Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Monofibre Hair Extensions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sarah_wi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah_wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monofibre Hair Extensions
    Posted: March 22 2007 at 5:00am
Hi Everyone!

Need some advice but I can seem to find it?

Has any one worn Monofibre hair extensions?

If so what were they like?

There is no better advice than first hand advice.

Thanks,

Sarah W

Edited by Sarah_wi - April 04 2007 at 8:02am
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2007 at 6:20am
Hi Sarah, if you look around here or do a search on monofiber. Or plastikhaar, prohair or prostyles you will find a ton of info.

Synthetic hair works very well for some people. If you do choose to go the synthetic route, you want monofiber or thermal fiber

Sarah_wi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah_wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 9:26am
Hi Sherrie,
Thanks for the tip, but I'm only interested in Monofibre, as I hear they are the best, I've also been told to keep a look out for people trying sell me thing I never asked for.
But I know your not one of those people are you...
But perhaps you could some advice have you ever worn Monofibre hair?

If so what were they like? How was it put in?

Thanks

Edited by Sarah_wi - April 04 2007 at 8:03am
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 9:55am
plastikhaar is monofiber
im not a synth wearer so i dont know if it is 'the best' as you call it

if you use the search feature here you will find a lot of people like plastikhaar, and a lot of people wont try to sell you something you dont want

edit to add: ahh, i just read another post of yours and you already seem to be 'pro Dome hair' which you say is the only 'real monofiber' out there....so i dont see why you needed to ask this question when you already have your own answers g'day!

Edited by nursie - March 26 2007 at 9:58am
Sarah_wi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah_wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 10:35am

Yes, Sorry about the mix-up!

But I thought it was a valid question.

I've had them put in recently, but any advice is good advice especially if it is first hand would you not agree.

Didn't mean to upset anyone really!

I've done some research and I understand Monofibre is a trade mark product, I wouldn't want these terrible experiences that I've read about happen to myself or anyone else - so I thought I'd pass on what I have learned in my quest to learn more about Monofibre - a lot can happen in a day!

First thing is there are a lot of inferior products on the market, Monofibre is the best hair on the market thats why other companies wish to name their hair Monofibre.

Second thing is salons buy inferior products not knowing its not the real deal and then we the customers wonder why these horror stories happen to us or why that stylist was not good at their job?

We as consumers have one thing on ourside and that is knowledge is power, if I did not know better I would of believed your comment about Monofibre and Plastikaar.  And that's how the viscous circle contiues.

I learnt that you need to be sure of what you buying and not to believe everything your told. I did my research and so I'm sharing it with the world!

If what I have said is any way untrue find me a company that says they are selling Monofibre other than Dome and I'll show you a liar.

Bye for now!

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 11:00am
As an experienced user of synthetic hair and as someone who has worn many labels and brands, saying Dome is better is only a matter of opinion. And not one that I share with you, btw.

Edited by amm - March 27 2007 at 9:47am
sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Sarah_wi Sarah_wi wrote:

Hi Sherrie,

I'm considering getting them put in, but there is no better advice than first hand advice, so any help you can offer me would be great.

Thanks

Yes, Sorry about the mix-up!

But I thought it was a valid question.

I've had them put in recently, but any advice is good advice especially if it is first hand would you not agree.

So which is it...you are considering getting them or already have them?  These two posts were submitted a little over an hour apart. Confused  If any advice is good advice then why dismiss the good intentioned replies given here?  Unless, of course, if product promotion was your intention rather that getting advice????

How about some honesty?  What is the real reason for your OP?

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 5:36pm

Hi Sherrie,

Thanks for the tip, but I'm only interested in Monofibre, as I hear they are the best, I've also been told to keep a look out for people trying sell me thing I never asked for.

But I know your not one of those people are you...

ehhh?? I dont recall trying to sell you anything, I thought I was offering some helpful advice. But it doesnt appear that that is what your looking for.

valentine319 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valentine319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 6:51pm
After reading this is sounds like all you are concidering is Dome.  You could edit your post to ask for anyone who has worn dome and then you could google it.  If all you are looking for is the Trademarked brand that's it from what I can tell. 
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 6:52pm
Don't you hate when someone asks a question then GIVES you the answer THEY wanted.. Not sure what the intent of these posts are either since this person already seems to know the answer..
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 7:17pm
oooh, I heard the Dome method is bad bad bad!!! Sarah, if that's in your hair remove it immediately!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valentine319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 8:43pm
I could be wrong on what she meant but from my comprehension that is what she's meaning.  But I must ad a disclaimer.  Unfortunately like pet food do we really know what is all shipped and repackaged by the same original manufacterer.  Not saying it is but do your research.  Also, just because one system works for one or one hair works for one there are so many variables.  Styling type, texture, thickness of your own hair, and maintenance is huge.  Any great hair can be destroyed by bad maintenance.
Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 8:53pm
Sounds fishy to me.....
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2007 at 11:37pm
My god, your statements are not only rude, you type as though a drunk would speak.
Please reread your sentences and type proper English.
^..^
Sarah_wi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah_wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2007 at 10:26am

Its true I've had monofibre extensions put in recently but having some one who has worn them for a given length of time, sharing their experiences with me is valuable advice. I'm not being funny you only have to read certain magazines and the stories are enough to worry me.

So in conclusion of what I've read I think we should discuss safe products and in doing so, I've understood that monofibre does not require glues unlike 99% of the other types I've heard of, also it’s ethical as its man made unlike certain hair extensions which have been cut from women and children in developing countries, bought for a few pence yet sold for hundreds of pounds!

So you tell me if you've read what I have about certain hair extensions wouldn't you want to know more about the better alternatives?

Perhaps my words are falling onto deaf ears…

Edited by Sarah_wi - April 04 2007 at 8:06am
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2007 at 11:15am

You're obviously a shill for Dome products and you're irritating to boot.

Because of your performance here and on the UK board (which is utterly disgusting & makes my butt itch), I will never entertain the thought of purchasing anything by Dome again.

Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2007 at 11:36am
Originally posted by amm amm wrote:

You're obviously a shill for Dome products and you're irritating to boot.

Because of your performance here and on the UK board (which is utterly disgusting & makes my butt itch), I will never entertain the thought of purchasing anything by Dome again.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2007 at 1:15pm
Sarah wi--- we are on to you dear, you've been busted. You're persistent I give you that but not very smart. Maybe if you choose to continue to advertise for YOUR salon you should try a more subtile approach. Maybe you should sign up again under a new user name because your name is mud here now and and tout your product in a non offensive way. We buy from girls here because they are tried and true businesswomen who sell quality products because their money and their reputations are on the line. Putting down other hair products and techniques ONLY to sell your brand will not work here. If your product is good and if your services are top notch don't worry we'll use them. We are not misinformed, ignorant to current trends and methods nor are we ditzy broads with nothing else to do but play in our hair all day. We are educated consumers and we CARE about OUR hair and each others hair. That's why we search these boards. That's why we're able to spot a scam such as the one you tried to pull here. Please don't continue that route for your company's sake you appear foolish and unrefined. Please note that I will post my comment on all the posts you've replied to here.
 You owe the ladies on this forum an apology for your rudeness. You have also greatly damaged the name of your salon and your supplier by behaving in this fashion.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valentine319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 4:45am
Well I gave benefit of the doubt until almost the end. Ms Honey has said it all.  The hair trade, I can tell you when I was 12, I gave mine away.  I had hair down to my waist.  It was used in making wigs for kids with cancer.  Ethics are a very touchy subject.  You mention individuals not gtting just money but let's do the oppositie let's shut it off. That small amount of money that was helping them eat is gone.  There are 2 sides to every story and we buy from reputable vendors.    When your question turned into a soapbox speach .  I suggest this post be locked and moved to advertising.   & yes, I wear synthetic hair but not dome.
Sarah_wi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah_wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 8:19am
I don't think you get my point? It’s not about what product you where its bigger than that, its about exploitation! I think if we all stopped being so egotistical and really just thought about what we are buying into you might think again, we do have choices and I am not trying to enforce one onto you. What I'm saying is is that there are more stories out there, stories that have put me off human hair, the exploitation is just one of them, some young women are tied down and the hair is hacked off, the lucky ones get paid! There does not appear to be any regulations on how human hair is acquired, we are told the hair has been ethically sourced or kids and women can get a chance to eat... Who are we kidding? Seriously?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic