Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ABOUT TO GO CRAZY WITH THESE CURLS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vintagewaste View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vintagewaste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ABOUT TO GO CRAZY WITH THESE CURLS
    Posted: June 12 2007 at 7:38pm
Hi! My name is Lauren. and I have EXTREAMLY curly curly hair. (see picture below) I really want a new style. it's very short ( i made the huge mistake of cutting it ) and I just want a new style. I would prefer to blow it out everyday, but it takes 2 hours to perfect and everytime I do it I end up burning my hands with the iron and blow dryer. I only do it somtimes.

How can i tame these curls.. is there any products that I can use that can make my hair appear longer and more relaxed!? PLEASE HELP!!

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 1:07am
Hey Lauren,

What products do you currently use? Have you ever used a diffuser to define your curls rather than blowing your hair out straight?

Thanks for the photo.  I love your curls.  Gorgeous.  I know you may not like your length but there are things you can do to enjoy your texture without burning your hands.

Please let us know what you products you are using and if you ever air dry or use a finger diffuser when you dry.  Have you plopped your hair? 

Looking forward to your response.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 7:33pm
i think its adorable, what are you using on your curls. keep letting it grow out that will put some weight and let it fall some. it will take time.
Babycheeks
davisesq212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davisesq212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2007 at 2:22pm
I would give anything for your curls.
DavisEsq212
angsaff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angsaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2007 at 10:13pm
The one thing I hate on this forum is...you can get tons of "views" but get no  advice.   It is not helping.        People please respond .. well ifyou can!
Aphrodiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 9:57am
HI vintagewaste!

I don't know if my first message was posted, it seems that the forum is messing up. BUt here I go again.....

I used to have your same issue. I have your same curls...and I went short. HUGE MISTAKE.
I knew my curly hair would look great when LONG, but the hard maintenance on the hair made me cut it all off, to realize that I just cut off hair that girls pay to have. you can get a curly hair straight, but straight hair is hard to curl like that.

This is what I did while growing out my hair and avoiding Chemically Straighting my hair.

1. I got some Hair Extensions on Deep Wave (with Highlights). Everywhere I go got so many comps. Everyone loved it, and including me. (I used the Tape method discuss on the Hair Extensions Forum) Man! I love Long Hair!

2. When I wanted to give a break from Hair Extensions to my hair, I would wear it straight. I got me the MaxiGlide Flat Iron. This is the only hair straighter that works for me. Hair looks so straight and shiny without chemically straighting, and using the Frectisee Hair products, that work great with Humidity.

3. One I figured out I can wear my hair straight, I started using Hair extensions in different textures. I used a BodyWave. I only straighten my natural hair, and the textures will blend in.

The idea is to make the growing process fun,  enjoyable, and stress free, cause I am so desperate when it comes to hair. You will learn a lot about your hair during this process, and what looks fit you and you enjoy the most. Now, My hair is Long enough that I can go on happy. I wear it Curly , wavy and straight.

Good luck with your hair growing journey, and keep me updated!!
laceydon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceydon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2007 at 9:28am
my hair is just like yours! it's so super curly like that, and i made the mistake of cutting mine also. i can't leave it down and curly without feeling like there's a helmet on my head. i put this organic vanilla silk serum in my hair, followed up with a little bit of the thermasilk mouse for curly hair. i leave my hair down to air dry, then i put it up either in a pony tail or with a claw clip. it really does look cute, and it's so super easy.
so, there's how curly my hair is (excuse the retard pose)

and there's what it looks like when i put it up
It's kinda funny because i get tons of compliments that my hair looks nice  and that it must have taken me a while to fix it. but in reality it takes me just a minute or two to put a few products in it and go!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic