FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Understanding the right side.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
wave connection View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
360 Wave Vet and HB All-Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Understanding the right side.
    Posted: June 29 2007 at 12:14pm

As I have stated before, the crown of most 360 wavers heads, spins out clockwise. This means that most crowns grow out in a spiral towards the right. This growth pattern, also, extends out to the entire head. This means that the sides of your head represent to polarizing areas of a spiral. And, if you examine rotation and centrifugal force, the weakest area of a spiral is its starting point and the strongest area of a spiral is parallel to that area or what would be the other side of the spiral. So if you’re looking at your head from the back and see it as a traditional analog clock, the spiral would start at 12 o’clock and rotate to the right. So if you compare your head to a spiral, you can see that the spiral starts on the right side of your head and ends on the left. Since this is the case, the right side of your head is the beginning of the spiral and thus has the weakest area of potential hair grain pattern intensity and the left side of your head is the end of the spiral and thus has the stronger potential hair grain pattern intensity. This discrepancy isn’t noticed until you start trying to train these areas to wave up. The right side wants to go slightly downward and back, like its spiral pattern. Basically you hair grain on the right side needs more training to compensate for the fact that it is in a weak rotation area.  I recommend brushing the right side twice as much as the left with a medium or hard brush to compensate for this discrepancy.

Many 360 wavers brush there right side at a more downward angle to help with these grain and rotational issues. 

Edited by wave connection - July 10 2007 at 6:18pm
DUB-C
mrclean1992 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrclean1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 12:25pm
hmmmhmmm..........& another bangger from wc.
[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/1101992/StarredPhotos51-1.jpg" />
chrisdog212 View Drop Down
HB ALLSTAR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisdog212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 12:29pm
what does centrifugal force have to do with this?

[IMG]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/2333/picture063jq1.jpg" />
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by chrisdog212 chrisdog212 wrote:

what does centrifugal force have to do with this?

It helps with the understanding of the physics and principles of rotation.
mrclean1992 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrclean1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 1:10pm
how old are u again wc......I mean.u make me wanna go get an education like u......soo i can understand dis sh*t.
[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/1101992/StarredPhotos51-1.jpg" />
U SerIous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U SerIous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 1:11pm
good info
A re U Serious?
Chi-Town_Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chi-Town_Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 1:19pm
yea wc back with some more info
Making A Big Comeback New Pics Coming Soon

LDIZL View Drop Down

360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDIZL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 1:21pm
GOOD ISH
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by mrclean1992 mrclean1992 wrote:

how old are u again wc......I mean.u make me wanna go get an education like u......soo i can understand dis sh*t.

Originally posted by wave connection wave connection wrote:

100 years old in wave years, lol.
Poseidon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poseidon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 2:44pm
good info
An OaSiS AmOnGsT MaNy DeSeRtS

cm0t0wn1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm0t0wn1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 3:07pm
Another informative thread by WC.
CHANGE ON THE WAY !!

Meji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 4:49pm
Nice but sometimes a lil hard to understand.

WAVE CONNECTION - U NEED TO WRITE THE DUMMIES VERSIONS.
Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 5:24pm
Never mind. You did better this time. You toned the Thesaurus influence down in this one.

Edited by Willie SKRILLA - June 29 2007 at 5:30pm
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Willie SKRILLA Willie SKRILLA wrote:

Never mind. You did better this time. You toned the Thesaurus influence down in this one.

Lol.
cedclark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedclark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 5:55pm
Its not that complicated....The reason most people have a hard time developing the right side is because most people are right handed. Just think about it, you spend more time brushing with your left because you're doing something else with your right. Or your applying too much force on your right side because your right hand is a lot of stronger.. And applying a lot of force isn't really efficient. Example when you are sweeping the floor you get better results when you're sweeping with control not force.."delicate" is the key

I didn't have a problem getting my right side when i realized that.

Edited by cedclark - June 29 2007 at 6:06pm
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by cedclark cedclark wrote:

Its not that complicated....The reason most people have a hard time developing the right side is because most people are right handed. Just think about it, you spend more time brushing with your left because you're doing something else with your right. 

Not true.  For the most part, wavers brush with their right hand while their left hand is idle and vice versa.

Ced, with all due respect, fall back.  This response is clearly an attempt to redeem yourself from my quote about you on 360waves.

Edited by wave connection - June 29 2007 at 6:14pm
cedclark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedclark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 6:12pm
what quote? LOL i dont follow the forums news.."fall back" u mad? I see this is your life let me let you be.

Edited by cedclark - June 29 2007 at 6:12pm
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wave connection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 6:14pm
You know the quote Ced.  Stop playing dumb.
Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 6:17pm

Originally posted by cedclark cedclark wrote:

Its not that complicated....The reason most people have a hard time developing the right side is because most people are right handed. Just think about it, you spend more time brushing with your left because you're doing something else with your right. 
Originally posted by wave connection wave connection wrote:

Not true.  For the most part, wavers brush with their right hand while their left hand is idle and vice versa.

Ced, with all due respect, fall back.  This response is clearly an attempt to redeem yourself from my quote about you on 360waves.
You getting a large head my dude. Ced is onto something that I'd like researched. I'm going to log onto 360 to see what this quote is.
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
cedclark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedclark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 6:23pm
Playing dumb? I been on this forums and 36owaves since 2004 -05 and I haven't posted over 500. If that isn't obvious I dont follow the current news on the forums I dont know what is.

"Do what you think and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
~Richard Bach

^^So if I ever see what you said I wouldn't care... Its just hair.... And since when do people get so hostile over a other person opinion on hair? maybe you need to step back for a second and look at yourself. This is a forums were we discuss and develop our ideas but i see you are treating it like its a directorship. Im done here...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic