Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inexperienced Weave gurl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tink76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inexperienced Weave gurl
    Posted: June 06 2007 at 10:08am
I'm so obssessed with my weave.... I'm sure this topic has been talked about over and over. But I'd like some specific advice.
I recently got a weave with Black Diamond Italian curly hair. It's been about a month and I just figured out how to tame it. I comb it with a wide tooth comb twice a day, and sprtiz it with water and conditioner. I've washed it twice already, it's just goregous after being washed, if I blow dry it with a oil sheen. If I leave it to air dry it's a disaster.

But like I said I think I found away to control it, any other suggestions would be helpful though.

I want to try to Rio Wave by Black Diamond next. It's a very loose body wave and I want to know if I'll need to set it, or if I can just wash, comb and go. Can someone please let me know what the best styles are for:
- Wash and just blow dry.
- No ironing, no setting

I want to try so many different styles, but because I'm so inexperienced with weaves, I'm afraid I won't know how to care/style it when the time comes.

I prefer full head sewn in, no hair out, because my natural hair is so over-relaxed it doesn't know whether it wants to go back curly or straight. I don't want to deal with my natural hair when wearing a weave.

Help Please!!!
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 10:36am
Hey girl.. You should check this thread out: Weave/Extensions 101: Helpful LinksThread

Within this thread are links to other threads/sites with lots of great tips for caring for weaves. Please check out in particular the Best & Worst BSS Brands thread. Other BHM members have provided lots of feedback about various hair brands including Black Diamond.. You should be in information overload based on the info contained in this thread.. HTH..

Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic