Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"My" invisible weft -bis , with more PICS!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 6:54pm
Oh, and I would never cut the weft, because I use great quality hair -Bohyme- that I re-use for many installs.
But for unexpensive synthetic, I would definitively try something like that.
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 7:01pm
I tried the Ritz'd LG to make it darker and found that it was nice and dark when it first went on and then started turning light when it was going into the 'glue booger' phase at about a week after being installed. Maybe the chemistry of my head does something funny to dark glue. I bought Chrissy V last year and found the same thing--it was dark for a few days then began looking light and scabby. My guy said it looked like a scalp condition! Yuck!
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 7:06pm
even with me being a blonde, when the LG starts to get a couple of weeks old some of it (not all) in little areas (especially the ends) starts to flake and even though you cant see it unless you are looking for it (which, of course I am!)and I know its there...also yuk!
monsterita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsterita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 7:26pm
Are you using LG because it shows less than the tape on the top layer?

If anyone tries this method on dark hair with LG + Rit dye, please let us know how it works!
Hair type: 1a/f/i
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 7:36pm
I think you have to be the right color of blonde too, for the LG to be so 'invisible'. On light blonde hair the LG actually shows through darker/amber.
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 7:43pm
<laffin> The Goddess of Hair giveth and she taketh away, huh? Some of the blondes get to use LG and have it be invisible but struggle to find good hair and a good match. We brunettes have more choices about hair and an easier time matching color but have to deal with those nasty yellow LG boogers! Ya can't win.    
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 7:48am
You're right on that Kristie!!!
I don't have any problems with LG showing, and yes, Monsterita, I use LG on the top part of the weft because it doesn't show as much as tape, which, no matter what I do, will show through a little bit because of its shine (especially if I like to place the top wefts super high!).
And also, LG, because it allows you to stick a good layer of your own hair above the bond, allows me to 'blend in' the weft in my darker hair, by creating some sort of lowlights, and the layer of my own hair totally hides the handtied weft too, so there's nothing to see.
Kristie, I wanted to add too, that there are a bunch of glues that I haven't tried so far but sounds very promising.
And they come in clear.

and other ones on this website:

Here are the products on truetape:

Secure%20Silicone%20Liquid%20Adhesive%20 Secure Silicone Liquid Adhesive
Our New Soft-Bond Silicone Adhesive - forms an excellent water-proof bond to any base material. Easily removes with our PURE Adhesive Remover.
Endura-Bond%20and%20Endura-Bond%20Remover Endura-Bond and Endura-Bond Remover
Need an adhesive that actually improves its grip in water? Endura-Bond is specially formulated to keep unwanted crystallization to an absolute minimum. Designed for use in the Medical Industry, Endura-bond is gentle on skin. Used sparingly, our hard bond should provide an uncompromising 30-day wear! Get 20 - 30 full perimeter applications per 1 oz. bottle and twice that for a 2 oz. bottle (not recommended for use on gentle lace materials).
Invisi-Bond%20%28Water-based%20Adhesive%29 Invisi-Bond (Water-based Adhesive)
Soft-Bond liquid Adhesive for extended wear! Invisi-Bond does not have any caustic chemicals or petroleum based solvents - dries fast and clear leaving a VERY aggressive water-proof hold to any base material. Invisi-Bond is sold in either the gallon or our NEW 4 oz. squeeze jar!

It's aphrodiva who first mentioned the Endura-bond glue from this website, I think she gave it a try a few weeks ago, so I am curious how it holds and especially if it comes out easily.
You need to register for this 'true tape' website and it takes a few days I think.
And there is also a glue that I tried from glamourhair.com (god knows I don't like to advertise for them), it is part of a seamless kit but you buy the glue separately, it is clear too and looks very much like the silicone liquid adhesive from truetape.com
If I remember well, this one was a pain to take out though, but I didn't use the good products back then either.... I remember the texture was amazing compared to LG though, much easier to apply, and totally invisible, like water...
So with all these new products to try, I bet there are good options in there for dark hair!...
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 7:49am
More info on Endura bond:
KEEP IN FREEZER DURING SUMMER MONTHS TO MINIMIZE EXPOSURE TO HUMID CONDITIONS AND PROLONG SHELF LIFE. Endura-Bond will not freeze solid. Allow to sit for 5-10 miniutes to "thaw" before using. PLACE BACK INTO FREEZER AFTER USE. Endura-Bond has been specially formulated to keep "Crystallization" to a minimum. Use sparingly! for Permanent Attachment, only a thin bead along the track area of the hair unit should provide up to a 30-day hold! Endura-Bond is skin safe and approved for use in the Medical Industry. Compare our prices and quality, you will be glad that you did.
B.B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2007 at 8:48am
Originally posted by frawstiepawz frawstiepawz wrote:

How can you see to do the back and underneath?  Could you use, say, 1 or 1 1/2 inch protac and cut the wefts to match so you have smaller protac/wefts?  Maybe it would be easier to put up.Ermm

I just had to comment on your signature - cats & hockey butts - how can that not make someone hysterical?!  love it!  lol
rockin' hair one head at a time!
sh3rylanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sh3rylanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2007 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by frenchie1 frenchie1 wrote:

No, I only use this method for the top rows, both on the sides and at the back of my head. But for the under rows, I use simply Protac or Proflex roll.
No the glue doesn't damage my hair at all, it's very easy to remove with acetone.
I wear my hair in a low ponytail at night, but I doubt that you can waer your hair very high
On picture 5, it's the Protac tape + the weft on top of the Protac tape (no tape at all on top of the weft, only under) and a layer of Liquid Gold on top of the weft.
I am glad my demo helped you!

hey. im kinda new at this. You said that for the under rows, all you use is protac or proflex roll (are those just the tape?)... so you don't use any glue when you apply the under rows? (its just tape holding it?)

how long does your hair usually last? where do you get these invisible wefts?

are there any where you don't use any glue at all? even for the top ones? (the glue part kinda scare me... :/)

frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2007 at 4:41pm
Now, I am trying a mostly Liquid Gold (=LG) install, so almost no more tape.
But yeah, when I did my Protac installs, I would only use tape for the botom rows, and the Protac would hold between 5 to 6 weeks for me.

You should give it a try, it's easy. Personally I didin't like that the tapes were becoming sticky underneath after a few weeks and I was scared that the stickiness would get worse during hot weather. That's why I switched to LG and I am loving it, it feels cleaner.
I understand your fear about glue, that's why you should try the tape method and see for yourself. There is still glue on the tape though, but it's very gentle.
Proflex is also a tape brand. Protac seems better to me though.
The hair is Bohyme handtied silky straight, and it lasts very long, between 3 to 6 months, depending on your care.
What I call 'invisible weft' is a little technique, a combo of Protac tape and LG that makes the top rows almost undetectable. I don't "get" the wefts anywhere, it's just a little technique I use to hide the wefts even better.

I do put glue on the top rows, because the tape on top of the weft is too visible for me, so I place the a little piece of tape under the weft and a layer of LG on top of the weft. Re-read the tutorial, you'll understand better
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2007 at 5:01pm
When you get past the part about LG being a little more tricky to install (it took me a few times to get the knack of getting those wefts in right with no mess), can you believe the difference in comfort it makes? And especially when it is hot! I think Protac is great for beginners because the installation is easier for a new person. But even with half-tapes, that gooey gunk and the plastic-y heaviness (Protac felt to me like wearing a shower cap) got really old after a few installs.

I'm so happy for you, Frenchie, that this method is working out!   
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2007 at 5:44pm
LG is REALLY easy! Even for first timers.

kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2007 at 6:24pm
You're right, actually. It isn't that hard at all. The 'double-sandwich' part is a little tricky to explain, but I'll have a great demo with pictures of this technique up in a few days that will help make it more understandable.
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 7:56am
I think Protac is less scary than LG for a firts time user though. There is something about the thickness of LG that makes it a little tricky to use at first.
Installing Protac is less messy than installing LG I think, especially for girls that are new to extensions, plus I think it is good to try different options in hair extensions, and getting started w/ the easiest method is the best way to get hooked!
This being said, I don't think LG is hard to install at all, it's like everything, you learn by making little mistakes, and it becomes eaiser and easier the more you do it.
Kristie, I couldn't agree w/ you more, LG feels SO MUCH more comfortable than Protac and I don't care about the hot summer anymore! And I can run my finger through my hair and nothing is sticky!!!!
I love to think that my new wefts won't be gooey and that I won't spend 2 hours trying to take that stickiness out of my hair and extensions!!!
The LG residus are so easy to remove in comparison (I know that some girls disagree on this topic), I use pure acetone, Goo Gone and a good comb, and it feels so much cleaner for my next install!

Now, I am looking at other products, like the one that I listed above, the Endura Bond that Aphrodiva mentioned a couple of weeks ago, and I can't wait to know how it holds in the long term, and how is the removal.
The only little flaws I see in Liquid Gold is its texture, I wish I could use a more 'watery" (not sure of this word), liquidy stuff, that would be clear and less messy, but would have the same hold than LG.
It's been 3 weeks already w/ my LG install and I love it, thanks Kristie!!!Heart
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 10:13am
My pleasure, Frenchie. = )

I've been squawking about this method for awhile now (LG + double-sandwich) so I'm thrilled that someone else tried it and likes it, too!
milachkaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milachkaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 10:30am
I  must say that I did an all LG install (well my sister-in-law did it for me) about 10 days ago and I like it so much more than the protac!  In general I think that it is definitley staying in better...two of them started to let loose, but I actually think that it had more LG on it than necessary.  Anyone who is doing an install with LG, I find that it is easier to use the syringe for sure!  So much neater...When I apply the LG I just put the hair on a towel and apply the LG with a syringe to the weft...I wait about a minute or so that the glue is not too gooey when I apply.  I also find that it sticks much better that way!  And when I went back to remove them with the Goo Gone yesterday...it was great!  For me, the protac made a huge mess with the acetone and I felt I lost more hair...when I took out the few wefts yesterday to redo them, the goo gone soaked right into the weft...I kept it in there for 2 minutes and then the weft just completely slid out!!! And then the fun part started...the goo gone makes the boogers really soft but not gooey...so when I used my fine toothed comb...they just came right out!  Even the ones that were right up above the scalp.  I love the LG! 
Frenchie I have a question for you, what is the point of doing the protape and the LG on the top wefts.  I did mine really close to my part and actually only used LG and it looks really good. 
"Measure life by not how many breaths you take in a moment but by how many moments take your breath away."
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 11:01am
Milachkaa, I think with dark hair just using a weft at the very top blends it perfectly. That's why I came up with the 'double-sandwich.' Blondes seem to need a slightly different method at the very top to be invisible, and that is where Frenchie's technique with the 'invisible weft' at the very top is beneficial.
milachkaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milachkaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 11:55am
gotcha!  Thanks Kristi!  You are always so informative!
"Measure life by not how many breaths you take in a moment but by how many moments take your breath away."
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 12:35pm
Good question Milachkaa,
I still use a combo of tape and LG for the top rows because it holds better mostly.
I only want to do single wefts for the top rows, because double wefts would be way too bulky (remember I place the weft 1 inch to half an inch away from my part line)
So I can't do the double-sandwich LG technique, which is the only technique with LG that seems to holds for a month or more.
I have tried single weft with LG (single sandwich technique) and it stays nice for maybe 10 days but then starts slidding, it doesn't slide out completely, but slides a little bit though and is more visible pretty quickly.
With the tape underneath the weft and the LG on top of the weft, it stays in nicely for 4/5 weeks.
If I could I would only use LG believe me!
My stcikiness issue with Protac was especially bad with lower rows, for some reasons, so it isn't that bad to have a quarter of inch under the top weft, even if it's not idealWink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic