Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyberhair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2007 at 5:32am
True Ms Honey. Its just been my personal expierience that the human hair has had issues. I usually start to have problems with excessive drying, tamgling and matting a little over a month after wear. It could very well be something Im doing wrong with the maintanance and care. I dunno. I have looked into using the much more expensive Russian hair and that would be what I would choose if I wear the human hair again and knowing me, I will at some point. Each time I wear extensions, I try to switch methods to see if something is better. But, I have always used the Indian hair, mainly for cost reasons. My own texture is silky fine caucasian but I have just enough to be able to blend with the Indian texture passably.
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2007 at 8:45am
hi krimsa i look forward to your install pic! what color are you getting? your hair texture, by your description, sounds like mine
lotta talkin 'bout hair n other stuff: http://www.diyextensions.net/
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2007 at 8:56am
Thanks Nursie. I dont even know on the color. Ive always done sort of a dark chocolate brown but that gets old. Im also pale skinned so it tends to give me a goth look unless I wear the make-up to pull it off. Not to mention Im 35 this month and maybe that harsh dark color is not the best to try to maintain anymore. hehe. I will look at their colors and maybe see about blending 2-3 together. Im not doing anything punk or too wild though. The Elite Thermofibre website has some INCREDIBLE color mixes and that gave me ideas. Check that out if you havn't yet. My goodness they are beautiful! i mean the shrinkies site and then go to the Elite Thermofibre section and scroll down to the blends. I dont know if cyberhair will have that many colors though and it mght get into expensive special orders.
nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2007 at 9:24am
yep ive been to the shrinkies site, i've got a bit of the elite thermo, it feels good and looks good, i've just shyed away from installing it so far...i love the look of mixed colors rather than one flat one too :)
lotta talkin 'bout hair n other stuff: http://www.diyextensions.net/
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2007 at 10:41am
Right, I agree its sort of a big step to go from natural hair to synthetic because Im afriad it will look like plastic and feel like a barbie doll. lol. I dont think so. Or else probably no one would want to work with it if it was horrible.

Yes a mixture of colors is always more believable with extensions in my opinion. Actually when just coloring natural hair, it seems to look more interesting when you have high and low lights and pretty in daylight.

Edited by krimsa - May 01 2007 at 12:37pm
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by krimsa krimsa wrote:

Right, I agree its sort of a big step to go from natural hair to synthetic because Im afriad it will look like plastic and feel like a barbie doll. lol. I dont think so. Or else probably no one would want to work with it if it was horrible.

You would be surprised. I've been on some hair extension websites recently where the extension hair didn't remotely match the clients and looked too plastic baby doll-ish. Not only did the stylist post the picks on their site but the victim, I mean client, was smiling like the Cheshire CatShocked
ALL EYES ON ME
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 6:07pm
No doubt. I have seen what I would refer to myself as terrible extension jobs prowdly displayed on various websites.

I guess it just goes to show what one person thinks is crap, another loves and will pay thousands for and probably did. You also have no way of knowing if the stylist wanted to give them that look, advised them against it or if the client had unreal expectations.
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2007 at 8:29pm
Well I know I said I was going to get the Micro Point Accents installed and I did go for the consult back on May 9th. I decided against it just because the reality kicked in as to how expensive it would be. I need to give my finances a rest as well as my hair. I’m thinking I will go with the method but probably not till end of the summer.

Overall, the attachment looked good and very hard to see. Its a little ball. One of the stylists had them in and you can barely feel them unless you dig. Its smooth against your fingertip and the hairs sort of flair out from the ball if that makes sense so it does give a very natural appearance. I was impressed with them.

The Cyberhair itself was also nice. She allowed me to feel it both wet and dry and I could not tell it from healthy human hair. Maybe slightly more slippery when wet so to speak. It also has a reflective almost mirror like quality to it. It is 4 times lighter than human hair which means less stress on the attachment both wet and dry which is also a plus and more comfortable to wear.

So I would give Micro Point Accents and Cyberhair a thumbs up, just a bit out of my price range right now as I just had Hairlocs removed.

Here is a closer look at the Accent.

http://www.cybermane.com/images/shelly2.jpg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic