Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kiran Chetry (CNN)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2009 at 7:59am
she looks great and Heidi I just love!
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2009 at 1:56pm
I really think she would look better without that middle part.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2009 at 9:52pm
Gawd, the @!$^$#% center part again. If you've not seen her "without the mdidle part," how can you say she "would look better." Please, let it go!

I saw Kiran today. Her hair was parted on the side. It didn't make one bit of !*&^%$^! difference.

I say she looked better -- sexier -- with her hair parted down the middle.

I ask again: Why oh why is a side part better than a center part? No one can give me an acceptable answer. So give it a rest.

It all comes down to personal preference.

Thanks to this post, you can now say you've seen Kiran with a non-center part. You're welcome.

Who has more fun than people?
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2009 at 10:09pm
A little touchy there Kramer.
Yes, it is a preference - like when you have a preference (and state) that longer hair looks better on someone.
MMMmmm, seems like a double standard to me.
Oh by the way - it does look better on the side!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2009 at 12:55am
No double standard. I explained long ago why I adore long hair. Multiple times, in fact.

Yet NO ONE has ever given a plausible excuse for hating center parts. In your case, you assume she would look better without reviewing the evidence. Someone else came on here and apologized once for not having a good reason to hate center parts.

Center part, center part, center part... blah blah blah. It gets old. So you're darn right I'm touchy.
Who has more fun than people?
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2009 at 5:27pm
I have explained (about center parts) in a post (that you were part of) awhile ago.  Of course you use the word plausible (plausible to me but maybe not to you).  Now for the part about reviewing the evidence.  I have....try the following link (from when she was with fox) 
http://www.cameroncole.com/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=News_Babes/Fox_News/Kiran_Chetry&image=200805240016.jpg&img=16&tt=
Ok, while I don't always agree with your thoughts, I do respect you as an valuable member to this board.  So I will throw out an olive branch and agree that Kiran looks better with longer hair (even though I am a short hair lover)   Peace Out!

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2009 at 12:41pm
Hi Kramer,

I'm not anti-center part by any stretch (e.g., Carol Costello and Sheryl Crow look better with center parts).  However, Kiran's always looks weird.  90% of the time her hair goes straight out (i.e., perpendicular to vertical) from the part, giving her an odd "flat top" look.  As in Dick Tracy villain Flattop and not the buzzcut kind.  Every once in a while she gets some volume to it and it works, but most of the time it's in that weird in between where it neither has volume nor follows the contour of her head. 

Because of that, IMHO, side parts work better for her because she either has a bit of a sweeping bang, or, if nothing else, you don't have the same "flat top" effect.  I've often wondered if it's a styling problem or the texture of her hair results in that effect when trying to get the center part to work.

That said, Kiran is very attractive and I'm liking the longer hair.  She just needs help on the right way to do the center part, or someone needs to encourage her to part it on the side.

Does that help?

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2009 at 9:15pm
Love the flattop analogy Flea.
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic