Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need WAVY HAIR How-To answer please:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
luvsmatchbox20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsmatchbox20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need WAVY HAIR How-To answer please:
    Posted: May 11 2007 at 10:03pm

Hi,

I have stick thin and straight hair, but once in a while I would like to have waves around my face like the ones in this collage:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/vampirekitty/wavyhaircollage.jpg?t=1178916165

I have big and regular hair rollers, hair wax, and pantene hair spray.  Just not sure how to use them to get the look I want.  Any suggestions would be helpful because I am hair clueless! 

Thanks for reading my message!
LexLuv101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LexLuv101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2008 at 1:26pm
A few suggestions.

The one that works the best for me is:

At night before bed take your hair (dry and brushed), put into a high ponytail on the top of the head. Don't make it tight, but don't have it so loose it will fall out. Having it high up there means it won't get in your way during sleep, unless you sleep on your back, and in that case make sure it's really high on the head. Also it seems to promote more body through the night.

With your fingers separate sections of the hair and spray with a spritz bottle a bit of water. You want the hair damp so it will hold, but not wet, or it may not dry. Twist over a flexible roller. I use the cheap, long, gold ones from walmart or walgreens for best results. They're not roller-rollers per se and are quite comfortable without worrying about clips. Sometimes I twist the strand and then roll it for extra oomph. Proceed to doing this for the rest of the strands in the ponytail.

When done, you can leave as is. I put a large fabric headband around mine as someone would a scrunchie, to help better secure the curls and make it look less unsightly. It's actually a cute look, rather than rollers all over the place, and it goes very fast to curl your hair this way rather than the whole head.

In the morning I unravel and have large curls that soften before I set them to get the look you're looking for. It works very, very well for me but your mileage may vary.

There is also the bun curl where people put a scrunchie in damp hair a certain way and sleep with it during the night. You should be able to find these directions at the LHC or Google.

As for waxes and pomades, I have no idea as I don't use that stuff, but good luck to finding the right technique for you!
luvsmatchbox20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvsmatchbox20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 6:21pm
Thanks for the suggestions!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic