Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is there any way to re-harden bonds?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
hollandbluejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollandbluejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is there any way to re-harden bonds?
    Posted: March 14 2007 at 11:19am
I have a client who used conditioner up near her bonds even though I gave her written instructions on how to care for her new extensions, and even showed her while she was in my chair how to wash them. I really stress not getting conditioner near the bonds, because obviously, they soften and shed.
I'm having her come back in so I can take a look, but I told her there is probably nothing I can do for the shedding. Is there any way to get the moisture out of the bonds or to re-harden them? I was just going to give her a clarifying shampoo to help with the build-up. I thought I saw something once that hardened bonds, but it was used immediatly after installation. Oh, they are keratin bonds.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2007 at 10:53am

I was recently on the phone with a rep from one of the extension fusion companies, and I was asking him about 'gummy' bonds.  He said to put baby powder at the scalp to absorb the moisture. 

I haven't tried it, but it looks like it's worth a try. 
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 2:34pm

Are you saying that she conditioned her hair before you put her fusions in?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollandbluejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 12:38pm
No, she did a deep conditioning treatment after her fusion was installed.
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2007 at 1:07pm
What type of glue do you use? I conditioned mine all of the time and they never became soft. Have you tried reheating them with the wand and rolling them between your fingers again?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollandbluejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 8:27pm
She said at first after she deep conditioned it, she noticed shedding but it has decreased a ton and has almost stopped. I use keratin glue, some from shrinkies.com and some from hairextensions101.com. They both sell excellent keratin with great holding power.
xoxsn0whitexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2007 at 5:52pm
my friend had some kind of protein bond..not sure what it was...she called it proten bonds soo whatever...ANWYAYS i touched it and it was sticky/gummmy i guess and im like omg how do you deal with that..and she said oh i just put baby powder on it and its fine...so id def try the baby powder then!! goodluck!
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2007 at 7:26pm
do you have to powder them often or just the one time?
xoxsn0whitexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2007 at 7:56pm
i think she said she did it whenevr they got sticky or whatever...??? i mean thats what i would think..im guessing they got sticky cuz of conditioner or something so maybe once everytime u condition???
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2007 at 11:16pm
have your bonds ever become sticky Snow White? mine became flexible once but never gooey or sticky
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2007 at 11:20pm
Holland, Is she the only client who's had that problem? do you think conditioning in general was the problem or the deep conditioning that did it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollandbluejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 11:33am
She's the only one so far. I always really emphasize to my clients to not get conditioner anywhere NEAR the bonds, and I think for the most part, they follow the instructions. I have used keratin (protein) bonds before that have turned white over time. I think they are oxidizing, and this causes them to break down and turn white. Anyways, I'm way happier with these brands because they don't seem to break down in this manner. Also, for people who have dark hair, they offer black or brown keratin, which also helps.
I have personally worn all of the types of keratin that I use, so then I know how much abuse it can take! Honestly, I'm not that strict with my own hair, so sometimes I do probably get conditioner on the bonds, and I often sleep with it wet, which is another no-no. My bonds really don't get sticky though.
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 12:28pm
   I think sometimes it's just the individual glue sticks, the one bad apple in the bunch. Once during a maintenance appt. my fusionist used a glue that became very flexible it was usually a firm bond. She's in love with her brand it just came out weird that time. I was concerned at first but they didn't come out.
  The glue she used would crumble into a fine powder as she rolled them between her fingers, the ones I used crumbled like crayons and I had to use pliers but still came out quickly. We both used keratin.
  We are always looking for the perfect adhesive.  I think there's a topic here about it and I think most said they like GL adhesive but you can't just buy it, it may have been another brand, not sure.
    I want one that won't melt under flat irons but are easily made with the glue gun and install with the fusion iron, MAKES my hair grow and shine and cause my fusions to be so stunning that when Michael Jordan, Leonardo DiCaprio and Simon Baker see me they won't be able to resist touching it and want to spend the rest of their lives with me (yeah, I can handle all three of them)Tongue. But I'll settle for not being snatched bald by this stuffLOL.
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by MSHONEY MSHONEY wrote:

and cause my fusions to be so stunning that when Michael Jordan, Leonardo DiCaprio and Simon Baker see me they won't be able to resist touching it and want to spend the rest of their lives with me (yeah, I can handle all three of them)Tongue. But I'll settle for not being snatched bald by this stuffLOL.
LOLLOLLOLLOL
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Divavocals Divavocals wrote:

and cause my fusions to be so stunning that when Michael Jordan, Leonardo DiCaprio and Simon Baker see me they won't be able to resist touching it and want to spend the rest of their lives with me (yeah, I can handle all three of them)Tongue. But I'll settle for not being snatched bald by this stuffLOL.
LOLLOLLOLLOL

You know Mike's single now. I did the BC in December. If I knew he was going to divorce Juanita so soon I'd have slipped some fusion in and hie tailed it to Chicago to comfort himLOL. I have to grow my hair back real quick. I can't let Mike see me bald-headed.LOLLOLLOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 12:40pm

You know Mike's single now. I did the BC in December. If I knew he was going to divorce Juanita so soon I'd have slipped some fusion in and hie tailed it to Chicago to comfort himLOL. I have to grow my hair back real quick. I can't let Mike see me bald-headed.LOLLOLLOL
OMG girl you are funny!!!!! LOLLOLLOLLOL  You know Mike has a "roaming eye" (and other parts!) You better keep him GOOD and distracted!!!LOLLOLLOL So you better work that hair girl!!! LOLLOL
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 12:48pm

Girl, maybe I should be looking for Juanita. You know she got that money!!!LOLLOLLOL

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 2:36pm

Girl, maybe I should be looking for Juanita. You know she got that money!!!LOLLOLLOL

LOLLOLLOL You can be her new BFF!!!!

Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 2:53pm
Shoot, she had to get at least $400,000,000 that's half. For $400,000,000 I'd be MRS. Juanita Jordan.LOL
  My husband says that Mike could have me for $1,000,000 and a lifetime supply of Jordan gear, isn't that terrible?LOLLOL.
  Juanita needs a new stylist though. With that much money her hair should always be tight. She's has serious styling issues. Somebody here you try to be her live-in hair stylistShocked

Edited by MSHONEY - April 03 2007 at 2:58pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 3:13pm

Shoot, she had to get at least $400,000,000 that's half. For $400,000,000 I'd be MRS. Juanita Jordan.LOL
  My husband says that Mike could have me for $1,000,000 and a lifetime supply of Jordan gear, isn't that terrible?LOLLOL.
  Juanita needs a new stylist though. With that much money her hair should always be tight. She's has serious styling issues. Somebody here you try to be her live-in hair stylistShocked
LOLLOLLOL Girl you sound like my girlfriend talking about Oprah!!!! Your husband's got jokes I see!!!LOLLOL 

Girl so here's what you should do.. Volunteer to be Juanita's new BFF/stylist.. Make sure your benefits package includes a budget for your fusion installs and hair from the vendor of your choice!!!LOLLOLLOL

Edited by Divavocals - April 03 2007 at 3:14pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic