Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kou Shibasaki (Japan's queen of gorgeous hair!)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kou Shibasaki (Japan's queen of gorgeous hair!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
pockyisgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pockyisgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kou Shibasaki (Japan's queen of gorgeous hair!)
    Posted: April 10 2007 at 1:30pm
Don't know who is this girl?

Basically, she's Japan's equivalent to Beyonce and Angelina Jolie combined! Movie star, TV star, singer, model,  the whole shebang! I think the Western world should know about her.

go to these places for extensive database of pics and info:

http://kou-shibasaki.nihon-zone.com/

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/kou_shibasaki_fandom/?yguid=236147470

http://kou-shibasaki.actifforum.com/
(you have to sign up to be able to view the forums, but it's so much worth it!)

and here for videos:

http://www.veoh.com/search.html?search=kou+shibasaki&numResults=20&action=search&fromSearchForm=fromSearchForm

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=kou%20shibasaki&search_sort=video_date_uploaded&search_category=0

Anyways, since several years, I'm obsessed with her hair. Check out her pics and you'll see why! I do not know if it was real or extensions - if the latter, then they're extremely well concealed (for six years I wore extensions, so i know that it is difficult or impossible to disguise them when you wear certain styles)- and if anyone can tell, then please say.

Hope that you like!

*~!wa-ah-ow!~*
Julie30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 5:43pm
She's beautiful!

I'm Asian-American, so thanks for the photos of her!
Julie
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 7:32pm
Great!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pockyisgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2007 at 1:05pm
No problem :)
She's such a megastar in Japan yet the Western world mostly is ignorant of her existence, which is a shame. I hope that within the next few years probably this will change!
*~!wa-ah-ow!~*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pockyisgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 2:29pm
chose to reply rather than to edit, because this thread has only two replies and so I thought instead to post some pics!

Enjoy!

Edited by pockyisgod - April 18 2007 at 3:01pm
*~!wa-ah-ow!~*
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 9:25pm
I saw a mix bag long and short wasn't sure if she used fake hair. http://kou-shibasaki.nihon-zone.com/ it was that site that had the mixed bag.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pockyisgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2007 at 9:49pm
from 2000 to 2006 she had long hair (I don't know whether extensions or real), then in 2006 she had a long mullet style, then in April got a bob. Since then, it's grown a lot and is again shoulder length. She may have had extensions again, I don't know.  
*~!wa-ah-ow!~*
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2007 at 1:31pm
     Big%20smile Thank you for posting all the sensational photos, Pocky. But IMO, she is a *former* "queen of gorgeous hair". Her stiff, shortish curly perm featured in one of the NEW galleries at her site is especially unimpressive. But I'm glad that you introduced her here, anyway. I'm sure that most Americans are unaware of her. Best, Bob

Edited by Bob S - April 24 2007 at 1:34pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pockyisgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 5:14am
ah yes, alas, I decided not to mention that she cut her hair. However, even though I prefer when her hair was long, it is still gorgeous as short also. 
*~!wa-ah-ow!~*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pockyisgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2007 at 4:01pm
More pics anyone?
Oh well, for several hours I have nothing to do, so I'm 'a bump this thread for those who have missed it! If anyone needs more evidence that Ms Shibasaki has some rocking do's, here it is!

http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ray310st9.jpg

http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ray210dz8.jpg

2007 April or May

also April or May
(I say this because magazine photo shoots take place at least a month in advance)

March or April

also April or May

April or May

April or May

of course, you can find more here:
http://kou-shibasaki.nihon-zone.com/

Old pics:
2005, December

i think, 2004

2003/2004

2005 sometime

2006, Feb

2006, Feb

*~!wa-ah-ow!~*
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2007 at 8:30pm
Oh well maybe she will gorw it out long again. I do have to say some of her pass sholders dos work well.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2007 at 4:05pm
     Sorry Pocky, the layered shoulder cut is mundane and blase, and it makes me wonder why she chose to do this. I'm sure that no one wishes to be known only as a hank of splendid hair, but it does get one noticed when one is in entertainment. Yours, Bob Confused
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2007 at 8:53am

I envy Asian hair. It tends to grow so quickly and due to the amount of cuticle layers, it can take a hell of alot of dying.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2007 at 9:53am
Very true. Hey welcome back HFO! Where you been?
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2007 at 3:16pm
ThanksSmile. Been working loads of hours and getting stuff sorted for college. Didn't really bother much with hair for a while but I missed this place.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2007 at 9:38pm
We missed you too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pockyisgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Hellfrozeover Hellfrozeover wrote:

I envy Asian hair. It tends to grow so quickly and due to the amount of cuticle layers, it can take a hell of alot of dying.

Exactly. I'm so much envious of it too. Bleach it continually, add heavy duty extensions, wear falls for like 12 hours, swim every day...and absolutely no damage whatsoever!! Oh, to have Asian hair!! Cry
*~!wa-ah-ow!~*
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 11:11pm
Asian hair is very beautiful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pockyisgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 8:12pm
back to long again. Yay!!

and a video: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ANNL4LIJ

pics corteousy of http://kou-shibasaki.actifforum.com

Edited by pockyisgod - November 21 2007 at 8:14pm
*~!wa-ah-ow!~*
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2007 at 5:16am
I guess we should ask: "Are they extensions"?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic