Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I need a new style

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
padfootsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote padfootsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need a new style
    Posted: April 03 2007 at 5:41am
I have extremely thin hair, and i want a new style, preferably with swoop bangs. (i used to have them, but it's been so long since my hair was cut, I can put my bangs in my mouth now)

I have tried layers in the past, and the person cutting it has always messed my hair up. Is my hair too thin to do layers?

also, could someone tell me my faceshape, and possibly a good haircut that would go with it?

please excuse the silly pictures, but my personal computer is down, so all I have are these::

[IMG]http://a773.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/44/l_400d773f5a3e0f21cc1c2ae84b0f2c5c.jpg" />

my hair is more or less this long:
[IMG]http://a716.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/30/l_51ee249ff88bbd5c8340624b38aaca9b.jpg" />

[IMG]http://a735.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/15/l_f21dec83d079bb2767409159e1421fce.jpg" />

I hope those give you an accurate view of my hair (i know they're dark pictures - sorry!)

I would like my hair a little above shoulder length, but long enough so that i can pull it back. any suggestions?

Edited by padfootsy - April 03 2007 at 5:42am
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 10:48am
I couldn't access the pictures but if your hair is truly fine and thin I wouldn't advise long hair.  And no layers unless you go super short.  Your best bet is probably somewhere between shoulders and chin length.  I'll bet the swoop bangs would look beautiful.  And be sure to get regular trims to keep your style in shape once you get your hair cut.  You might want to try looking at the hairstyle selection they have on hairboutique.com.  They have lots of styles and you can put in parameters to narrow the choices.

Edited by demodoll - April 05 2007 at 10:49am
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
StringyMimi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StringyMimi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 4:59pm
Hmmm... you know what I think?  I think that if you went to a salon and experimented with color, it might help out your situation.  I saw your pictures and you have a really plain hairstyle, but being that your hair is so fine and thin, the number of style choices that are available to you are limited.  I would consider just trimming it and trying out highlights and a new color or something.  Also, in that picture you had with your boyfriend, I noticed that your hair was like, flipped out a little at the end or something.  Maybe try using a curling iron in the other direction?  Just a suggestion from a fellow thin-headed girl.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic