Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mariska Hargitay Pixied?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 1:02pm
Shyanne I agree with you I like the longer hair also. HAWG I also like the link too bad it looked really good.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2007 at 1:28pm
So, Mariska is attending Fashion week.  And looks great.  However, IMHO, the late spring pixie mystery deepens.  Go to Getty Images (www.gettyimages.com), search for Mariska and the follow along with me.

Spin back to the pictures from April 9 (Skating With The Stars Under The Stars) and note the length.  Skip ahead to April 23 and notice that it's slightly shorter (just above shoulders).  Jump to May 1 and "boom" it's pixied because of "the producers' request". 

Keep looking at the pictures as the summer has progressed up to fashion week.  She hasn't cut it since the initial pixie.  It would have grown 2 inches between that cut and now and the most recent picture reflects two inches of growth.

So, i'm left with several questions, some of which were asked here before:

1) Why did she seem to be getting slightly shorter just before she went REALLY short?
2) Why did the producers ask her to cut her hair back to the pixie immediately after the TV season ended and well before filming of the new season started?  In fact, before the show was even definitely renewed?
3) And finally, if the producers were so vehement for her to cut her hair short again, why has she immediately started growing it back out?

Only thing I can figure was that she was contemplating it (going slightly shorter) but then it was a complete spur of the moment bad decision when she was at the salon.  From there, shhe got permission (or just decided) to blame it on the producers since she immediately regretted it (as she had been growing it out for at least a couple of years).  That's pretty much the only viable explanation I can come up with, 'cause nothing else seems to wash.

Doing his best Greg House impression,
JF

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 1:21am
I guess that could explain things.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 4:58am
What a great photo this is from September 6.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 5:24am
That seems quite plausible, JF.
jaw5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaw5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 9:39am
I wonder what she is going to do with the hair she saved
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by jaw5 jaw5 wrote:

I wonder what she is going to do with the hair she saved

Among other materials, birds can use strands to line their nests.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 9:14pm
LOL. Good one Dave. So if JF is right. She just hates the short cut. Blames it on the show. And with that new pic looks like she is regrowing it out. I guess it shows that people do make bad calls.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2007 at 11:39am
      The hair is looking much improved now. Not hot yet, but attractive definitely. Smile
     Thanks for the chronology, JF. I still think it's possible that her hair has been growing back b/c of the intensely negative response from many of her fans. If the producers *were* responsible for the hair-whacking, they surely know now that they blew it! Interestingly, she appears on the Sept. Glamour cover as an example of how sexy one's 40's can be, and voila (!), they chose a PRE-cut photo! What a shock! lol Cordially, Bob

Edited by Bob S - September 10 2007 at 11:41am
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2007 at 3:20pm
Wouldn't that be a switch that wanting someone to have long hair would grow it back out.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2007 at 12:59am
I guess shorthair lovers were in heaven over the way Mariska Hargitay looked at Sunday night's Emmy Awards show. As for me, I couldn't have been much more disappointed. Cripe, I miss her long hair.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2007 at 12:10pm
Did seem a bit flat and lifeless compared to other more recent outings. Looked like she'd had a trim too--so not much hope of an immediate grow out.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2007 at 1:17pm
     I think that only the back and sides were cut. Maybe she still *is* growing it, but it had been growing out beautifully, so if so, lopping these couple inches was pointless. Even my oldest DD, who likes shorter cuts, conceded that her initial haircut looked terrible. Best, Bob Big%20smile
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2007 at 1:59pm
You make the point beautifully Bob. Why would she lop those inches off if she was growing it out?
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2008 at 5:29pm
Who has more fun than people?
LexLuv101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LexLuv101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2008 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

Dead Well, I see that I've been outvoted. As short haircuts go, Mariska's is a very attractive cut.  Actually, I think pixie cuts look best a little shorter than this. BUT..... I think that the cut is unflattering on *her*. Like Michelle Williams, I think she looks 5-10 years older now. MH has harder features which looked beautiful to me when she had hair length. But sorry, she is not "cute" pretty, and short hair makes her look CPA-like and BORING. 
     65% of voters disagree, but I thought she was hot with tresses, NOT with this head-hugger 'do. Best, Bob Confused

Glad someone else agrees with me. My mom and I were having this same discussion the other day while watching Law N' Order. It just makes her too harsh appearing.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 8:26pm
Seems a little longer.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2008 at 12:10am
Great news. I hope she is on the grow out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic