FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WHAT HAPPENED TO BRUSHIN AND WOLFING?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHAT HAPPENED TO BRUSHIN AND WOLFING?!?
    Posted: May 16 2007 at 9:56pm
Whatever happened to the good ole days when we used to just recommend brushing to newbies and brush til we couldn't take it anymore?? When i first joined this site there weren't as many post about products as there are now. People are startin to stress products more than brushin and i wanna stop ya'll b4 we go any further and 4get the basics. Remember "products are just complimentary." I even read today that "a vet" on here only brushes each side of their head 20 times a day. What's going on people get on ya grind!

Now I can't lie...I got caught up in the hype too and started buyin all of these products and I find it sad that i have more products under my sink than than any female on my block. All we need are 2 brushes (soft & medium), a moisturizer (cc, pink lotion, motions, indian hemp, whatever), a durag and lets jam if you're wolfin.

That brings me to another point. why do we consider anything under 7 weeks wolfing?? We all needa suck it up and do what we gotta do for progress. You think that blacks had it easy durin the civil rights movement when they were boycotting the buses?? NO. But they did what they had to do to see progress. WOW. let me take a breather. Did i just compare wolfin to the civil rights movement?? Forgive me...i just got caught up in the moment. lol 

But i know that we won't look our best during wolfing but its all for the better. You're not gonna see any drastic changes if you keep "wolfin" for 4-6 weeks. If i'm steppin on anyone's toes...oh well. If you feel offended then you're obviously doing something wrong!

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
Davo View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2007 at 10:06pm
Don't worry Cash. I've been using CC since January. Now that my hair is getting longer, I'm switching it up to Doo Gro. Think about Cash, the majority of people who are trying to get waves are using all these new products.

HAVE NO FEAR, DAVO IS HERE! Cool

Edited by Davo - May 16 2007 at 10:15pm
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2007 at 10:16pm

ok. since my hair's longer i mix cc with water

S.C. King View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.C. King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2007 at 10:22pm
dang cahs you right now that i thikn bout it...i been trying all these products instead of brushing!!! but my wolfing only goes for 4 to 3 weeks and i brush alot during those times!!!
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2007 at 10:30pm
I know that you probably brush a lot durin those 3 weeks but come on man...only 3 weeks?? if you want the rest of your sides to be nice as your top you need start going for at least 7 weeks!

Sleepy B View Drop Down

360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2007 at 10:32pm
I'm tryin 2 go for 8 weeks this time
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2007 at 11:12pm
It depends on your hair texture, like for me 4-6weeks I get a lot of progress from that. Products are complimentary but at the same time unnecessary. You can wave with just water, a brush, and time. But to answer the topic, for me heat humidity happened, but im still JIM JONES'N it straiight uggo phase.

When I first came on I was hype about gettin my waves up but also got frustrated. Thats what happened lots of dudes got frustrated, I dont know how dudes would lose motivation when we bless them with pics. Another example for those that didn't know or didn't bother to look JQRS uses CC only and brushes constantly. Cash uses *I think* CC and that old school pomade still brushes constantly. I use Hemp + Ice Pomade and I brush a minimum of 2hours a day.

"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2007 at 11:31pm
I don't use that old pomade anymore. i'm just usin cc and i'm startin to brush at least 3-4 hrs a day. And yea i know that you get progress from 4-6 weeks Supa (i've seen the pics) but its A LOT BETTER when you wolf longer like you're doin now. you won't be able to leave the mirror after u get ur cut!

JaySole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaySole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2007 at 11:51pm
Also depends on how fast your hair grows. My hair grows fast thats why im getting my hair cut this friday= 7 weeks wolfin
Personal Record: 6-0!
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 7:50am
Originally posted by JaySole JaySole wrote:

Also depends on how fast your hair grows. 

True.
DUB-C
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 1:09pm
yea, the rate of hair growth is a factor but it you really wanna see great results you can at least rough it out and go for 7 weeks. Then at that 7 weeks get a light trim (though i prefer just goin at it without one) and go for 2-3 more weeks. Remember...its all about the amount of time that you get to put into brushing while you're wolfin. So yea, if your hair grows fast you'll obviously have less time to brush but if you want to see optimum improvement keep going. and when you feel that you can't take it anymore just go in 4 that trim. 
I'm just tired of people sayin that "i'm on week 3 and can't take it anymore." or "i just finished wolfin for 5 weeks." 5 weeks isn't wolfin,that's just growin ur hair out.

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by King Cash King Cash wrote:

yea, the rate of hair growth is a factor but it you really wanna see great results you can at least rough it out and go for 7 weeks. Then at that 7 weeks get a light trim (though i prefer just goin at it without one) and go for 2-3 more weeks. Remember...its all about the amount of time that you get to put into brushing while you're wolfin. So yea, if your hair grows fast you'll obviously have less time to brush but if you want to see optimum improvement keep going. and when you feel that you can't take it anymore just go in 4 that trim. 
I'm just tired of people sayin that "i'm on week 3 and can't take it anymore." or "i just finished wolfin for 5 weeks." 5 weeks isn't wolfin,that's just growin ur hair out.

I don't know about that.  You shouldn't base wolfin on a time table only.  Some people's hair grows substantially faster than others.  For example, if person A has a 50 percent faster hair growth rate than person B, than wolfin 9 weeks for person B is equivalant to wolfin 6 weeks for person A.
The formula for optimal wolfin is based on your hair growth rate, first, and your time table, second.
DUB-C
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by wave connection wave connection wrote:

I don't know about that.  You shouldn't base wolfin on a time table only.  Some people's hair grows substantially faster than others.  For example, if person A has a 50 percent faster hair growth rate than person B, than wolfin 9 weeks for person B is equivalant to wolfin 6 weeks for person A.
The formula for optimal wolfin is based on your hair growth rate, first, and your time table, second.

Ehhhh. Not sure that i agree with that. The reason that wolfin works is because we're brushing a lot and growing our hair out. And when we brush, that's pulling our hair in an orderly formation then releasing it causin our hair to curl (kinda like when you pull a ribbon with scissors. The longer the ribbon is, the more that it'll curl if you pull on it enough. Idk if you've ever done that b4). And we all know that waves are just layed down curls.     

So if person A has a 50 percent faster hair growth rate than person B, then wolfin 9 weeks for person B wouldn't be equivalant to wolfin 6 weeks for person A because person A isn't getting to brush as much as person B (who would have the advantage).

Let me know what the rest of you think

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 2:52pm

So if person A has a 50 percent faster hair growth rate than person B, then wolfin 9 weeks for person B wouldn't be equivalant to wolfin 6 weeks for person A because person A isn't getting to brush as much as person B (who would have the advantage). 

That is not necessarily true.  Without getting to technical, if person B's hair is growing slower than person A's, then person B will have less brush time than person A, 9 versus 6 weeks.  But this factor is negated by the fact that the person with slower growing hair has the ability to concentrate his brushing action on hair that isn't, relatively speaking, moving as fast.  This gives him the advantage of more concentrated brushing.

To be more clear, if your hair grows slower, you should wave faster than someone else whose hair grows faster.  This is because brushing on the slower growing hair means that your brushing on the same hair longer than the faster growing hair example.  Thus, all other factors equal, the slow hair grower will have a faster wave training process than the latter. 

Edited by wave connection - May 17 2007 at 3:01pm
DUB-C
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 3:09pm
I'm kinda confused^ (too many commas) lol. But i think you ended up agreein with me. (not sure tho).

Tru Texan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tru Texan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 3:35pm
Not to chime in b/c I don't know nearly as much as ya'll. But if I were gonna take an educated guess, I'd say the slower ur hair grows, the easier it is to wave... In my opinion, its easier b/c it stays at a certain state/length longer, which means while ur brushin (training) ur hair, it isn't change therefore it adjusts.better.  So basically ur brushing ur hair at a certain state longer ya dig?
Davo View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 3:43pm
Man, I hate word problems. I think that everyone should just wolf until you really get waves formed all over. Then wolf for 1 or 2 more weeks. Then get a cut. That's how I do it. 
Gvyll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gvyll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 3:48pm
cash 7 weeks is only ur opinion cause ur wavs r deep some people maybe only go for 5 weeks or so
<a href="http://imageshack.us">
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Tru Texan Tru Texan wrote:

I'd say the slower ur hair grows, the easier it is to wave... In my opinion, its easier b/c it stays at a certain state/length longer, which means while ur brushin (training) ur hair, it isn't change therefore it adjusts.better.  So basically ur brushing ur hair at a certain state longer ya dig?

That's exactly what i was saying.

But to Gyvll, back when i didn't have deep waves i would wolf for long periods of time. I guess i have an advantage cuz my hair grows slower than most. but even if ur ur hair grows fast do what Davo said^^^^ but instead of cuttin it get a trim and keep wolfin

Shockwave View Drop Down

360 Veteran/Most Improved Playa '07

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shockwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 4:13pm

That brings me to another point. why do we consider anything under 7 weeks wolfing?? We all needa suck it up and do what we gotta do for progress. You think that blacks had it easy durin the civil rights movement when they were boycotting the buses?? NO. But they did what they had to do to see progress. WOW. let me take a breather. Did i just compare wolfin to the civil rights movement?? Forgive me...i just got caught up in the moment. lol 

But i know that we won't look our best during wolfing but its all for the better. You're not gonna see any drastic changes if you keep "wolfin" for 4-6 weeks. If i'm steppin on anyone's toes...oh well. If you feel offended then you're obviously doing something wrong!

HEY HEY HEY be careful with your words cash i'm a 4 week wolfist but i have to admit my hair grows at twice the regular speed(So in theory cash is right) I feel offended and i'm not doing Spit wrong. But me and cash came up at about te same era so i have to back him on on this.
Aka Doc Shock
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic