Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Not To Wear

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Not To Wear
    Posted: March 12 2007 at 10:40am
I don't understand the women who go on this show. They know that the point of the show is a complete makeover, including a haircut by a top hairdresser. So many of the women don't want to cut their hair. That's fine. No reason why they should. But if that's your decision, why go on a show that includes a hair makeover? If you're going to be on the show, then haven't you made a decision to make a big change in clothes, hair, and makeup? Why do the show if you're not? I don't get it.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 5:24pm
I think it could be 2 ways:
1) They are acting like they were told to ....
2) They must really think their hair looks good and won't need a hair makeover.
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 6:45pm
The first is a possibility but then it's bad television. People tune in to see a change and see people who are positive. People don't like a sour puss. When the person insists Nick just cut a little. Nick cuts a little. The audience is dissatisfied.

They all pretty much feel they need a hair makeover. They want Nick to magically make their hair gorgeous without cutting anything off the length. Many of them feel they'd look awful with shorter hair or view their hair as their security blanket/identity etc.

I don't know what percentage of women change their looks by cutting and growing their hair, but it seems that this show has a high percentage that won't cut it. You'd think it'd be the other way around.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to change your hair. Just don't appear on a makeover show. In fact if you don't think you need a change why be on it?

Edited by Heath - March 12 2007 at 6:46pm
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 8:43pm
Question the show is named what not to wear. To me it would mean cloths? Not how long ro short your hair is right?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2007 at 6:21pm
You wear clothes, hair, make-up. They're all part of style and the show is about taking someone with a lack of style and giving them style.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic