Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How Long Can They Last?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Long Can They Last?
    Posted: June 11 2012 at 9:58am
Each time I've had professional eyelash extensions they've only lasted 3 weeks at most. Since they attach them to your individual lashes, they naturally fall out when your own lashes fall out since they aren't glued to your eyelid skin. It was great having them in the summer and looking great at the pool, but it was a pain having to go in every 2-3 weeks and spend an hour getting them filled. I would definitely do them again for special occasions like when I'm in a wedding party.
johnrambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnrambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2011 at 3:54am
My girlfriend had eyelash extensions and she spent so much time trying to extend their life.  Ultimately not worth it for her.  They looked nice though.

Edited by johnrambo - October 03 2011 at 9:40am
wvulovey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wvulovey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2008 at 12:32am

Mine were xtreme lashes and only lasted 4 weeks and by 3 weeks i was almost all ahd fallen out neway. looked nice for the tiem. not worth 350 plus mascara and special gel and tip...

i pop on my falsies from cvs and get more compliments. i use glue and ardell
JamaicanVixen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamaicanVixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2008 at 6:29pm

If there is any dvds showing how to apply them, they wouldn't be any good.. Trust me, pay your money and go do the training and get your certification because the whole application is so intense you will definately need your hands on training with an instructor. Remember you are literally applying one extension to one natural lash, its time consuming but well worth it after your finish

http://www.fiercestyling.com
chicsurfs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicsurfs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by JamaicanVixen JamaicanVixen wrote:

Originally posted by kristie m kristie m wrote:

Most of the women I know who have had individuals attached professionally say they actually last about two weeks. Application takes about 2 hours and in my area they're running $200 - $300 for initial application. Then you need to go back for fills or you start looking lopsided and funny. Fills run around $60 in my area.   I think professionally-applied individual lashes are great if you are looking for a one-time application, say for a wedding or special event, or if you have all the money and time in the world and love being at salons.

Based on time and cost, I think DIY is really a valid strategy with eyelash extensions. The "flare" lashes are easier to apply for the DIYer and last about as long as the professional ones. What is great about them is that a fill takes about 5 minutes and can be done as needed, so you're not needing to run off to the salon every time a few fall out.

If the individual lashes are lasting two weeks the techician isn't applying them properly. Some people when they get certified with these companies, there only doing it for the money. The things they are taught not to do when applying the lashes, thats what they are doing just to make the quick bucks. The clients couldn't tell whether or not the extension is actually places on a single natural lash, but some technicians are applying one extension to two or three lashes, when it's literally suppose to be one extension to one lash, that is the reason they're falling out so quickly.

Had to ask the QUESTION NOW THOUGH heheh! I had them done in NEWPORT BEACH, CAL...omg they were FABBBBBBBBBB U LISHIOUS!

I mean I had people constantly saying omg you have beautiful lashes
before when I wore the FAKE ones...yea NM.

IS THERE ANY DVD'S OUT THERE HOW TO LEARN TO APPLY THEM HECK
I WOULD not mind getting into the business learning how to DO THEM

THE RIGHT WAY =)

ANY ADVISE?

how to APPLY THEM ANY DVD'S?

Edited by chicsurfs - May 13 2008 at 9:13pm
chicsurfs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicsurfs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2008 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by JamaicanVixen JamaicanVixen wrote:

Most of the women I know who have had individuals attached professionally say they actually last about two weeks. Application takes about 2 hours and in my area they're running $200 - $300 for initial application. Then you need to go back for fills or you start looking lopsided and funny. Fills run around $60 in my area.   I think professionally-applied individual lashes are great if you are looking for a one-time application, say for a wedding or special event, or if you have all the money and time in the world and love being at salons.

Based on time and cost, I think DIY is really a valid strategy with eyelash extensions. The "flare" lashes are easier to apply for the DIYer and last about as long as the professional ones. What is great about them is that a fill takes about 5 minutes and can be done as needed, so you're not needing to run off to the salon every time a few fall out.

If the individual lashes are lasting two weeks the techician isn't applying them properly. Some people when they get certified with these companies, there only doing it for the money. The things they are taught not to do when applying the lashes, thats what they are doing just to make the quick bucks. The clients couldn't tell whether or not the extension is actually places on a single natural lash, but some technicians are applying one extension to two or three lashes, when it's literally suppose to be one extension to one lash, that is the reason they're falling out so quickly.

Exactly! A proper NEW method of the UPPER CLASS lash extensions
should be lasting from at least 2-3 months NOT I repeat 2 WEEKS

yikes!  Do your homework! The REAL NEW lash extensions should
last from 2-3 months IF APPLIED CORRECTLY =)
Could use all the advice needed when buying hair wholesale, and where to learn how to do hair fusion, and mini link extensions.
JamaicanVixen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamaicanVixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2008 at 7:24pm

Edited by JamaicanVixen - May 01 2008 at 7:25pm
http://www.fiercestyling.com
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:24pm
For me it's that easy because I have contact lenses and I don't have a problem messing around my eyes.  I never put the strips under my natural lashes I place them over the lash as close to my natural lash as possible.  I use the white glue that dries clear so even if I get glue everywhere it dries clear.  I also use a light layer of glue and I let it dry for about 15 seconds so it gets tacky, sticks w/out any problem.  Also I have flat pair of tweezers....I use the flat part to press the lash even closer to the natural lash. HTH
Priscilla80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Priscilla80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2008 at 10:34pm

5 mintues??? I'm jealous....It took me forever and they still didnt look right.  Any tips? I've seen some videos where they apply under your natural lashes, they said it was easier but it doesn't sound very safe.

Thanks

p
Specializing in Stock Units

www.beautifulmanes.com

info@beautifulmanes.com

Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2008 at 12:33pm
The strip lashes at Sally's BSS are always a great option for me...I can put those bad boys on in less than 5 minutes and I get sooooo many compliments and they are so inexpensive.  But I live in Miami and there are plenty of salons here that do them and you have the choice of getting individuals or the strip and I used to get the individuals all the time.  The girl who does mine only charges $18 and they last for 4 weeks and I ABSOLUTELY love them...they look natural and she is quick as well....20 minutes tops and your out the door. But I haven't looked back since I've discovered my lashes at Sally's.
Nemesiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemesiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 6:08pm
There's a place in Long Island, New York that provide the individual lash service, she charges $25-$30 and they last 2 weeks also Kristie m.  I didn't realize they were so expensive elsewhere.  The woman that does them in NY has been doing them way before the sudden surge in requests. I've moved from NY since last year, I'm sure they cost more now that they're so popular. I for one know that she's always busy, she never gets a break.  I got them done for my wedding back in 2005.  I settle for regular store bought lashes which work for me when I'm going somewhere special. I'll be checking out your tutorial kristie m because I tried doing the individual lashes on my home and it was a disaster, I still have the packet in my bathroom sitting around collecting dust, lolol... Your pics look great.  I would like to achieve that same look, very natural. 
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2007 at 10:29am

Here's to the end of my BAD HAIR LIFE!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2007 at 12:24pm
My friend who is studying this option for her salon has been talking to me about the different "professional" systems out there. 

She has been looking at Lavish Lashes Professional Eyelash Extensions. 

According to her research these eyelashes which are only for professionals to be used in salons are semi-permanent extensions that can last up to 4-6 weeks depending on individual issues.  With the average cycle of a single lash lasting 90-120 days. 

I guess there are other factors that come into play such as your lifestyle and how well your care for the eyelashes.

Have you all found there is a general rule of thumbs that eyelash extensions last?
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic