Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mariska Hargitay Pixied?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 3:03pm
I think that she looks lovely with either hair cut but if its gotta be short it should be a shorter pixie. I have to agree with previous poster that the long hair is my fav look for her it really softened her face and made her look more feminine
Hair album
pw:Romeo
HopeB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HopeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2007 at 12:29am
There were some recent photos of her, her husband & their adorable baby at an NYC street fair. Her hair looked much cuter there than in the Wireimage photos:

I think it's very flattering on her. I may cut my hair this way, I like it so much!
trekgod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trekgod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2007 at 2:54pm
That picture you suggested makes me scared to talk to her if I ever met her. Yikes.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2007 at 3:28pm
I think it looks adorable and my wife does have her hair cut that way - sexy!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2007 at 6:23pm
I'm with trekgod on this.  There are some short haircuts which can be flattering on some, but this cut is fugly.
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2007 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Seems she did it unwillingly for the show:

"Onto guest Mariska Hargitay, with a newly cropped 'do, who was there watching the picture: "I just cut my hair. My 'Law & Order' boss suddenly decided I should cut it. It was traumatic. I was terrified. I've saved the hair." It's in an envelope in my house."

I watched the season finale last night and she still had long hair. So Mariska got the cut AFTER shooting for the season wrapped. She got the cut at the end of April, but won't be filming the show again until July. If this cut was requested by Dick Wolf, the timing is odd. Why not just wait until then to cut it?
Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2007 at 11:08pm
I think maybe they've already started filming part of the next season?  I would hope that is the case and they are working it into the plot, otherwise it's a little silly. 
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 1:24am
Oprah Magazine photographed Mariska with long hair. On news stands everywhere.

HopeB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HopeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 2:00am
 The photoshop on that cover is terrible! Why do they do that?!  Her body proportions look really odd---her elbows are positioned to be wider than her waist, and have these weird "crisp" edges that only Photoshop can provide...it would appear that in trying to make her look super-skinny, they succeeded in making her look like a "bobble head" type! And she has a great body---I remember seeing a photo of her in a bathing suit and being totally envious of how tall, athletic and beautifully well-proportioned she looked.  She looks like Aphrodite of Knidos--and naturally, they try to "Nicole Richie" her! Typical Hollywood ridiculousness.

Edited by HopeB - June 05 2007 at 2:11am
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 5:38am
Hair looks great.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 10:33am

The hair in the picture may look great, but her face was definately photoshopped onto whoever's body that is.  She looks unnatural.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 2:34pm
I don't know I guess I can't see it. The hair looks great. I guess that to me matters.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 10:36am
     LOL We are strange ones, Mike. That's all I noticed too! If all guys were like us, they'd leave the bodies alone and photoshop long hair onto all the ladies! Of course, with Mariska's striking locks in this photo, no alteration would have been necessary! Blessings, Bob
      P.S. Do you think it was an easy call for the Oprah people to nix the idea of a re-shoot of her with her pixie chop before the issue hit the stands?  I think they had plenty of time to incorporate the (unfortunate) change, had they so desired. Confused
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2007 at 8:20pm
It seems odd, but MH is pushing ahead as if she never had that haircut. Recently she was featured on the cover of a magazine (Empire?) with long hair--and now she's doing a series of ads for Karastan carpets with long hair.

http://www.hometextilestoday.com/article/CA6450404.html

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2007 at 7:48am
I think they had plenty of time to incorporate the (unfortunate) change, had they so desired.
Maybe they didn't like the short hair and kept the long hair look. I know there was another model that had long hair she was going to do the ad but she also cut off her long hair the people that wanted the ad done were mad. I think you have to go bask into this board but I know it is on this board. I think the was a law suit also.

Fat thanks again for that link I still think the longer hair works for her better. Oh well.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2007 at 9:37am
Couldn't the explanation be as simple as they took the photos before the haircut?

Just curious Fatmoo: How in the world did you stumble upon that link?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2007 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Couldn't the explanation be as simple as they took the photos before the haircut?

Just curious Fatmoo: How in the world did you stumble upon that link?

You coild be correct Kramer, they do tend to take cover pics for magazines many weeks before the issue goes to press, but I still say that her eyes look too big for her face in that picture. 

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2007 at 10:47am
Well, as Mike said there was time to incorporate the change had they wanted to do so. It's highly unusual for someone who had a haircut months ago to still be portrayed with long hair.
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2007 at 2:12pm
No, it isn't. All of these photos were taken before she cut her hair. Magazine covers and ads are shot months, not weeks, in advance. For a June issue, monthly magazines require ads and editorial to be finished by around March 20.

There's no reason to go to the time and money of an expensive photo shoot because the actress changed her hair. Unless she's doing a hair product, her current hairstyle is irrelevant to advertisers. Unless they are mentioning her new haircut, it's irrelevant to magazine editors.

Mike46019, there was a model about five or six years ago who had her hair cut for a job doing a photo shoot and a company that had a contract with her decided they didn't like the haircut and wanted to terminate the contract for breach.

Anyone who has an appearance clause in their contract might anger their employer by cutting their hair, getting a tattoo, or gaining weight. Mariska cut her hair at the request of her employer. So the circomestances are the opposite.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2007 at 4:00pm
I still say its unethical. A "celebrity" is hired to promote a product--and the way that celebrity looks is thought to be a factor in convincing people to buy the product. Usually, if a celeb has a drastic makeover with reasonable cause there will be a reshoot. Rarely (as perhaps here) the company will prefer to go with the original photos rather than pull the plug on the whole deal.

Oh yes: and the whole point of advertising is to give an up-to-date, modern and desirable slant on the product. That's all undermined if people are thinking while looking at the new ads: "Hey, these photos must have been taken months ago. She doesn't look like that anymore!" (which would also have the effect of taking the mind off the product.)

Edited by fatmoogas - June 12 2007 at 4:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic