Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eyelash Extensions - Hottest New Trend?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eyelash Extensions - Hottest New Trend?
    Posted: May 30 2007 at 12:20pm

Greetings,

Over the past 2 weeks I have literally been bombarded with PR about professional eyelash extensions.  I received an email yesterday from a salon owner I know who is considering offering the service.

She told me "it is the hottest new trend in spas and salons" and she is evaluating training.

Since all the people in this section of HairTalk are so savvy at DIY hair extensions I figured a lot of you probably have already traveled down the DIY eyelash extension patch.

I also know there are professional hair, beauty and make-up artists out there who are exploring the options.

I would love it if you would all join me here with your thoughts, experiences and share as you do so fantastically about hair extensions.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
digitaldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digitaldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2007 at 1:12pm
Xtreme Lashes are definitely on my to do list. I have a girlfriend that has them and they look really good. They look feathery-soft and med-long. They don't look fake like baby doll lashes or something or like the ones you get in the ghetto salon with the black glue.

It's an expensive procedure. It cost about $200 for the first application, which supposedly lasts 3 months. Then you go back every so often to get them re-applied. They apply an eye lash to each one of your lashes with a small amount of glue. Here's the link for more info. I may wait for the price to come down! They look gorgeous though!

http://www.xtremelashes.com/PhotoEyelashExtensionsNatural.aspx
AS OF 5/25/2007
4A
10 1/2' in the top
10 on the sides
3 1/2 in the back

GOAL
BSL
1hairlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1hairlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2007 at 3:03am
I have a couple  of clients that wear Lavish Lashes check out their website and the are always at the big hair shows
lovelove
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2007 at 6:26am
Originally posted by 1hairlover 1hairlover wrote:

I have a couple  of clients that wear Lavish Lashes check out their website and the are always at the big hair shows

Hi,

Do you perform lash services? 

I am reading so much about it that it looks the "next hot thing" for salons/spas.  I remember when eyebrow services exploded and everyone rushed out to put eyebrow bars in their salons.  In fact, one salon owner I know here in Dallas ripped out the little coffee bar and turned it into a eyebrow bar.  It did well for her but I missed the espresso.  :-)

Edited by Karen Shelton - June 01 2007 at 6:27am
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
digitaldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digitaldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2007 at 7:40am
You could always google Xtreme Lash [your city, state or just city]. When I googled "Eyelash Extensions" I got all types of things. I didn't want the ones that you buy at wal-mart. Many stylist had no idea what Xtreme Lash was or the technique. I didn't really have to have Xtreme Lash I just wanted to have individual lashes applied the way they do.  Good Luck. Post pix for us after you get them! Wink
AS OF 5/25/2007
4A
10 1/2' in the top
10 on the sides
3 1/2 in the back

GOAL
BSL
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2007 at 9:32am
I started doing my own several months ago and won't be seen without them! They are fun and easy to do on oneself. I don't use the Xtreme Lash system, but prefer Everlash which is a semi-permanent system from Germany. I posted a tutorial that has been received very well so far. Several women have been having success using the method I'm developing. I've been getting so much feedback that I'm working on a business designed to teach other women how to DIY eyelash extensions. Here's my tutorial:

http://www.diyextensions.net/viewtopic.php?t=8
Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2007 at 11:05pm
Just for perspective here are my DIY Semi-Permanent eyelash pics, before and after:

Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!
got waves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote got waves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2007 at 6:53pm

can i get my eyes done jp

MY WAVES SP!NIN SO HARD I MAKE TH6M BITCHS SEA SICC
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2007 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by got waves got waves wrote:

can i get my eyes done jp

Anyone can although I would suspect there is a limit on doing it for people too young.  Is there an age limit?  Does anyone know.
1hairlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1hairlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2007 at 1:21am
No I do not do Lavish Lashes yet but I am taking class soon. It  is in  this month American Salon magazine.
lovelove
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2007 at 5:50pm
So now I do not feel so bad about the blunders I've made, I would like to open my eyes up some more, falsies do that.
yeah false lashes that do not look false are very femine looking.

thanks for the infoBig%20smile

Edited by Anomis - October 17 2007 at 12:47am
Honeychild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeychild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2007 at 2:19pm

Thanks Kristie M.  for sharing your knowledge on how  to  apply the lashes easily and what utensils are needed to get this fabulous look.
I've ordered from the same site on Sunday and I'm already wearing them and can't get enough of the way the make my eyes look Hug
Merci

Edited by Honeychild - June 20 2007 at 2:21pm
SilkyBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilkyBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2008 at 12:27am
This info has been awesome. Thanks
I can do all things through god who strengthens me!

www.ultimatehaironline.com
lori.love View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lori.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2008 at 12:58pm

I finally decided to have permanent eyeliner, eyebrows and eye shadow done, and I think I look killer (if I do say so myself!!!).

I had the work done at Angelbare in Newton, Massachusetts and it's relatively inexpensive (which is perfect for my budget!!!). My girlfriend recommended them because she'd been there and was thrilled with their make up artist.

Anyway, here's their website for reference:

Angelbare - Massachusetts Eyelash Extensions

Be good,

Lori

wvulovey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wvulovey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2008 at 12:28am
I've had Xtreme lashes done last May. They cost me 350 with my 50 off coupon. There generally 300-350 with touch-ups to be performed at least every3-4 wks.

While they looked awesome, they didn't last longer than 4 weeks. I was told I'd need just a touch-up at 6-8 weeks. By 4 weeks I was pretty much lashless...but they did look great while on. I was careful too. Slept on my back, didnt curl them, wore their mascara and eyelash gel treatment...waste of money though

My mom still gets her done. I don't know if me working out and sweaat getting in my eyes and lashes made them weaker. But even in May I wasn't working out that often. And my mom works out daily w/out a sweatband and hers last until her 4 week touch up. Sometimes she loses a lot.

If you can afford it go for it. But I was told me 4 dollars falsies I apply from cvs when i go out looked even better:)
dewhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dewhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2008 at 9:33pm
Hair Addictionz has new eyelash flares that last 2 to 4 weeks and usually cost 35.00 to 50.00 to put them on by a stylist!  They lok great and are much more affordable.
dewhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dewhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2008 at 9:45pm
Any Hair Stylist who are interested in doing lash extensions,  Hair Addictionz has new eyelash flares that take 15 minutes to apply and last 2-4weeks you charge approx 35 to 50 per vist!  It a great add on to your service and so easy to do.  Also  they have a great Program as they are launching their product Buy 1 get one half off or if you refer 2 stylist that purchase a kit at $175.00 each your kit is totally FREE! 

Pass on their website and check them out at www.hairaddictionz.com
dewhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dewhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2008 at 9:46pm
Any Hair Stylist who are interested in doing lash extensions,  Hair Addictionz has new eyelash flares that take 15 minutes to apply and last 2-4weeks you charge approx 35 to 50 per vist!  It a great add on to your service and so easy to do.  Also  they have a great Program as they are launching their product Buy 1 get one half off or if you refer 2 stylist that purchase a kit at $175.00 each your kit is totally FREE! 

Pass on their website and check them out at www.hairaddictionz.com
dewhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dewhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2009 at 9:42pm

Hello Stylist ,

I just want to let everyone know that our Eyelash Extension Kits are now available on line for $175.00 ..  The kit includes 8 packs of  eyelash flares, one small practice glue, one regular size super sensitive glue, adhesive remover,12 customer care pamphlets, scissors, 2 pair of tweezers, paper tape , pointed swabs for removal,mascara wands and lash comb and a price list for your future orders. This all comes in a reuseable bag.   These Eyelash Flares are extremely easy to do, I strongly advise you to go to the front page of my website to watch how they are done.  This is a great add on service for your salon.   You can double click on the video for it to be full screen.  The Eyelash Flares can be done right in your chair or at the shampoo bowl or laying down.  Your client can open there eyes right away so there is no down time to wait for them to dry.   There is absolutely no burning!  The Flare Addictionz  glue can be used with any eyelash extensions .  We also have a referral system for our new line If you tell a freind and they purchase with or without you then you with get your kit half off.  What a GREAT deal!!  They just have to let us know who they are referred by.  So please forward this email to your fellow stylist .  We look forward to hearing from you soon. This is only for hair stylist if you are not a hair stylist you will recieve a different glue.

Regards,

Lorraine and Robert

Hair Addictionz

623-374-2874 

Edited by dewhair - January 07 2009 at 9:44pm
ehairexperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehairexperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 11:58pm
Eyelash extensions are definitely a hot topic. Due to the cost to have them applied, many who wear them are interested in the DIY application.

If you are new to DIY extension applications, you might find that using flares might save more time and add the extra length and volume a bit faster. Flares are a small group of flared lashes instead of single, individual lashes.

Eyelash extensions are extremely beautiful and natural looking so if you can find the supplies at a reasonable cost, they are worth a try.

Here is an article with a tad bit more about lash extensions as well as an image.
eHairExperts - your article resource for all of your hair extension needs. FREE product GIVEAWAYS.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic