Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

relaxing curly hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kelgri24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelgri24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: relaxing curly hair
    Posted: May 24 2007 at 9:24pm
I am caucasion and have naturally curly hair. I've had japanese straightening done in the past. I did not like the results because it left my hair too flat and straight. I like a more natural look. I do like my curls, but I would like to find a product or treatment that loosens and de-frizzes the curls. Does anyone know of anything good? I've done my share of research on the net but I just end up finding more info on the japanese straightening. I would be forever grateful if someone could recommend a solution for me. I live in NY and it gets very humid here in the summer and my hair gets out of control with frizz.

I looked at the Phytospecific line of hair care products, but it seems to be for ethnic/ african american hair only.

carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2007 at 10:54am

Phytospecific is used by all races and hair types with a history of documented success.  With any chemical product it is important to research it completely. 

To read some of the reviews from users of the Phytospecific Relaxer products visit:

and

The reviews posted are not in any way edited or altered by the site and offer some good insight to the products.

Keep in mind that relaxers usually only RELAX the curls and that they do not straighten like TR treatments.  The PhytoRelaxer product works very well for Type 2 and many of the Type 3 curl patterns. 

Phytospecific 1 works for very fragile hair.

The beauty of Phytospecific is that it offers a very good alternative to Japanese Straightening and has a very long history of users and results. 
Curly Carrie
Check Out CurlTalk at HairBoutique.com
kelgri24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelgri24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2007 at 8:24pm
Thanks Carrie,

I really appreciate the response. I'm seriously considering giving the phytospecific relaxer and products a try.

a couple of questions:

My naturally curly hair is on the soft, thin side it is not really course... so the index 1 level should be okay, right? Also, my hair is colored... is this okay?
What phytospecific products do you recommend besides the relaxer?

Thank you, you've helped tremendously.

carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by kelgri24 kelgri24 wrote:

Thanks Carrie,

I really appreciate the response. I'm seriously considering giving the phytospecific relaxer and products a try.

a couple of questions:

My naturally curly hair is on the soft, thin side it is not really course... so the index 1 level should be okay, right? Also, my hair is colored... is this okay?
What phytospecific products do you recommend besides the relaxer?

Thank you, you've helped tremendously.

Hi,

The bad news is that Phyto strongly recommends NOT using either of their two relaxers on hair that is already chemically processed in any way whether from color or chemicals (perms, TR or relaxers).  The danger is extreme breakage.

You could use it on your root regrowth ONLY but if your hair is already straightened and you are having the crazy root regrowth problems, it will relax the curls growing in but not completely straighten them.

And yes, if you hair was not previously colored, you could use Index #1 although the results would not be as strong as with Index #2.  Some users start with Index #1 and if they want a stronger relaxed look, they progress to #2.

However, in your case I would NOT recommend applying it to your colored hair.

My favorite Phytospecific product is the Intense Nutrition Mask.  http://mp.hairboutique.com/product.asp?ProdID=100858&CtgID=

I also use the Cream Bath for deeper conditioning.

I mix and match my shampoo and conditioning products and am willing to try lots of things but I really enjoy the Phyto line.  I also use some of the Rene Furterer Fioravanti which is a great leave-in.
Curly Carrie
Check Out CurlTalk at HairBoutique.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic