Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

questions on skin&hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leighann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leighann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: questions on skin&hair
    Posted: March 21 2007 at 8:10pm
hi im new here and i have some  questions....
1) my skin gets really dry in the winter and i have tried lotions( which i know isn't good for dry skin), and i bought some really expensive cream and nothing seems to be helping what should i do?
2) im trying to grow my hair out and i have looked up various tips online but i was wondering if anyone had some tips of their own they would like to share. thanks!!!

hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2007 at 11:44pm
Hi Leighann!  I have very dry skin on my legs and feet and hands especially.  (I also have sensitive skin, so I have to be careful what I use)  Lotions have never worked for me.
I discovered shea butter a couple years ago and it is amazing!  I use pure unrefined shea, with no added ingredients at all.  It's hard and waxy, but it melts quickly in the palm of your hand.  I apply it liberally to my legs and feet immediately after a shower to seal in the moisture.  My skin feels so soft and smooth!  And it lasts until I shower again!  It's also very soothing to cracked or chapped skin.

Other than that, the next best thing is a recipe I sometimes make that includes bees wax and olive oil.  I think it's the waxy-ness that makes these work so well.

As for growing hair, you can check out my hair space to see my tips.  There's way too much to mention here.  Hope you find something that's helpful!
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic