Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP ME CUT MY LONG HAIR SHORT-PICS INSIDE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amyp5722 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amyp5722 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP ME CUT MY LONG HAIR SHORT-PICS INSIDE
    Posted: May 01 2007 at 9:25am
I'm thinking about cutting my hair which is a couple inches past my shoulders.  I have thick, course, dry hair that seems to be quite damaged (despite the fact it has not been coloured or permed for 10+ years).  Iwas thinking of some sort of bob but not sure what type as I don't want to look like a puffball.  Open to all suggestions.  I have tried to upload photos of myself but does not work.

Help me!

Edited by amyp5722 - May 02 2007 at 12:19am
Amy
amyp5722 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amyp5722 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2007 at 11:43pm
here it is. my mop.  as you can see in pic #2 it just looks like crap.
what should i do?
Amy
LRM1965 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 7:48am
Amy, with your face shape, I think you would look great with a shag haircut, and you can choose a long or short version of it.  It has a lot of flexibility.

Lisa
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 9:58am
Yes, just above the shoulders, layered, shag like.  If you like it, it's easy to go shorter, or grow it back out if you don't like it.  Good Luck.
amyp5722 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amyp5722 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 10:11am
how short do you suppose I go with the layers.  what would be easiest to maintain as my hair is quite thick
Amy
LRM1965 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRM1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 8:44pm
I think having the bottom of it just hitting your shoulders, then layered up the rest of the way, if thats not too drastic for you.

Lisa
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2007 at 2:07pm
So what happened? did you go for it?

Post some pics please
africa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote africa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2007 at 11:13am
did you go for the cut
can i help you been cutting hair for 25 years
zelda

Edited by DaveDecker - June 03 2007 at 7:55pm
amyp5722 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amyp5722 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2007 at 4:30pm
I won a makeover on a local tv show.  I thought I would just let them do what they thought would look good.

I think I want it shorter, do you think I should do it?

Amy
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2007 at 5:05pm
Wow I like the new cut. Very nice.Approve

You could easily go shorter and i must admit i would have thought they would have done, but it depends on how short you were thinking of going.  Do you have anything in mind?

I'd suggest the invert bob like Kristina Lenko has.  Shorter but not too short.  I'll try and post a pictue.Smile
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2007 at 5:09pm
Kristina Lenko
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2007 at 9:58pm
I think it look amazing and you should leave it alone!!!!
spikey-italian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spikey-italian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2007 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Hal Hal wrote:

I think it look amazing and you should leave it alone!!!!
amyp5722 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amyp5722 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2007 at 1:58pm
Thanks, I was going to leave it for a while anyways & see how it works out. 
Amy
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2007 at 2:23pm
HAve to agree with Hal -its stunning the way it is now
Its your hair, your choice and your decision
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic