Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help please! (polish chips)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help please! (polish chips)
    Posted: June 05 2007 at 11:36am
Hey all! About a month or two ago I got my acrylic nails taken off because it was getting to expensive to upkeep them...I had them on for four years!!  Anyway, I have been putting on nail hardeners (Starting over after acyrilic nails nail polish) and I use the moisturizing creams for my cuticles as well.  I know they not only need to be hard but flexible too!

My main question is... how the heck can I keep my french manicured nails looking nice!!?  I do a full manicure by myself, pushing the cuticles back, washing my hands... then I put the white polish on the tips and a couple coats of the start over nail polish.  It seems they chip after just two days!!  I don't even do dishes bc I have a dishwasher so i'm not sure why they are chipping so fast.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
SilkStrands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilkStrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2007 at 1:02pm
As I said in the other thread.. try putting a chip-resistant top coat on every couple days after you do the manicure. It definitely helps my natural nails stay nicer, longer. Smile
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 7:44am
What is a good chip-resistant top coat that you would recommend?
SilkStrands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilkStrands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 9:33am
I like this one a lot!

Hope it helps Big%20smile
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 9:30am
I would put the hardener on every other day. I use nail envy by opi and I love it. I do a french manicure on myself and use the nail envy over the top and then reapply every other dya, and it keeps the manicure looking great.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2007 at 7:53am
Thanks for the responses! 
panzerswifey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panzerswifey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2008 at 3:29pm
I was wondering the same thing about keeping my manicure nice. i am trying to grow my nails but my polish barely last a day.
Ican grow my nails but I need to manicure to last because when my nails are not polished they eoither break or I bite them.

Yes.. I am a nail biter. The polish stop me from doing it.
http://panzerboswell.ning.com
http://panzerswifey.blogspot.com
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2008 at 1:14pm
I gotta try nail hardeners & anti-chip top coats
lifelovebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifelovebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 10:43pm
I've seen better results with painting sideways instead of the natural up and down motion. I know it is more difficult and may not look as nice for the base color, but the tips come out really great.

If you take your time, it should probably help. Also, you can always apply a clear top coat in the normal technique to give a nice gloss.
~
Life Love Beauty
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic