Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mariska Hargitay Pixied?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mariska Hargitay Pixied?
    Posted: May 02 2007 at 9:37am
According to People.com, Mariska debuted a new pixie at a "cookie magazine" event this week. Anyone confirm or deny this?  People has a pic up on their website.

We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 9:42am
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 9:52am
Though I like it short and think she had let it get WAY too long for her I liked it just above her shoulders the best.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 9:54am
Not the first time she has done that.  She is very pretty and wears the pixie very, very well!

(Also, she works on the Law & Order franchise, and it seems that many of the women in the shows cut their hair short while on the show)
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 10:03am
I couldn't bring myself to reply to myself twice, but now i can reply again.

Let there be rejoicing in Kansas. I've always thought she looked best with this style. A close second was the long hair with straight bangs, IMO.

I also looked up the Cookie magazine website, and they had two pics of her too.

Maybe we'll hear why in the coming days, but i'm in agreement with ssjockey...i bet it's related to the show.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 12:24pm
Good news, and very unexpected, I thought she'd keep it long for a while but she apparently missed it short. She can pull off long or short hair well, but I think looks much more distinctive with the pixie and has a great face for it, and I'm glad she returned to short.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 3:47pm
Wow - really suprised that she cut it after the big deal that was made of getting it long. 

She is one of those women who does not have classic beautie who just manages to look absolutely stynning and sexy. 
THis look is no exception.  She just nails the look and the cut is perfect for her.  The highlights are awesome as well.  She looks 10 years younger with a funky, hip style.

LOVE IT
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 3:59pm
     Dead Well, I see that I've been outvoted. As short haircuts go, Mariska's is a very attractive cut.  Actually, I think pixie cuts look best a little shorter than this. BUT..... I think that the cut is unflattering on *her*. Like Michelle Williams, I think she looks 5-10 years older now. MH has harder features which looked beautiful to me when she had hair length. But sorry, she is not "cute" pretty, and short hair makes her look CPA-like and BORING. 
     65% of voters disagree, but I thought she was hot with tresses, NOT with this head-hugger 'do. Best, Bob Confused
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 4:41pm

I'm surprised by the voters as well. I'm pretty depressed about the short hair.

I really liked Mariska when she had long hair during her "ER" days.

I really had no interest in her with short hair, although I assumed she wore it shorter to play the cop role in "Law and Order, SVU."

The longer it got, the more I liked her.

With Law and Order's ratings said to be struggling, I wonder how this new haircut will go over. I won't be watching. Too depressed, as I said.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 5:20pm
Yeah! Go Girl, Go Girl...Uh huh, Uh huh
If you couldn't tell, I like it!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 5:26pm
Seems she did it unwillingly for the show:

"Onto guest Mariska Hargitay, with a newly cropped 'do, who was there watching the picture: "I just cut my hair. My 'Law & Order' boss suddenly decided I should cut it. It was traumatic. I was terrified. I've saved the hair." It's in an envelope in my house."
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 5:51pm
     Shocked Holy smokes, Fat!!! I feel terribly for her. The long hair WAS very lovely on her. It is revolting that producers have forced her to endure this aging, radically short haircut. It's a crying shame! I guess that corporate women should look unisexual.  Yeah, right. Only if your purpose is to upset and drive away a large portion of your male viewers. Bob Angry

Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 6:00pm
I wonder why her bosses felt she should cut it. She's had it short before. Surprised it's traumatic. It's part of Hollywood. If you have short hair, they make you get extensions. They cut long hair. Actresses know this and will doing anything for a role.

I don't like either picture on the People website. I like the Wireimage photos. I've liked it long too.

Bob, she appears to picking up mail viewers from the opinions above.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 6:28pm
A little off topic, but you know, I hate to comment on any haircut or hair growth as "good news" or "bad news".  If the person looks better, yes it is good news, but as this is really a matter of personal taste, we really shouldn't say it's good or bad.  It is what it is. 

We CAN however express our like or dislike of the new style.  That's what this board is about.  Please excuse me, I just get a little annoyed when people say a haircut is "good" or "bad" news, without even knowing what the celebrity in question thinks or without knowing the reason behind the cut at all!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Seems she did it unwillingly for the show:

"Onto guest Mariska Hargitay, with a newly cropped 'do, who was there watching the picture: "I just cut my hair. My 'Law & Order' boss suddenly decided I should cut it. It was traumatic. I was terrified. I've saved the hair." It's in an envelope in my house."

Fat, Where exactly did you hear that?  From Kramer or from a real source?  Wink
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 6:39pm
Yes, it's areal source. I did a news search on Google and came up with it.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 7:12pm
I was looking maybe for a link...

Yes, the quote comes from that paragon of journalism...the NY Post Gossip Column (I'm sure NOTHING there is ever taken out of context):

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 7:23pm
Don't see why you have to be so doubtful and irritable about it SSJ. There is nothing new about celebs having their hair cut for movies or TV series: think of Lauren Holly for example.

Are you just miffed because it seems Marisa didn't actually want to go short? Remember you're the one who keeps repeating ad nauseam that every woman should choose for herself. In this case, it actually seems that Marisa didn't really want to cut her hair.

P.S. They are quotation marks around what Marisa said.

Edited by fatmoogas - May 02 2007 at 7:25pm
Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 7:30pm
Ugh... It seems almost cruel that they'd make her cut it after she grew it out for so long. Practically teasing her, you know?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2007 at 7:34pm
Totally awesome!!  I have always liked her with short hair.  This cut is my favorite.
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic