Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HOW DO I...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brunett_bunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brunett_bunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOW DO I...
    Posted: April 10 2007 at 7:12am
GET MY HAIR LONGER? Cry It is very short right now and does anybod know some ways to help it grow faster without "hair growth formulas"? i heard once that deep conditioning once a month lets it grow healthy and faster, my older sister used to do it. so have any other tips?
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 11:49am
1. stop cutting it
2. condition alot to prevent breakage and loss of length
3. eat a healthy diet
4. get plenty of exercise
5. get enough rest
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Army Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Army Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2007 at 6:52pm
great advice hairbraider.  Excuse the pun, but there are no short-cuts to growing long beautiful hair.  It takes time and patience.Approve
Lori
1bCiii
hennahead
Sarsvati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarsvati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 2:15pm
Massage your scalp every day. It stimulates the hair follicles and helps it grow faster. Stand on your head so the blood goes to your scalp! Just kidding. But that is how exercise works - helps get blood flowin to the scalp

Edited by Sarsvati - April 17 2007 at 1:56pm
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2007 at 11:51am

Keeping it healthy will help prevent split-ends, thus letting you avoid frequent trims. Stick around the forums for tips on how to keep your hair it's healthiest!

If I can grow it long, anyone can!

Shanarana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shanarana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 7:05pm
One thing I did that seemed to help was to stop using any heat on my hair at all..... I always just let it air dry and it seemed to make a difference for me anyways.
24" of hair as of 7/7/07 Goal: 33"
Shanarana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shanarana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 7:07pm
Love your length....how many inches is that?  That looks like an ideal length for me. 

Your hair looks very nice and healthy
24" of hair as of 7/7/07 Goal: 33"
saranne772 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saranne772 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2008 at 4:47pm
Dont use any heat damaging things- blow driers, straighteners, curlers.
Wash with natural things as far as possible.
I use an alternation of coconut oil and sweet almond oil- I put onto my hair thick and leave overnight before washing the next morning everyother wash.
Scalp massage is also good (see other posters reasons)
Biotin helps a little in some people
Dont cut- other than S&D
Wearing hair up (not all the time but some of the time) keeps the ends protected.
Cover hair away from weather- wind, rain, also away from chemicals- chlorine.
Dont die (yes I know its spelt wrong) your hair either!

And be patient, love it, baby it and it will grow.

Oh and I recommend taking a progress picture on the 1st of each month. You may not see progress day to day but you will over time!
mandeloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandeloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2008 at 1:57pm
some say prenatal vitamins work

some say they only work if you're pregnant as well.

worth a shot?
barbz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2011 at 12:22pm
It is just sad when i see people trying to grow long hair it brings back memories of my struggle with long hair. There are various problems with growing long hair so many issues you have to address such as your diet styling habits the equipment you use the accessories used, products and more.
There's this guide that helps you grow your hair faster naturally, that's what i used to grow mine.
See if it works for you click here
Wish you all the best
ryanrolls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanrolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2011 at 8:33am

To have a long hair, you might need more time in order to grow them.Smile

Oil Treatments

Essential oils like Aloe Vera, coconut oil and lavender and eucalyptus oil are proven to promote the growth of the hair. The carrot oil is also the latest discovery in stimulating hair growth. Applying them directly onto the scalp will make the follicles healthier that will then produce stronger and longer hair quickly and naturally. They are also very safe for the hair because the oils are made from all-natural ingredients.

Hair Care Recipes

Hair care recipes are proven to be effective in making the hair grow longer in a shorter period of time. They are also very easy to perform at home; we just need to have the right ingredients.

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 18 2011 at 4:37pm
aloxgayel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aloxgayel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2011 at 5:58pm
If you love your long hair, do not want to cut it short, you can try some simple tips to keep its length, making it more manageable. It is believed that only washing and conditioning of all, they need to do their long hair beautiful and healthy.
mendosa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mendosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2011 at 11:42pm
People think of washing hair correctly, they think that choosing the right shampoo and conditioner, especially specific products for hair loss if they have been losing hair. The fact of the matter is, improper washing styles and sometimes spurious products for hair loss can cause a great deal of damage to long hair,But it has more  controversy.
use the products for hair loss and wash when it starts feeling dirty and without shining.

Edited by mendosa - October 01 2011 at 11:47pm
Geminigal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geminigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 8:12am
Hi BB,
I've just started using a product that I'm really excited about!I have always worn my hair short and decided I would like to go for some length for a change,but nothing much was happening! A friend recommend this all natural,oil conditioner called Euro Organic Oil Conditioner and Moisturizer made by Morrocco Method.It's a blend of wild crafted organic oils that naturally encourages hair growth! Apparently it restores the natural pH balance of the scalp and stimulates the glands. I love that it all the ingredients are raw, vegan and organic, that's really important to me. I am using that along with their Pine Shale and Apple Cider Vinegar shampoo that nourish hair and stimulate growth also.
I have just begun this routine but feel certain that it will help to get my hair growing in a natural and healthy way!
Hope this helps
Moreta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moreta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2012 at 8:06pm
I know this will sound odd but cutting your hair  actually helps it grow.  Ask your hairdresser to use a blunt snip method. It gives the best results with all hair types and is adaptable for virtually any style. When you get your hair cut is as important as how.  Try consulting a Lunar Hair Chart to find the best time of the month to trim the ends to encourage growth.
thejamilfresh06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejamilfresh06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2012 at 11:08am
I know I'm really late, but I love talking about hair care. I'm assuming, because you're dealing with hair that won't grow and this is usually the case, that you're using hair products that contain chemicals such as sodium laurel (laureth) sulfate, silicons, and a host of other hair-unfriendly things. Like you, I was in that same boat. I cut my hair off completely the winter of 2009. I had a pixi cut and I eventually grew to hate it because extremely curly hair does not look good on me as a pixi LOL. I vowed to never use a straightener (I broke that vow) or other heating elements, but with really short, curly hair it's either use that stuff, or a WHOLE lot of gel, or rock a curly fro.

Soooo fast forward to 2010, my hair was a little past my chin and I wanted it longer. It just would NOT grow. I was eating alright, but I realized something else was going on. Then I started researching products to help hair growth and stumbled upon so much information regarding ingredients in hair care products that can actually hinder hair growth and cause allergic reactions. I immediately began eliminating those products from my hair care regimen. It took me over a year but I am finally 100% natural when it comes to hair (and skin) care. And even with monthly trimmings to get rid of the damaged hair, my hair is still past my bra strap. I have about 2 more inches of damaged hair to trim off, and then I will finally have completely healthy hair. Embracing natural hair care is so scary, but trust me, it's worth it. I saw somebody mention Morrocco Method. Love them! Really great, natural products. My favorite is the Pearl Essence cream conditioner. All of their products encourage hair growth and my hair loves them.

The first step to growing hair is to nurture it and that means taking care of it naturally. I hope that you have some great results whichever route you choose! Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic