Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"My" invisible weft -bis , with more PICS!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "My" invisible weft -bis , with more PICS!!!
    Posted: March 21 2007 at 7:39am

I am going to explain again my little technique of "invisible wefts" with Protac+ Liquid Gold with more pics, just to make it extra clear for some girls on the board who wanted more explanations.

Picture1: I just cut a piece of Protac of the approximate length of the weft I want to put in, and about 1/2 an inch wide. You can also use the Proflex roll tape, that are already at the good size. (Sorry about the blurry pics!)
397.jpg

Picture 2: So this is my part line, as you can see, this little technique allows me to place the wefts really high, both on the sides and behind
395.jpg

Picture 3: I place the weft on the tape, so the tape is only under the weft, there is no fold over. no tape showing on top at all. I have to cut the little tape at the exact length of the weft
398.jpg

Picture 4: A view from "bellow"
399.jpg

Picture 5: I put a layer of Liquid Gold on the weft (it can also be done after the weft is placed on your head, for the front pieces, but it's safer to put the LG layer before placing the weft

Picture 6: Then I place the little weft on my head, as you can see, the weft color is much lighter than my roots.

Picture 7: This is what it looks like when a layer of my own hair is stuck to Liquid Gold. It's hard to see, and because a layer of my natural hair is sticking on top of the weft, it blends with the weft color, and allows me to have a "highlight" effect.

(If I was using seamless weft for instance, I would still have a problem of contrast between the color of the weft and my roots color, and there would be a "line" of lighter hair showing. With this method, you can really use wefts of a slightly different color than your roots color, which is convenient for people with highlights like me.
Like I said before too, this is what people get to see if the wind is blowing like crazy in my head!)

Picture 8: Another picture with the flash:

Picture 9: This is the final result, after a layer of "free" flowing hair is pulled back on top of the hair stuck to LG

I also wanted to add that for people who cannot keep protac for too long, you can also reinforce the tape with a layer of Liquid Gold bellow the tape, but it's not necessary
I hope this helps!Wink

Edited by frenchie1 - March 21 2007 at 7:50am
Yorkieluvr06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorkieluvr06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 8:16am
wow,that is invisible!!!Thumbs%20Up I'm definately gonna try this out on future weft installs!!!
milachkaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milachkaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 9:08am
wow! after doing an install..NOW this finally makes sense! Thanks so much!
"Measure life by not how many breaths you take in a moment but by how many moments take your breath away."
Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 10:53am
Frenchie, I love it! I am still confused by this, lol, sorry. So where is the weft in all these, because you said it's not folded over, was this a hand tied or soemthing, because I want to do this with my outre, but the wefts are pretty big and show.

So you are putting the LG on the weft, and the weft down on your head, and the protac will be facing up??

I'm sorry guys, I am so slow!
Lil'Bohemian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil'Bohemian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 11:29am
very nice frenchie, thanks! :)
I do a similar thing... but I like your method better. So I'll be revising my top wefts now and tryin' this out.
Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 11:36am
Oh, okay, I was showering and figured it out. (I think) like I said I'm slow...

That is a good method, I need to re-install a few top wefts today so I'll try it this way.
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 4:34pm
It is a handtied weft not a machine weft.
I think you could give this method a try with a machine weft but you'd have to put more LG on the weft and therefore it would probably look more bulky. I guess you have to try and see!
You can see the weft on picture 3 and that's what recovered by Liquid Gold on pictures 5 and 6!
It's bohyme handtied so yeah, it's very small to begin with!
Nakes Eyes, it is the contrary.
From the scalp to up you're gonna have:
a piece of protac that sticks to your hair
a weft
a layer of LG on the weft
a layer of your own hair on the LG
a layer of "free" hair above it

There is absolutely no tape showing at all, it's hidden underneathWink
xoxsn0whitexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 6:01pm
ok...got most of it...do you do this method for every layer from the bottom of the head to the top???? and then..can you put your hair up this with method?? the glue doesnt ruin ur hair??? sorry for all the questions...the demo is awesome though..thanks a million.. :-) Oh in Picture 5 it looks like the tape is facing up with the LG on it...??? Thanks again!
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 8:54pm
No, I only use this method for the top rows, both on the sides and at the back of my head. But for the under rows, I use simply Protac or Proflex roll.
No the glue doesn't damage my hair at all, it's very easy to remove with acetone.
I wear my hair in a low ponytail at night, but I doubt that you can waer your hair very high
On picture 5, it's the Protac tape + the weft on top of the Protac tape (no tape at all on top of the weft, only under) and a layer of Liquid Gold on top of the weft.
I am glad my demo helped you!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2007 at 5:21am

ok cool...im wondering if I shold try the LG on my bottom rows becasue when I used the protac tape before...it only stayed a week...I had it in then washed it after like 5 or 6 days....and it started to just come out....It was strange...mabye ill add a lil bit of it to the bottom rows so they stay longer than a week...lol

frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2007 at 7:12am

Ok, with Protac, you have to be very careful about which shampoos you use.

Don't use the moisturizing ones, because they might contain some oils that are going to mess up your tape install.
I use Avalon Organics (a non-sulfate line of shampoos), they have a clarifying one and I use it the next 5 days after the install just in case. Let the tapes cure for like 24h minimum, no conditioner on the tapes of course.
Also one other thing that is very important to allow the tapes to stay in:
After you put the tape on your head, you have to press the tape for like 30 seconds, this step is very important. And always do an install on freshly washed hair, washed w/ clarifying shampoo too.
I guess you already know all the tricks, so if it still doesn't stay in with this routine, use a combo of Tape and LG, using the full width of the Protac tape (or another one) and put a layer of LG on the tape that is going to stick bellow.
NB: if it is the hair itself that comes out of the tape, because you're doing double or triple weft, then you might want to try LG inside the tape itself.
Good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2007 at 7:42am
I use Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo and Conditioner...and i didnt wash my hair or shampoo it for like 5 or 6 days...I remmeber i was so nervous cuz I didnt know how well the tape would hold up..I did use the entire width of the protac....but i hated it cuz it felt really weird with the extra tape....I guess ill make sure I press it for like a minute and maybe add a little LG do the bottom that sticks to my head for some extra reassurance...hehe..
I promise..im going to get this all figured out and its going to magnificent...hahaha :-)
Only thing im sad about is I wont be able to put my hair up in a pony tail anymore :-( But we will see how it all works out...gotta take my shrinkies out tonight...wooohooo
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2007 at 8:18am
You'll still be able to wear a low ponytail though!
milachkaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milachkaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2007 at 9:54am
I just did my install a few days ago with the protac and LG and I can still wear a pony tail...a low one or a high one...if i wear the high one i just sort of puff up the hair on top so that the wefts are hidden
"Measure life by not how many breaths you take in a moment but by how many moments take your breath away."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2007 at 11:39am

hollllarrr..lol that made my day milachkaa!!!! :-)

milachkaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milachkaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2007 at 11:59am
in fact it actually looks much cuter when it is puffed up like that!!!  I can even slick it back if i really want i just have to be careful to hide the wefts.  But honestly I got to say, I really did not expect this method to be SOOOO undetectable and so easy to wear...It's only my second day with them and I can barely even feel them up there...I still touch them and shake my hair to make sure they're htere Embarrassed
mrswozzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrswozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2007 at 3:47pm
Frenchi, I used your technique and it's PERFECT!! Totally invisible. I have all of the sides and the tops with this method and nobody can see them. I have them all the way to my center part!!!! Thank you sooooo much.
Got Hair
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2007 at 4:24pm
Yeaaaah!!!!Clap ClapI am so glad that other girls can use this little technique and enjoy how undetectable it is!!!
I am so happy that you're happy with it and that I was able to help a little!Heart
hollandbluejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollandbluejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 12:58pm
I'm really tempted to try this! I have to wear my hair back sometimes though, so I worry that it wouldn't look natural with the wefts. Does anyone else have thin hair like me and use this method?
Aphrodiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 3:08pm
Frenchie thanks so much! I did an install to a friend with that technique and it works wonders!!! You can't see that they are extensions at all, and she is wearing pony tails very high!!.LOVE IT!!!!!!
thanks. I am doing my top ones today.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic