Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

too bleached highlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dkkilian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkkilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: too bleached highlights
    Posted: April 07 2007 at 9:35pm
I had my hair highlighted yesterday. I asked for golden, caramel color (my hair is light brown)I had all the color lifted and ended up looking gray. I went back today and they "toned" it. Now it's a little better but still kind of gray. Are there any shampoos or conditioners out there that could help? I don't want any more chemicals or I'm afraid my hair will fry! Thanks!
Kim
Sarsvati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarsvati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 1:42pm
If you're lookin for a more natural way, I kow that molasses can be used for deep conditioning and it also darkens the hair a little. You could put it on the highlights only.

Edited by Sarsvati - April 17 2007 at 1:58pm
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2007 at 9:06am
I'm assuming you've done something by now, but in case you haven't you can get pigment shampoos at the beauty supply shop.  They are ones that look like paint in the bottle, not translucent.  You can have a lot of fun with those and bleached highlights.  The shampoo tends to stick better to bleached hair than natural, so you will be changing the color of your highlights by using it more than changing your base color.  These colors wash in, and then wash out when you go back to using regular shampoo.  So you can have your highlights red one week, then blonde one week, then dark brown the next.  (When my hair was bleached I used them to get a different haircolor everyweek, it was a lot of fun!)
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic