Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyberhair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyberhair?
    Posted: April 25 2007 at 9:14am
Hi all. Has anyone tried Cyberhair? If so, what was your opinion of it? I am interesed in Micro Point Accents which utilizes cyberhair instead of natural. Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 11:48am
Cyberhair? Does a computer make the hair?

Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by krimsa krimsa wrote:

Hi all. Has anyone tried Cyberhair? If so, what was your opinion of it? I am interesed in Micro Point Accents which utilizes cyberhair instead of natural. Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

one of the girls here sells it. I can't remember which, search micropoint
ALL EYES ON ME
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 2:37pm
No. At least I dont think so It is high end synthetic hair that is supposed to look and feel very close to human strands. It also boasts something called "style memory" which means it retains its style with little effort on your part. Here are a few sites that explain it and show photos. My main concern is the feel and I was wondering if anyone on the board here has worn or worked with it in extensions.

http://www.micropointlink.com/contact.aspx

http://www.cyberhair1.com/contact.aspx

http://www.cybermane.com/Healthy_Mane_using_Cyberhair_Extensions_Portfolio.html
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 2:58pm
Thanks MSHONEY. I tried that search but nothing came up. Another person was talkng about "thermohair" and Im wondering if that is the same as cyberhair but with another name? Its hard to know. I looked up thermohair and it also looks nice and very human hair like.

I have worn 4 different extensions types over the years. Pinch Braids (Hair Police) which were way too bulky for me, Elegant Additions which were better, Great Lengths which was okay but I did have some breakage from the bond and lastly Hairlocs which seem to slip out of my hair too much. With all of these extension methods I used human hair and though it looks nice at first, after washing and normal grooming, it seems to wear out, tangles easily and looses sheen. As we all know also, the cost of human hair can really ad up.

So, Im throwing in the towel. Not on extensions (I will be the first to admit Im addicted to them and will probably be an 80 year old woman looking for the latest method)

Im saying im done with the human hair and now want to try a top of the line synthetic but not if it will feel like a dolls hair so anyone use synthetics out there care to give some feedback on them?
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 3:50pm
Im sorry on that last post I meant to write "Thermofiber". Sorry.
mrswozzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrswozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2007 at 8:42pm
I love love love love love the Elite thermofiber!!! It retains its curl (or straight) through washings and everything. It's THE closest synthetic I've ever felt to human hair. It's tangle free and the cost is great!! Shrinkies.net sells it, you will be very happy!!!!
Got Hair
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2007 at 9:08pm
I think Thermofiber and Cyberhair are different products but both are high grade synthetics. I have heard really good things about Thermofiber. Cyberhair I dont know anyone that has tried it. Either way, Im feeling more confident with the artificial hair than I was.
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2007 at 10:58pm
Everyone loves Amm's Elite Thermofiber! 

krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 6:12am
I looked up Elite Thermofiber and it does look nice. I honestly cant tell it from virgin human hair in photos because its shiny (reflects light)Another positive thing I have heard about it from extentionists is its easier to cut and get a nice line on the peremeter of the hair and sides.

Those of you that have touched and worn it, how does it feel? If you were blindfolded could you tell it from human hair?    How does it feel when wet?

Another plus is it 4 times lighter than most human hair so I would imagine that makes it much more comfortable as an extension. Less weight would tend to put less stress on the bond.

What about durability and life with synthetic hair? Cyberhair makes some pretty high claims about the hair having double the life of natural strands because it does not break or dry out as quickly. With proper care of course. I imagine repeated heat styling will take its toll on the synthetic as well.
mrswozzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrswozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 10:33am
It feels just like human hair! It is much lighter which is a bonus for me because I have to install 12 ounces at a time (really thick hair) and it doesn't bother me. It does feel icky when its wet, but I keep it in a towel or put on a shirt and its fine. It seems to last quite a while, if you think its getting icky, flat iron it with some steam and WALA its just like when you first opened it. I had mine in for 5 weeks and could have reused it, but changed to a new color. The hair itself was still in great shape. Besides at that price you can afford to get more! :)
I sound like I work for Amm, but really I just LOVE this hair!
Got Hair
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2007 at 11:02am
Cool. I think Im sold amd will go ahead with Micro Point Accents in 18'' but that wont be the Thermofiber but Cyberhair instead. I dont like heat styling so that is less of a concern and Micro Point Accents only utilizes the Cyberhair as far as I know.

Cyberhair claims (underline claims as I dont know) that it feels like human hair both wet and dry so we shall see. Its less important to me if the synthetic hair feels icky when wet as long as it holds up better than natural hair. It sounds like it does from your testimonial.

I'll get that cyberhair on my knoggen, live with it a bit and post before and afters of it and let you know how showers go. hehe
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2007 at 3:54pm
Just thought I would add this:

MOISTURE CONTENT
Because of the high content of moisture in Cyberhair®, when wet or dry the hair feels and responds like healthy human hair. This high moisture content also helps eliminate frizzing.

This is taken from their site explaining what Cyberhair is. They also have the magnified photos of Cyberhair and a healthy human hair to compare. Here is the site:

http://www.cyberhair1.com/what.aspx
Aphrodiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2007 at 12:55pm
HI Krisma,

Since you are giving such a great Information on this hair now, I would like to find out ....Where do you buy this hair? I don't see an area on the site where to buy this hair. I Just see information about the hair.

Sound interesting. I am desperate to try Elite Thermo,I am such a hair addict.

Edited by Aphrodiva - April 30 2007 at 10:39am
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2007 at 8:54pm
I dont know how you can buy it on its own and Im guessing you cant. The only way I know is through a salon listed on their site and that would be if you are getting the Accents done by them. I dont know who the distributors are. A company in Japan actually designed the Cyberhair. I want to emphasize though that I am not promoting the hair or anything like that because I have yet to try it myself. I have never even touched it. It might be complete crap but seems to look fantastic in photos. I cant tell it apart from healthy human hair.

I plan on getting the Micro Point Accents with the 18 inch cyberhair on May 9th and once I've worn it a couple weeks, I will be able to say at least from my opinion how it feels, styles and reacts with water. I will post on here how it went. I know some people have tried Thermofiber (also a synthetic hair but no the same product) and they seem to love it. Im just sick and tired of spending a small fortune on human hair extensions only to have them look good a month tops and then steadily go downhill and frizzle out.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2007 at 11:34pm
Cybernhair is distributed by International Hairgoods which is headquartered in Minnesota.  And Aderans is the parent company, which is a Japanese company.

In order for a stylist to sell Cyberhair, they must apply for and be approved by International Hairgoods for a territory.  It is a lengthy application process with  a sales quota must be met by all selling the product.

I looked into acquiring a sales territory.  They sent me a sample, so I was able to feel and work with the Cyberhair.  In my opinion, it is a step above the thermofibre that are available on the Internet.  I did however did not opt to continue the process for a territory, since I was developing my own line of hair extensions, Godiva Flat Strands.

Good luck and let us know how it goes with the Cyberhair.

krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2007 at 9:34am
Thanks metalgirl. I know you know your way around the synthetics.

Aderans was the Japanese company I was thinking of but couldnt remember the name. It says that this hair was a decade in the making and it definitely seems to be the cutting edge of the synthetics.

I think possibly what makes it superior to the Thermofibre is its ability to behave closer to natural hair when wet. But you pay for it and its higher priced then the Thermofibre as well.

I was reading on another website that part of the reason that human hair extensions dont last is because hair rooted at the scalp is constantly being coated with sebum which keeps it moisturized and resilient. Of course with extensions, this filmy oil is not getting to the added hair so even with good care, hair products can only do so much and the hair will dry out and lose sheen over time. You might be able to get a few more months with better quality human hair but its impossible to stop the drying process. Of course shampooing, brushing, sun exposure all factor in as well to speed up the process.

This is why I want to try the cyberhair and see if I can get more use out of it and have it remain in good shape longer.
Aphrodiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2007 at 10:39am
HI Krimsa!! Thanks for the reply....

I did not use the correct word when I use PROMOTION, I was being funny ( I try to hard :)  PMS makes you have lots of brain farts.Ouch
I will edit the post to INFORMATION.LOL

Anyway, I am desperate to find out reviews of someone using this hair!!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Edited by Aphrodiva - April 30 2007 at 10:41am
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2007 at 12:02pm
Oh dont worry. It did sound like I was promoting the Cyberhair and synthetics to some degree but I just wanted to make sure no one ran out and bought the hair based on a few positive comments as I have never even tried it! Actually I have never even tried any extension systems that utilized anything other than the human hair. It always seems to look and feel nice right after the install and I try my absolute best to take care of the hair, barely styling and washing only as needed but the hair just doesnt hold up. I also have only ever used the Indian hair and that could be part of the problem. My texture might require a silkier, lighter hair to start with. Who knows.

I am also not a salon owner nor an extentionist, just a person that loves extensions and hair.

So I get the Cyberhair on May 9th. They are called Micro Point Accents and the system uses the Cyberhair only as far as I am aware. I will post some photos, let you know how they feel and any shedding or slippage. There is an entire care line for the Cyberhair including a special pillowcase and a non-friction towel to use. That seems like a lot of products! I will probably need to pick and choose what seems most important. Shampoo and conditioner of course and I think there is an oil that they recommend as well.

Edited by krimsa - April 30 2007 at 4:46pm
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2007 at 1:55am
Originally posted by krimsa krimsa wrote:

Oh dont worry. It did sound like I was promoting the Cyberhair and synthetics to some degree but I just wanted to make sure no one ran out and bought the hair based on a few positive comments as I have never even tried it! Actually I have never even tried any extension systems that utilized anything other than the human hair. It always seems to look and feel nice right after the install and I try my absolute best to take care of the hair, barely styling and washing only as needed but the hair just doesnt hold up. I also have only ever used the Indian hair and that could be part of the problem. My texture might require a silkier, lighter hair to start with. Who knows.

I am also not a salon owner nor an extentionist, just a person that loves extensions and hair. 

Human hair vs. Synthetic hair? It's just a personal preference. I've worn both and have had success with both. Human hair does hold up if it's not damaged. I've used human Indian and Chinese hair and reused it with no problem. I've used hair from sites and BSS hair and they've were great. You can't lump all human or synth hair in the same catergory, good or bad. Like I said it's just a personal preference.
ALL EYES ON ME
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic