Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Arsenic Hair loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
How are Ya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote How are Ya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arsenic Hair loss
    Posted: June 26 2007 at 8:41am
G'day, For about the last 18 Months my hair has been falling out evenly all over. I went to several doctors including a Dermatologist who all did heaps of tests but none could tell me why or how to stop it. As I am 22 and have no history at all of  balding i kept searching until I had a Hair Mineral Analysis done which revealed extremely high levels of Arsenic. When I say high i mean it was right to the top of their graph. I understand that arsenic causes hair loss so I'm glad at least that I've got to the likely cause. BUT I can't seem to find any information on detoxing itAngry If anyone knows how i can go about getting rid of the Arsenic and get back my hair it would be fantastic. I'm not fully sure where it has come from but I have grown up and lived on cattle stations in Aus all my life where we used all kinds of chemicals for the cattle and crops, which i'd say would have something to do with it.
Thanks heaps, this website is a top idea, keep up the good work
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2007 at 1:00pm
I don't know where you got your hair analysis done, but you should really see a doctor if you didn't have it done at one.  They can give you the best advice on how to proceed at this point.  I googled arsenic and found that australia is not one of the countries listed as having a lot in their water supply.  I have heard of it coming from treated lumber, but don't know if you have this same kind of lumber treatment in Australia.  The FDA here in the US recently recalled some bottled water because of arsenic, (I don't suppose you get this same water in Australia, but here is the link just in case):  http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2007/NEW01594.html

No matter where it came from though, see a doc.  A local doc should have a better idea where you might have gotten this locally as well.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
How are Ya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote How are Ya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2007 at 12:56am

A doctor on the other side of the country actually organised for the hair tissue mineral analysis in which I had to send a hair sample to Chicago. But yeah I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow. Nah we wouldn't have any nasty stuff like that in our water here Wink Thanks mate

Triboro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triboro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 9:04pm
I recently read this post from 2007about arsenic poisoning and I just wanted to know if you ever found out the source of your poisoning.
Triboro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triboro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 9:17am
I recently read this post from 2007about arsenic poisoning and I just wanted to know if you ever found out the source of your poisoning.
Triboro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triboro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2010 at 8:16pm
 I just wanted to know if you ever found out were the arsenic poisoning came from.
michaelmast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelmast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2010 at 9:03am
Hi every one if you doesn't know how affect the arsenic look ...

Arsenic is a very toxic substance that is found in food, water and household items. Tobacco smoke, laundry detergent, bone meal, sea food, beer and even drinking water are a few of the items arsenic can be consumed from. Headaches, confusion, sleepiness, and even convulsions can be the effects of arsenic poisoning. Vomiting, diarrhea, kidney, liver and lung problems can occur, including death in extreme cases. Here is how to avoid and cure arsenic poisoning.

Arsenic is found in many different places. Arsenic is used to poison pests such as rats and mice, and can be used to kill any living thing. Arsenic is found in tiny amounts in many things that we consume. Apples, for example, have a minute amount of arsenic in their seeds. If you eat apples daily and eat the seeds you are depositing arsenic into your system. Other food items that may contain arsenic are seafood, water, bone meal, dolomite, kelp, table salt, and beer.

If you work in a job that produces any kind of pesticide, agricultural insecticide or spraying of any of these, you are at risk of arsenic poisoning. Other jobs that are at risk are copper smelting, mining, sheep dipping and metallurgical industries. Continued exposure to arsenic builds up in the system and there is an accumulated effect. The more you are exposed the more serious are the consequences.

Arsenic is a very toxic substance that is found in food, water and household items. Tobacco smoke, laundry detergent, bone meal, sea food, beer and even drinking water are a few of the items arsenic can be consumed from. Headaches, confusion, sleepiness, and even convulsions can be the effects of arsenic poisoning. Vomiting, diarrhea, kidney, liver and lung problems can occur, including death in extreme cases. Here is how to avoid and cure arsenic poisoning.

Arsenic is found in many different places. Arsenic is used to poison pests such as rats and mice, and can be used to kill any living thing. Arsenic is found in tiny amounts in many things that we consume. Apples, for example, have a minute amount of arsenic in their seeds. If you eat apples daily and eat the seeds you are depositing arsenic into your system. Other food items that may contain arsenic are seafood, water, bone meal, dolomite, kelp, table salt, and beer.

If you work in a job that produces any kind of pesticide, agricultural insecticide or spraying of any of these, you are at risk of arsenic poisoning. Other jobs that are at risk are copper smelting, mining, sheep dipping and metallurgical industries. Continued exposure to arsenic builds up in the system and there is an accumulated effect. The more you are exposed the more serious are the consequences.

michaelmast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelmast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2010 at 9:05am
Hi everyone, if you doesn't know how the arsenic affect you look... 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic