Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Going from bleach blonde to light auburn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
karaalexis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karaalexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going from bleach blonde to light auburn
    Posted: April 12 2007 at 10:53am
Two weeks ago I used Born Blonde Max to lighten my dark blonde hair.  Big mistake!! It's now a yellowy blonde color.  I know I can put a toner on it, but I would rather just go back to a darker color.  I usually use ash color because I'm very fair skinned but I think they kinda wash me out too much.  So that is why I want to use a light auburn color.

Can someone suggest how to go about doing this and maybe recommend some colors?  I called Clairol to ask them and she told me to go to a stylist....thanks Clairol! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kara~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karaalexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2007 at 2:19pm
Anybody???
valkyrie_grrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valkyrie_grrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 1:34pm
I would try to use something like Second Nature with 10 vol. peroxide(semi permanent).  It does not lighten hair and is a color corrective product.  Choose something maybe a little bit darker than you a going for(level wise) and maybe a little ashier(to counteractive how light your hair already is).

You could also try Jazzing or something from the Beautiful Collection.  Both are by Clairol, but both are VERY temporary.  Jazzing has a couple of nice brownish/auburnish colors.  Semi perm could be a way to go as well, but keep in mind you've got prelightened hair(i.e. very pourous and light), so it will effect results.

Good luck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karaalexis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2007 at 6:50pm
Thanks!  I did it...I used Natural Instincts lighten golden brown (it's actually pretty dark), but I like it. 

Now when the color starts to fade do I use  the semi-permanent again or a permanent hair dye?
valkyrie_grrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valkyrie_grrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 12:41am
You could probably just use the semi-perm, if that's a good color for you.  It will be less damaging than using a permanent color and if most of your hair is bleached, permanent colors won't work as well. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic