town and and I put shrinkies in her hair AWHILE ago and she's claiming there's no matting at all. (yeah right). Anyways, she says she wants me to "move them up" for her and put a few more in. ???? I usually take them out and throw them away! So, do I just reheat and pull it out and re-roll the bond and push it back up there? How would I charge for that? I charged her like $700 to put them in, (not counting the cost of the hair). Help!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2007 at 11:03am
With ours about the first 1/2 was reality then when it went really smoothly they started to spice it up and tell us what to do which made everything a mess.  At least from what I saw. No one ever asked me to do/say anything fake, so I didn't realize until a few days ago when I talked to the girl who traded places how scripted it really was.

The part that I felt was mean is when Rebecca was left to do the hair extension client and she had no idea what to do and no one helped/showed her... then she got the client taken away from her and someone else finished it.  ON TV no one explained to her how to do them. I teach associtates for a living so I would have taught her, and still had her work with me to do the client since she was there to learn new things. But that is probably not what the camera crew wanted you to do.  Well if they scripted it to go that way... then you were doing what they said, but I felt like she was being set up to fail in that situation by someone since she didn't know how to do those.  With as many extensions as I do I don't know how to do that type of extensions either, and as I was watching I put myself in her shoes of how I would feel as I was watching it... Through the rest of the show you guys were great to her, but the extensions situation really stood out to me from your episode... I didn't realize to the full extent that it was scripted until after I said that, so I am sorry.  Just the other day I talked to the girl who went and found out they were telling her to say/do things all the time that weren't the truth. 

Some of it she did, and some of it she wouldn't do. 

So would you mind telling me about the extensions you guys carry there?
vicki

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2007 at 11:13am
Sorry it took me a bit... Tu and Wed are my normal days off, and I spent them at work for 12 hrs each day trying to get all the models done for the shoot.  Crazy Crazy, but very exciting.

I do not work with shrinkies at all.  I don't know how to move them up.  The tangles person could  probably help you with price. I would not charge hourly cause when you do it faster they are going to expect to pay less. I guess it depends on how much of a pain it is as to how much I would charge.  Can you move those up?  If you don't want to then tell you she needs a new set.

So what I find with flat bonds is that I see them more as they grow out cause there is more surface area to them than the round ones. then I noticed that they twist up and bunch the wider section of hair above the bond together, and seem to cause breakage.  How do you feel about them/that?
vicki
hairheaven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairheaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2007 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by monsterita monsterita wrote:

Originally posted by milachkaa milachkaa wrote:

I do not care if it is a penny per extension...I would never use or buy anything with Paris's name on it!

I'm with you, milachkaa.  I was in Macys not too long ago and saw a cute little purse.  Then I saw her name on it.  It wasn't cute anymore.  To me, any brand with her name on it says just what South Park said:

South%20Park%20Paris

I agree completely.
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 3:42am
IT SAYS IN THE 'in the press' section that they took 10 hours to put in on paris lol ... why would they advertise that?
Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 5:25pm
Hey Vicki, I just got a chance to get on here myself. Um, let's see, I've had mine in,(which are MY first set, EVER!) Imagine that, I put them in, yet, I've never had them! So, I had them put in, in Chicago about a month ago. They seem perfect, so far, knock on wood. I've only lost one. The hair feels fabulous. So, I guess we'll see in a little while! My clients love them so far. Not to ask again, but is there a way for me to buy GL hair? And, by the way, I told her I couldn't just "push up" anything. She'd have to get a full set.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vickimillard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 8:53am
Again once you get certified you can get all the GL's hair you want.

I think it completely helps you be a better extensionist when you wear them.  You know how they feel/the problems you had, and can better explain what to expect to the client when you know first hand.  It helps you with placement too cause you know where they do feel comfortable, and if there should be more somewhere else. 

What brand dod you have put in?
vicki
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic