Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help! Hair Disaster!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Hair Disaster!
    Posted: June 21 2007 at 9:50am
I recently went to a salon in Manhattan for highlights. I had been there before and it turned out great. So, upon return - I used a different stylist and figured that the Salon was high-end enough that they wouldnt ruin a simple high light job.

So, I specified to the stylist that I wanted natural looking highlights (i.e. not chunky) and to AVOID a GOLD/Orange color at all costs. I ended up with GOLD highlights - albeit they were naturally done. So, upset I went back in 2 days later to have them fixed. Another stylist handled and now my hair is COMPLETELY GOLD. 

I am incredibly unhappy and want to know if it is out of line to call and ask them to correct it again? Moreover, if I've been there 2x now, I'm afraid they will not be able to fix it and should just get my money back. Any feedback would be welcome. 
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 7:48am
you should go back to the salon or call the salon and ask to talk to the manager. Is it just the highlights that are gold or your whole head? Whatever it is they can tone that gold out of there using a blue violet base with a violet kicker in there to knock out that brassy gold tone. You just need to have a hair colorist who knows the color wheel and to get the haircolor where it needs to be. The tone will pull the colors closer together so the highlights might not be as noticible but the color will look more natural and not crazy like it is now. They should charge you for this service....as it is fixing a problem they did in the first place.

Whatever you do don't try it yourself.
KLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2007 at 10:18am
I really appreciate your advice. I went back to the salon and they put more high lights in - i don't know if it 'fixed' the problem - but it has created the illusion that my hair is more 'white blonde' than 'gold/brassy blonde'.

I have a feeling though, that my 'white blonde' is going to fade into a more 'brassy/gold' blonde. I fear that the only solution is to grow my hair out and let my natural roots come in.

Do you have any advice on keeping my blonde from fading to that gold/brassy color? Do shampoo's help/create more of a problem?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic