Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kiran Chetry (CNN)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kiran Chetry (CNN)
    Posted: May 03 2007 at 5:29am
Continuing with hair changes at CNN...Kiran went with the standard chin length bob (following Heidi Collins) into the standard TV newscaster mold.
While I always thought Kiran's hair was her worst feature, I'm not sure this helps.  It isn't bad, maybe better - would of preferred something a little edgier or modern.

Sorry, no pics but I'm sure someone with tech knowledge will soon post.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 8:17am
Unbelievable. When I watched Kiran on CNN yesterday morning, I thought, wow, she's wearing her hair straight. It looks great. And now this news.

While I agree that Kiran's seems to have been a challenge for her at times, I'm curious why you think it was her worst feature. What were her best features? I also looked for pics. Nothing new yet.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 9:35am
I don't think her hair was always so bad... just more like in the sea of great hair around her, hers looks pretty regular.. if that makes sense?

That being said I have not seen her new look.. but I can not imagine it looks good.
Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 5:42pm
I wasn't too familiar with Kiran although I believe that she has taken over for Soledad O'Brien as the morning anchor for CNN, right?  I was familiar enough to know what her basic style was so when I saw this header I went out on the web looking for pictures.  And I was really surprised to see what a chop job they had done on her.  This was a major change.  It's one of those deals where her hair was long enough to look like long hair before and now it's just short enough to look like short hair, especially compared to where it was.  I'm not sure if that makes any sense but it's a major change.  She probably cut 4-5 inches off but her hair was at a length where that amount difference makes for the most signficant changes. 

Here are some pictures of the before:

And then here is the new look:

From a distance it's not terrible but the up close look is not so good.  I don't like it much at all.  I'm sure the change has to do with her promotion don't you think?  Was anything said about it?  It's too big a change to go unmentioned I would think. 
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 7:06pm
Well that's a major bummer. A flat, lifeless bob that doesn't seem to suit her or add anything interesting to her look, and they took away enough length that I suspect it's greatly reduced her ability to change it day to day. All this just a week and change AFTER she started her CNN morning gig. What's the point? Who thought this was a good idea?

My favorite Kieran style (not surprisingly) is when she was a local morning anchor, in Detroit I think, and her stylist curled it one day. Here's a link to a video clip on Google featuring her co-host telling her the viewers love it, and her primping it a bit.:

URL=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4078874216157993874&q=curly+hair

What a bummer to see what it has been, what it could've been again, and what it is instead....
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
glove20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glove20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 7:20pm
so, so, so much better...she's had the same boring hair for so long now, I like the change and who knows what else she might try now that she's gone shorter.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 7:43pm
Can't say that it seems like a "major" change to me--somewhat shorter. She could soon grow it out if she wanted to.
Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 8:07pm
I do agree that it's at a length where if she decides to grow it back out, it won't take all that long for it get back to a length where she can do a lot of the things she has done before.  That was kind of my point above.....however at present she does look a lot different. 

I also agree that it's weird for her to make a major change after the big move.  You'd think if she was going to go short that she would have done the cut before she started at CNN. 
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 9:42pm
Ok why did she leave Fox? Curlyfan thanks for the link she looked great. Thanks again.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2007 at 9:50pm
To me, this is one of those cases that if she didn't look so funny with the new hair, I might cry. OMG, what a downgrade. The new 'do makes her look like a goof, at least in still pix. Before today, I clicked back and forth between Kiran on CNN and Robin Meade CNN Headline News. Now it's Robin and Company all the way, even on Robin's days off. Happy scrolling.

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2007 at 7:20pm
If she'd angle the part from the corner to her crown I think it would look much better.
HAWG
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2007 at 8:41am

What do you make of this?

The other day:

This morning:

http://www.gogomag.com/cgi-bin/tvheads_viewer.pl?tvheads211857&211857&Kiran

As I stated a few months ago, I really like Kiran with long straight hair. But can all of this be her own?
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2007 at 8:51am
I saw that too, and I'm a bit flummoxed. The only possible explanation I have for the seemingly-overnight growth is extensions, but why put in extensions that are only a few inches long? (Of course, I'm pretty sure a CNN anchorwoman wearing extensions at all is one of the signs of the apocalypse, but I'll leave that for some other discussion board.)

It's also odd because, even though I didn't like the bob initially, she'd been styling it really nicely of late, lots of volume and flips and curls and things, so I thought she was enjoying it. Could she really have gone to such lengths (pun intended) to trade that nice style for something so flat, and so, um, flat?

Even more oddly, in the "this morning" pic she reminds me of Soledad O'Brien, her predecessor....
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2007 at 9:42am
You know it was very thick and bouffant...maybe with the right attention it could be made into the second pic...doubt they are extensions.
glove20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glove20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2007 at 10:55am
Saw that on her today and it looked ok, at least something different I guess.  I still think she looked really good with the short bob she went with a few months ago, it was a good change for her and wasn't so run of the mill.  Let's hope she's bored and is looking for another change.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2007 at 5:39pm
I don't think they're extensions either but it sure does look a whole lot better.
HAWG
Ben C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2007 at 9:30pm
Got to be extensions, this photo is from earlier this week I believe:

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2007 at 2:27am
I don't agree: that's almost how it's been for ages.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2007 at 12:09am

Kiran Chetry's hair has been "extended" even longer. I know some of the links above aren't working any more, but last week she looked like this:

This week, she looks like this:

This is unusual for a news babe, isn't it? I've believed Robin Meade's been "injecting" extensions for months now and Rudi Bahktiar looked amazing when her hair was longer, but neither of them appear as obvious as Kiran. Not that I'm complaining a single bit.

Mad Gasser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Gasser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2007 at 1:27am
I can't believe she's Nepalese.

I guess CNN hires you if you look European but have an exotic name....Rudi Baktiar don't look Iranian...no she don't!

(I'm Turkish/Iranian on my fathers side and Porteguese/Irish on my Moms)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic