Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Horribly flat hair...Pls Help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sherish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horribly flat hair...Pls Help!!
    Posted: March 21 2007 at 7:46pm

ConfusedSo I have a crazy background that includes chinese native and irish.  This gives me pin straight flat thin hair.  I want to get a hair cut like mandy moores short cut but I have no idea whether or not this will actually work since my hair is so flat.  Will a style  like this work for my hair type?  Here are some photos to show you just how thin my hair is.  The thing I am most worried about is that if I cut it that short will I be able to able to do the cute haird styles? Or is my hair just going to go flat and straight no matter what I do?

Below is the haircut I want.  I just need some opinions from other people that may have the same type of hair as me.

Edited by sherish - March 21 2007 at 8:34pm
Slipknothartgir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slipknothartgir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 12:02pm
I don't think u should cut it that short.U should go to a Salon & see what a hair dresser will say.I'm thinking maybe alittle above the sholder cut would look cute.U don't wanna regret it if u cut it too short.I have done it before & was mad that I did it.If u dry your hair upside down that can help it have volume to.Plus, there r thickening shampoos to.Well, good luck!!
Seraphina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seraphina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 6:08pm
I love your hair the way it is! :)  Can't you just experiment with updos?

The haircut you show looks very high maintenance - but of course if you really want to go for it, you have to.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 11:30am
I think your hair will definitely do that style.  My hair is very fine and thin and flat, actually much flatter than yours looks.  I have a version of that cut only shorter.  It does take a lot of products to keep it looking good but it only takes me about 10 mintues to do in the morning and that includes washing and drying.  It took some experimenting to get the product mix right but I am very happy now.  This is one of those cuts that looks better the messier it is so you don't have to make it perfect.   I think you might go into shock though since you have long hair now and this is a pretty short cut.  I don't know what your styling routine is but if you are used to wash and go you will probably have to do a bit more work to get your hair into this style.  Talk to a stylist to see what they think.  If you are aware of everything you'll have to do and are OK with that I say go for it.  It would look fabulous on you.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
StringyMimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StringyMimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 4:45pm
In my opinion (not a professional speaking), your hair would more than likely do what Mandy Moore's hair is doing in those photos but think about this:  It's probably not easy to style that cut into that hairdo every day.  I doubt if Mandy just wakes up to it looking like that.  I mean, if that's what you wanna do then by all means do it - I don't think it would go horribly wrong but just remember that it's definitely not as easy as having straight hair that you can wash, brush and go.  Also, I think you're really pretty and the long hair looks great on you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic