Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

White bonds that should'nt be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
hairgirl1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgirl1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: White bonds that should'nt be
    Posted: June 21 2007 at 5:52pm

I just finished a girl that i had put a full head of extensions in. The bonds were all white and flacky. I put the extensions in right but could'nt figure out what happened to these bonds. Poor girl started to cry and i told her to come back tomorrow at my house and i would remove them all for her. I ordered from "Your hair shop" D- Lux #m 4/30 and m/27/30 for a highlight effect. Can someone tell me what i did wrong or was it the bonds? I ordered hair from  them before a while ago and another girl told me the hair shed an awful lot. I'M SORRY I DON'T THINK I TRUST THAT HAIR ANYMORE. I really like doing the pre-tipped bonds but now i might just order the weft and cut it in pieces and dip it into a hot pot with the pellets. Oh Brother. Any advice please. This girl paid me half of what my price was so in the morning i'll just take them out and take the loss for the other half of the money.

Hairgirl1

hairgirl1
BunnyWabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnyWabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 7:07pm
i thnk i've heard of those bonds turning white and flaky but I don't know which version of them they were - she switched a while back, but now I believe has pulled the entire lot (well put them on sale to dump them anyway).  I think its got more to do with the bond rather than the hair.

Edited by BunnyWabbit - June 21 2007 at 7:07pm
Honeychild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeychild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 7:21pm
I've ordered from the same  site several times and overall love the fast delivery of the hair and the great prices as well as the quality of the hair itself, but the bonds don't last longer than 2 weeks on my hair. 

Did the bonds turn white immediately when you applied the hair or did she returned  with the bonds turning white and flaky? 

The reason why I ask is because she might used a curling iron and  accidentally placed it on the bonds,  or maybe poured too much conditioner on the bonds which can also can make the bonds loose their potency.

Edited by Honeychild - June 21 2007 at 7:24pm
hairgirl1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgirl1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 8:16pm
I just did her hair today but every time i put a bond in her hair it turned white and flacky. There was no curling iron used. Now her mother just called me yelling at me that her daughter's hair is a mess. She blames me. The hair was beautiful when i got it fast delivery but big deal if the bonds are crap. I wonder if Kristen has gotten other complaints. The mother wanted me to refund the money and i told her no way that the hair has been used. Am i right or wrong?
hairgirl1
Honeychild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeychild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 8:24pm
That sucks...have you contacted Kristen yet? She might know how to help out or why the  bonds turned out that way.

hairgirl1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgirl1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 8:48pm
I have'nt contacted Kristen yet but i think i'll do that now. Thanks.
hairgirl1
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 10:15pm
   Do you know how to pre-tip? You can remove the glue from the extensions and re-tip them with keratin glue.
   If she's willing, re-do her hair. If not, you should refund her money. It's a bad install.  Even though you've done nothing wrong neither did she. Your reputation is also at stake.
ALL EYES ON ME
hairgirl1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgirl1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 10:32pm
I e-mailed Kristen  and explained my entire situation let's see if she refunds my money and see if  her reputation is at stake. I only say that because i offered to take out the girls extension in the morning and redo them but she did'nt want to. The install was good it was the bonds that turned white and flacky and just charged her for the hair. If i can get my money back from Kristen then yes you are right and will refund the girl's moneyfor the hair. Doesn't that sound fair?
hairgirl1
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2007 at 11:19pm

the bonds turning flakey is not the clients fault. Nor am i saying its yours, however, you are the sylist and if you  dont want your repuation at stake, then i would encourage u to refund the girl all her money if she doesnt want  u to do another install. yes you will take a loss all around, however, its your reputaion that could take more of a loss- sorry you are going thru this. Regardless if you get a refund, its your responsibility as a professional to make sure your install and hair are satisfied by the client.

good luck dear!
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2007 at 9:45am

I agree with Tangles. I'm not saying that the placement was bad but the fact that they were turning white and flacky AS you were installing them made it a bad install.

I know she was probaly excited about getting them but when you saw that they all were turning white you shouldn't have continued to install them.
  She was upset last night, she may have calmed down by now. Offer a re-install. If not, you should refund her money.
   Take the loss. It's not worth being sued over and reported to the BBB. That would mar your reputation and the judge would probably side with her anyway.
ALL EYES ON ME
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2007 at 11:38am
Originally posted by MSHONEY MSHONEY wrote:

I'm not saying that the placement was bad but the fact that they were turning white and flacky AS you were installing them made it a bad install.

is there any reason you continued to do the install once you saw it was bad and turning white???

refund the money, learn from it and move on. I would also offer her a gift of something, maybe a deep condtioning treatment after you remove them. Client needs to be acknowledged that is wasnt her fault, and that you are on her side!
dont worry, taking care of this right will bring you great things.Smile

Edited by TanglesRC - June 22 2007 at 11:38am
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2007 at 1:20am
Tangles and MsHoney, you're right. I wish there were more people like you in the business world! 

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2007 at 1:07am
Thank you so much Malibu- that is really how i try and run my business.
Years before i was licensed, i was a client, and i always said when i get to do hair ( i ALWAYS knew it was my passion~ since i was 5!)   that i would treat my clients like i wanted to be treated. And i really work hard on that.
being treated with care, gentleness  and concern isnt that what we all want?
asinnamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asinnamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 9:41am
I ordered from your hair shop, got the 'new' clear tipped hair.  I had it installed with a very reputable extension salon.  Within 3 weeks I had to take them out.  The bonds went white and swelled up on me, and most of the hair had shed out.  I did use a clarifying(non sulphate) shampoo on only the bonds and kristin told me this was why my install went bad.  I'm not an expert, but I did see a week later that she put all her hair on sale to 'make room for new products'.  Live and learn, either way I will not buy hair from her again.  Just my 2 cents....
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 10:16am
Originally posted by malibu malibu wrote:

Tangles and MsHoney, you're right. I wish there were more people like you in the business world! 

Thanks Malibu but I'm just a DIY'er for now Smile. I may go back to school next year though.
ALL EYES ON ME
hairgirl1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgirl1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 4:31pm
Well Asinnamon, It's nice to know i was'nt alone on the white bonds. I e-mailed Kristen thursday evening and explained my story to her and heard nothing back. So i don't know what to make of that. I definetly will not do business with her anymore. I think i'll try wicked hair. There hair seems beautiful. Well i am sorry you too had that problem with white bonds, i'm still in disbelief.
hairgirl1
hairgirl1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairgirl1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 8:00am
I just want you all to know i received a e-mail back from Kristen saying she did'nt understand what happened to the bonds that turned white on me. She said she was getting new hair in and that she would send me out a sample of it and if i would please give her feed back on it. Also i would get a discount on my next order. Oh well we'll see.
hairgirl1
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 4:27pm
What about your client? Did you refund her money?
ALL EYES ON ME
chiku View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2007 at 12:25am
this exact same thing happened to me!!
how much did you guys pay for the hair though?
except in my case the hair was HORRIBLE it took 4 hours to comb becuase it was so knoted and felt like CRAP!
i lost soo much money and felt uber bad telling my stylist but like the bonds were even like watery
shoudl they have been?
hollandbluejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hollandbluejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 12:57am
OH CRAP! I just ordered this hair to try, maybe I should be sending it back before I put it in my client..... I got the clear tips though, I thought it was the other tips that had problems with shedding. Has anyone had any success with these? If so, what products did they use?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic