Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mariska Hargitay Pixied?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2007 at 1:28pm
I've worked in advertising for 19 years and I've never seen a company reshoot ads unless there is a problem with the film. Some advertisers will use photos that are five years old again and again as long as it looks current.

I have never heard that the point of advertising is "to give an up-to-date, modern and desirable slant on the product." The point of advertising is to sell the product. You create a carpet ad that will sell the most carpet/rugs.

Ms. Hartigay's choice of hairstyle has no impact on selling Karistan rugs. It doesn't change the product or the benefits they are tauting at all. Other than people on this board few people will look at the ad and say, "she doesn't look like that anymore." 1) it's how she looked in the last episode of "SVU" 2) A star's hairstyle change is irrelevant to most people that aren't on this board.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2007 at 2:09pm
I don't agree. Hairstyle is part of a star's image and, presumably, a part of the collection of attributes that makes the celebrity useful to sell the product. No doubt a butch hairdo wouldn't be so desirable to sell expensive, high society carpets as a soft and romantic style.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2007 at 3:04pm
I didn't say they would have used the new pics. Then again everyone has deadlines. But if we are talking something that is going to be out next month they have to have everything in it's place to be made. Now it is someting like New Yorker I belive they have even smaller window to put their mag together. Everthing has a deadline.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 10:30pm
Couldn't not post this picture from today as I think she looks great;

Mariska%20Hargitay%20Short%20Hairstyle
HAWG
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 9:50am
I can't help but wonder if her growing her hair out had something to do with her pregnancy.  the long hair gave you something else to focus on.  she did gain a lot of her weight in her face when she was pregnant, and it did show.  her hair sort of hide the look of the weight

when Mariska Hargitay said it was traumatic to cut her hair, maybe she was implying she had gotten used to it and it was just a matter of adjusting to a new look and feel

~short or long my husband and I are big fans of Mariska Hargitay.   she is beautiful and a great actess
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 2:48pm
There's an awful lot of speculation there Lickalime! I don't think either short or long hair can hide excessive weight.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2007 at 4:16pm
     It looks MUCH better than the original chop, but I just walked by the supermarket stand and saw her on the "O" cover. Whoever thought she should cut that youthful hair is either jealous or delirious. As Dr. Strangepork on the Muppets would say, "Good thinking Link!" LOL Bob
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2007 at 6:32pm
Guess she'll grow it out as soon as she quits the series.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2007 at 10:09pm
Or if the people running the show say hey maybe cutting it short wasn't a good thing. Let's grow it long again.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2007 at 8:38am
I normally tend to like shorter styles but I think in this case she looked better with long hair.

On the side issue - Actresses are not the only ones who turn over control of choosing their hairstyle with a contract. Some models, dancers, professional cheerleaders, etc have to do the same thing as part of their contracts. If it's not for you then look for a profession where you have more personal control or make it so big that you call the shots!

It's also a great observation that many of us choose more conservative style (I would prob have a band tattoo and earring) based on the expectations of our professions/employers... and it's tacit to our contracts!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 3:53pm
     I have no intention of rehashing Mariska's haircut, so read no further if you don't dig long hair.
     In an Aug. 10 Entertainment Weekly ad, Mariska is featured with her still flowing tresses. Page 66. It is the most beautiful photo I've ver seen of her, so if you're standing bored in a checkout line, give it a glance, or stare. LOL It'll  make you wonder afresh, but what's done is done! Cordially, Bob Smile

Edited by Bob S - August 06 2007 at 3:54pm
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 10:35pm
I hope we will see that pic soon. Thanks for the heads up Bob.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 10:56pm
Go to www.denimday.com and you can see it.
HAWG
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 10:58pm
Funny that she seems to be everywhere with long hair in spite of the cut months ago.

I'm not sure about this whole business of getting actresses to cut their hair either in front of the camera or for a particular role. It IS a gimmick. No actress should need to cut her hair unless she wants to. What's wrong with a wig? Remember Jennifer Lopez in "Enough"? Nicole Kidman in "Birth"? These were wigs, used when the actress didn't want to cut her hair (and in Nicole's case it was awesome). Is there anyone, for example, who thinks that Halle Berry's head shave in "Nappily Ever After" will be anything other than a publicity stunt? Or is she doing it for her art?
natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2007 at 10:00am
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

What's wrong with a wig? Remember Jennifer Lopez in "Enough"?

That wig was one horrible piece of rug. It ruined the entire movie.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2007 at 12:56pm
Very true and the movie was awful as well.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 3:35pm
     OK, so I saw the "Short Hair" magazine on the stands with newly-cropped Mariska's picture on it. My curiosity got the best of me, so I HAD to see how this proselytising circular assessed her obvious "makeunder". LOL Well, the best they could say about it was that it gave her "styling ease"!! Not exactly a thunderous endorsement, even from the place you'd most expect it.
     BTW, the article surmised that it must have been her new baby which prompted the change. They should do some homework before going to press! Confused Bob
      P.S. Enya, YOU are another I'd love to see with long tresses. Yeah, wake up, Bob!!! Confused

Edited by Bob S - August 10 2007 at 3:38pm
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 11:44pm
I loved her look at her wedding, like 3 years ago. Her hair was very short, but with flowers pinned in.... This look....Well, I love her too much to critizize!
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 11:47pm
LOOOOVE her with long hair, though it reminds me of her character on E.R., as in: extremely sweet & needy. So...I liked the long hair
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2007 at 11:49pm
Actually, I take it back, I like her short look. I just think the long was better.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic