Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why does hair color look so much better on women?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why does hair color look so much better on women?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MitchellVII View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MitchellVII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why does hair color look so much better on women?
    Posted: May 29 2007 at 10:05am
I have many female friends who color their hair, and quite literally, if they didn't tell me, I wouldn't have known.

Whereas every time I see a man who colors his hair, it is pretty obvious.

Is this because men and women's hair are made of different stuff, or because we have different expectations of men and women's appearances?

In other words, is haircolor just another form of make-up and because we are not accustomed to seeing men in make-up, we notice the dyed hair?

Edited by MitchellVII - May 29 2007 at 10:06am
jemaniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemaniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by MitchellVII MitchellVII wrote:

Is this because men and women's hair are made of different stuff, or because we have different expectations of men and women's appearances?

I'd say the latter. When it comes to men's hair graying, well I personally prefer it when they let it go natural like that. Jon Stewart anyone?Embarrassed
MitchellVII View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MitchellVII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2007 at 9:36am

Well, in my experience, women saying they "think gray hair on men is sexy" is like women saying "they want to meet a nice guy".

They may "say" it, but when you look at what they actually "do", you find they reject all the "nice guys" and chase all the "bad boys".

Comparisons to George Clooney aren't really fair either.  Besides being gray, he is also:

1. Exceptionally handsome.
2. Very rich
3. Very famous

All of which tend to skew the poll results.

Believe me, I would much prefer to just let it go gray and be natural, however, I'm just concerned that every time I have done that, my love life pretty much dies on the spot (with the exception of all the 55 year old ladies who now think I'm sexy - lol)

sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 12:53pm
I think the key here is to choose a shade close to your natural color as possible and have it done by a professional.  Also, unless the man's natural hair color is fairly light, he may very well need to dye facial hair (beard, eyebrows, etc.).  Graying eyebrows on someone without gray on the top will look unnatural.

Edited by sarytyr - May 31 2007 at 1:01pm
hunnyswifey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunnyswifey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2007 at 1:19am
Because men may not be spending the dollar amount that we are to achieve the desired results we are looking for...thats ur answer...also men never seem to exactly understand natural verses dyed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic