Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help on what to do after haircut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
09dhicks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 09dhicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help on what to do after haircut
    Posted: June 06 2007 at 6:59pm
Cry
Sorry if this was already posted but im new and i have been wolfin for 7weeks and im ready to get a haircut  i know u have to get a dark cesar with the grain #2 guard but what   should i was my hair that day or just brush i dont know help please
dutchmasterz04 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dutchmasterz04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 7:05pm

I get to brushin ASAP to get all the little hairs out, I dont put anything in it till I wash my hair which is about 3-4 days after my cut. Only a light moisterizer in the early stages of the cut.

got waves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote got waves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 7:24pm
just keep brushin after your cut wash your hair n put what ever u put in your hair dat day. then durag it up n u good money.
MY WAVES SP!NIN SO HARD I MAKE TH6M BITCHS SEA SICC
Davo View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 7:28pm
Wash your hair after the cut. Then put whatever moisturizer you use in your hair. Then brush, brush, brush. Don't walk around with loose hair in your head. Brushing them out isn't that good of an idea unless you have a brush that you don't mind get all filled up with hair particles.
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2007 at 7:36pm
cosign with dutch but i also get a wet rag to get em out easier

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 11:11am
I don't recommend washing your hair after you get a haircut.  There are two main reasons why I say this.  First, you should wash your hair before you get a cut so that it is clean and free of products.  Since you should wash your hair prior to your cut, washing it afterwards is redundant and pulls out more of your hair's natural oils that its trying to reproduce.  That's also why I don't recommend over-washing.  Second, by not washing your hair right after you get a cut, you allow your haircut and your new length wave pattern to set in.  This is especially true if you do not have a strong base wave pattern.  Even if you have a strong wave pattern, you will lose some defintion if you immediately wash your hair after a cut.  I recommend brushing off the loose hairs with a soft brush followed by putting on a durag or wave cap, if possible.  After a couple of days, your hair cut and its pattern should be set and then it should be okay to wash. 

Remember:  After a haircut, be in a rush to brush, but don't prematurely wash, because there is a cost, and that's wave defintion loss, and you heard it from the BOSS.

Edited by wave connection - June 07 2007 at 11:19am
DUB-C
JMAN21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMAN21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 4:13pm
Ya, it didn't take me long to figure that out. I always wait 5 days before it wash mine after a cut
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by JMAN21 JMAN21 wrote:

Ya, it didn't take me long to figure that out. I always wait 5 days before it wash mine after a cut

I wouldn't wait five days, but that's still satisfactory.  But, I'm glad to see that you've taken notice to this wave preservation concept.

Edited by wave connection - June 07 2007 at 4:24pm
DUB-C
SCprettyboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCprettyboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 5:01pm
im wit wave connection i dont wash my hair right after my cut. But its mainly because my hair is real soft and i dont put anything in it, b4 my cut, so after it ill put in some moisturizer,brush,and du-rag it then ill brush it the next day.
The Main Event:August 13th For The King's Crown of S.C. tune in to http://www.myspace.com/wavessonice91 for further details
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by SCprettyboi SCprettyboi wrote:

im wit wave connection i dont wash my hair right after my cut. But its mainly because my hair is real soft and i dont put anything in it, b4 my cut, so after it ill put in some moisturizer,brush,and du-rag it then ill brush it the next day.

It's good to see another waver who understands one of the nuances of the wave game.
DUB-C
Shockwave View Drop Down

360 Veteran/Most Improved Playa '07

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shockwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by wave connection wave connection wrote:

Remember:  After a haircut, be in a rush to brush, but don't prematurely wash, because there is a cost, and that's wave defintion loss, and you heard it from the BOSS.

Did you just freestyle?... Stick to the big words
Aka Doc Shock
Meji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 5:30pm
how about just rinsing connec?

Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Meji Meji wrote:

how about just rinsing connec?

No rinsing Meji.  At the most you can wipe your hair with a semi-moist wash cloth or something similiar, but do not saturate your hair with water for at least two days.
DUB-C
DatEZkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DatEZkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2007 at 10:13pm
Same. I used 2 wash ma hair afta a cut n ma wavesz wud b gonnnnnnnne. I wud b tight n b like 4get disz. It took me till like 4 cutsz of 360s 2 0s 2 realize dat. But ma last cut i didnt wash 4 like 3 daysz n i wusz straight,

Myspace.com/cake_and_ice_cr3am
S.C. King View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.C. King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2007 at 2:19am
dont wash just brush!!! 2nd day wash!!!
meek millz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meek millz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2007 at 5:48am
when yallsay dont wash your hair after a cut how do u do that because ur gonna have to shower?
"Impossible is nothing"
"Impossible is 0"
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2007 at 8:12am
Originally posted by meek millz meek millz wrote:

when yallsay dont wash your hair after a cut how do u do that because ur gonna have to shower?

You can wear a shower cap or either wash your face outside of the shower so that you don't have to get your head wet when your in it.
DUB-C
Marcel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2007 at 9:00am
yeah i wash my hair after like three or 4 days but on those nights i just usually brush and wear a du rag
Brushing in Progress...

Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2007 at 9:36am
I wash my hair right after otherwise I'm gonna be scratching my head all day
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2007 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Willie SKRILLA Willie SKRILLA wrote:

I wash my hair right after otherwise I'm gonna be scratching my head all day

I still say don't wash your hair right after your haircut.  If your head itches after your cut, just scratch it with the bristles of your brush as your brush your hair vigorously.
DUB-C
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic