Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Updated pics---Wolfing and having PROBLEMS!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tru Texan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tru Texan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updated pics---Wolfing and having PROBLEMS!!!
    Posted: May 25 2007 at 1:18pm

I don't know what it is, but this week my hair has been looking worse than ever. All week Ive been trying to use anything except pomade, but when I take my cap off it just looks like matted up mess. Pomade lays it down good before but I tried going w/o it this week.  Then I left my new brush at my girls house (4hrs away) it was the hard annie....So i've been using the hard side of the annie 2071 double sided, but it doesn't seem to do the same. Maybe its the way the bristles are(b/c to me they don't seem to be as neatly separated and aligned like the single sided one) but it just doesn't seem to do my hair right...I think I'm gonna get a cut today. I can't take it! It doesn't look like I have waves at all!!!!!!And all of this b/c I wanted waves down to my neckline...DAMMIT BOY!!!!!  Let me show u:

This is how it looks after I washed it, and brushed it til dry w/Olive Creme...Again, brushing it with the hard side of the double sided brush doesn't seem to be doing ANYTHING compared to the other brush...

So then of course I want to smooth it out w/a softee, but like I told ya'll before, the softee makes all of my hair curl up on the ends. ITs like the hair curls backwards. So what I'll do is I'll just brush it maybe two strokes a side with a softee to smooth the waves out. ANything more than 2-3 strokes will have my hair looking like a scurl or something....(oh, notice how in the pics above  my hair looks one way,but as soon as I use the softee it looks like I have bald spots..thats b/c the waves are curling up so far u can see my scalp...and thats w/o Jam, pomade, or anything..thats just after brushing w/olive creme and brushing until my hair is pretty dry):

So then I put a wave cap on for about 45 mins, just to show ya'll how it looks laid down...The following two pics are w/o jam and right after my  2 stroke softee brushing...

See! U can only see about 2 waves! WHERE DID MY WAVES GO!!! So then I say, ok, let me damnpen it about and brush w/some Jam and let it chill for the night.....Well, when I wake up it looks like this

Not much better IMO. So its taking everything I got not to cut it b/c I swear it looks like Im either losing waves or breaking up the few connections I had. So I'm either gonna go and buy another brush (like the one I left at my chicks) and brush the hell out of my hair all day w/the pomade in it or go and cut it off....What do ya'll think?

Edited by Tru Texan - May 25 2007 at 1:23pm
dutchmasterz04 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchmasterz04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 1:23pm
I dont see the prob with the last 3 pics. After awhile you cant see the waves anymore thats just how it is for awhile.
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 1:31pm
you might have to buy another hard brush, give it another week, this is what works when for me when I feel like gettin a cut: I wash my hair thorouhly (leave conditioner in there for awhile) and brush that sh*t down. To me it looks like you just need a better brush thats all.
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
chrisdog212 View Drop Down
HB ALLSTAR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisdog212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 1:34pm
try to tought it out for  just a little bit longer fam
brush it with the hard brush
and try the h20 method with a hard brush
and see if that helps

and btw
i just thought about it
do what supa said about condition you rhair for a while then brushing it down
never thought about that
niceeeeee supa

Edited by chrisdog212 - May 25 2007 at 1:45pm

[IMG]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2333/picture063jq1.jpg" />
BIG- View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 1:41pm
i wud cut dat sh!t. .dats just me.. i cant do dat wolfinin mess
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 1:44pm
ummmm. I know this might be a suprise coming out of my mouth but i think you should end your wolfing session and get a cut. The reason that i say this is because i don't want you to reach your break point (its in "Wave..."). You may lose connects and some waves. I don't think you've reached that point yet but if i were you i'd get a cut 2day! Others may tell ya otherwise so its up to u.

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
Meji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 1:50pm
Thats what I was gonna say, it's time son.

Nice thorough post tho, homes.
Davo View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 1:59pm
I think it's time to get a hair cut. That hair is wild. Seriously though, when you get that cut those waves that you have that are breaking up make turn out to be pretty decent.
Tru Texan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tru Texan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 2:22pm

Thanks. Yeah, I told Cash the other day that I was gonna take a series of pics just to show this site what I be going through and complaining about over here. Like I said, if I use that dax it looks much better, but I haven't tried it w/this ds brush yet...don't think I want to.

Man, I'm tellin u...I do the conditioning thing, and i've come to the conclusion I don't like the pink lotion shampoo/conditioner...I'm gonna go back to creme of nature shampoo and cholesterol conditioner (worked good when I had braids).

I'm really trippin though b/c Ive never wolfed this long (and its getting pretty damn long on the top, long enough to pick it out or twist it up a lil bit) but I'm use to my hair looking like this even when its a lil longer than usual (see below)

Thats me in the airbrushed shirt...and this pic was taken from like 15ft away..

I don't know how to resize them well. But the pic below was taken from about 5 ft away...

On these pics below, my hair was pretty long too. And u can see them pretty good

SEE WHAT I MEAN!!!!!!!
Tru Texan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tru Texan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 2:23pm
Yeah man, I'm gonna cut it...either today or tomorrow....I think may hair may do better w/shorter wolfing sessions. I think JQRS said something like that about his hair once...
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 2:58pm

Yea, you're probably better off doing shorter sessions. What week are you on now?  By the way, you'll be able to wolf a lil longer after this session :-)

meech313 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meech313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 3:02pm

after u get that cut yo hair probaly gon be spinnin harder than it ever was

Ice-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 3:04pm
yeah maybe for u u need to have a shorter span on wen ypuir wolfin i think i wolfed to long and thats why i ended up loseing my perfect 360s now im on the gind again to get em bac but anywho i gotz a question about that conditioning meth do u leave the conition in then start brushing and rinse it out or do u pt it in brush it in and leave it in dont wash out im jus wondering how to do it also i ahve this stuff called HOLLYWOOD BEAUTY CARROT CHOLESTEROL DEEP CONDITIONING CREME should i use that instead or wat tell me wat ta do peoplez
THE KEY TO 360'S IS TO BRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
25cent View Drop Down
Hip Hop Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25cent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 3:08pm
What I do is apply my hold product then durag or wavecap my hair to get it nice and laid down but my hair isn't at that height so I don't k now to much get cut like every else said.
meek millz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meek millz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 3:09pm
yea man you showed us a pic of different times of your hair lol(duragged washed brushed) and how long where you on those wolfing stages.
"Impossible is nothing"
"Impossible is 0"
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 3:22pm
cc cholesterol is good. I usually leave a little in and brush a lot (your hair stays soft and damper longer). But don't leave in a lot conditioners are meant to be washed out

wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 3:24pm
Tru Texan, you're good. 

The out of control nature of your hair and the wave curling that you are dealing with is caused by your hair's nappy texture. What needs to be understood is that this nappiness works to your advantage.  For the most part, the nappier that your is, the more "micro" your waves will be.  Also, your wolfin sessions will be harder to manage than someone with a smoother texture.  So, in order to optimize your waving process, you need to use a hard/medium brush the majority of the time and make sure that your hair is adequately moisturized.  Getting a hair cut is best for you at this time because you run the risk of losing defintion and connection due to the hair's unruliness.  When your hair is unruly and you're not able to make it behave in a "waving manner" when brushing, your hair's undergrowth will tend to straighten.  This is why some people wolf and don't see optimal results.  You have to know when to cut your hair or you may run the risk of over-wolfin. 

Edited by wave connection - May 25 2007 at 3:28pm
DUB-C
Ice-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 5:20pm
So King Cash Jus put a little in and rush dont wash it out???
THE KEY TO 360'S IS TO BRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shockwave View Drop Down

360 Veteran/Most Improved Playa '07

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shockwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 5:33pm
wnd that's what i'm afarid might happen to my right side. I'm going for 5 weeks next time. After that i go to 6 weeks but i think thats my true limit.

And what week is that?

Edited by Shockwave - May 25 2007 at 5:34pm
Aka Doc Shock
dutchmasterz04 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchmasterz04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2007 at 5:38pm

When I wolfed for 7 weeks my hair was soo ugly, I lost motivation and stop brushing to my progress wasnt prolly at its best. But That time did make a difference. So what im saying is dude can cut it now or wait it out. His choice.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic