Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mens Hairstyles and Facial Shapes?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alex R. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mens Hairstyles and Facial Shapes?!?!
    Posted: March 27 2007 at 7:56am
plz help me out here! i always find sites that have recommended hairstyles for women that correspond to their facial shape, but i never find sites like this for men Cry. im looking for a new hairstyle but i dont wanna look like a tard because it doesnt look good with my facial shape Tongue. shot guys and thnx
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 8:41am
As a woman, I've been pressured to follow that stuff too, but there are some things you should realize.  1. All of those face shape/haircut things are designed to make everyone look like they have an oval face.  2. They change. 

When I was young, the salon experts were all saying that if you had a long face, you had to have long hair.  Now, 20 years later, they all say if you have a long face, you have to have a chin length bob or shorter to make your face look more oval.  What a flip!

While they are right, short hair does make a long face look more oval, it does not necessarily make it more flattering.  (I look terrible with short hair).  The hair you should have is the style that you feel looks best on you, because those generic face shape rules don't work for everyone, we just don't all look the same, and we all have different features which look better with different hair.  For example, square jaws look good on guys, so I don't see any reason any of them should try to make their faces look more oval with a certain haircut.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic