Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Something to think of

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Something to think of
    Posted: May 10 2007 at 12:55am
I thought I would start a thread that would add beauty and peace for people and hopefully others will have ideas to add to this thread. I decided to add this to the hair politics because I have debated the hair topic to no ends. lol
Everyday I make a point of sharing a smile with someone I don't know because everyone has problems and crisis and a smile can really bring peace at that moment.
I will share something that I read lately as it really touch me and I truely feel this way because I have no hair because of the chemo, and I don't recognize myself and at times really feel lost because of it and other times I'm thankfull for being a tiny bit wiser because of my situation.

If you've ever been alone in a strange place, you're bound to know how wonderful it is to have someone made you feel welcome. Many people have the knack for being at home in whatever place they find themselves. and in this gift they find no loneliness to tug at them, but more often than not most of us feel like strangers.  And in doing so we set ourselves apart, or make it sometimes questionable as to the wisdom of asking us into a friendly circle.

A friendly face and a friendly voice can make the most timid souls feel welcome. It can make them feel at home. For the midst of many there is loneness. Perhaps it is because of feigned look of self-sufficiency make someone question our need for help.
Many a door has opened, and many a sound friendship won when someone said,"We're glad to have you...." The very admosphere can be  charged with concerns when we see others who cannot find their way.

Edited by dianefromcanada - May 10 2007 at 1:16pm
dianefromcanada
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2007 at 12:30pm
AMEN
HAWG
Jenny-B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny-B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2007 at 2:04pm
Wow.  That really puts things in perspective.  Sometimes it takes the bad things in life to make us really appreciate the things that matter. 

Diane, you are a courageous woman.  I hope you'll be able to feel at home wherever you are, but you should certainly feel at home here. 
Jenny B.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic