Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sally Hershberger Shag

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LRM1965 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sally Hershberger Shag
    Posted: June 07 2007 at 9:00pm
I also have my hair a little past shoulder and all one length, and it is getting boring to me.  I haven't made the jump for the cut yet, but still want to do something different. 
I have another appt, July 10th and we'll see what my hairdresser and I can come up with.
Lisa
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2007 at 3:18pm
I have a shag but a very, very short one.  I used to have all one length hair anywhere from shoulder length to chin and had that for about 20 years.  I have to say I like this hair cut much, much better but it did take me a long time to get the product mix right.  I generally do have to wash it every day but it takes about 5 minutes to dry and style.  It does take a really great hairdresser to get the cut correct though.  Just make sure that they leave enough in back and enough bangs that it doesn't become a pixie.  Then get a good wax or pommade and a good "hard" hold hairspray and you are good to go for the day.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
LRM1965 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2007 at 9:28am
Thanks for the response, I have just about talked myself out of it now.  I have a square face and do not have a strong jawline, so I may just keep it longer.
Lisa
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2007 at 8:08pm
This is just my experience, I can't speak for others - but I have fine hair,  and the shag was a disaster for me.  I thought for sure it would work on me; after all, Meg Ryan's hair is fine (right?) and she rocked that haircut.  On me, not so great. But there are some factors to consider here: One is that my face shape (long) typically doesn't work well with a shag.  The second is that at the time, I had no idea at all how to style my hair.  I didn't even know what a round brush was, LOL.  So how was I going to work with razor cut layers? 

Keep in mind that a shag will require some effort from you each morning (no wash and wear there) but don't rule it out!  It may just work nicely for you.  You should find a reputable stylist and have a chat about it.  You can also try one of those virtual makeovers where you upload your picture online and try on a bunch of different styles to see how they suit you.  Do a little research on different styles before you jump in and you'll be more likely to find the best cut for your hair type and facial features.

Good luck!
LRM1965 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2007 at 11:03am
I have medium fine hair, have always had the same look, all one length. shoulder.  I am 42 and ready for a change, when I get my hair cut shorter, I have not liked it, but that may be because it is always one length.  I watched Shear Genious the other night when they did the shag, and I love that hairstyle, and now am wondering if I can do that.  My hair is highlighted.. 
Let me know how a shag has worked for others with fine hair.

Lisa
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic