Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Also new to the wave game

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
|2yan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote |2yan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Also new to the wave game
    Posted: July 03 2007 at 5:11pm

Hey everyone, I'm new here to the forums, and just been reading over threads lately. Before I jump straight in even though i kno this isnt the introduction thread, i wouldnt feel right just running striaght in and demanding that you all give me advice so I wanna give a brief introduction about myself. My name Ryan Simmons. I live in the N.O (New Orleans, Louisiana). Senoir in High School. Like to just chill and hang out with my friends and fam.

Im a noob. I bought some Sportin Waves and a wave cap about a week or 2 ago and I been brushing my hair regularly as well as applying the pomade. To be quite honest i don't know how to even start. I was just browsing through sites and i ended up here and started reading some posts and seen yall waves and I must say, yall stuff looking nice. And i someday hope to have my hair like that. Right now my hair looks ridiculous. From what I've read i should start off Wolfing for about 8 weeks no? Well heres some pics of my hair. Thanks everyone in advance

My bad if i uploaded too many pics, also the lighting in my room is bad + that cheap cam didnt help either.
Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 5:18pm
Quote My name Ryan Simmons. I live in the N.O (New Orleans, Louisiana). Senoir in High School. Like to just chill and hang out with my friends and fam.

This ain't the personals man. Nah though you need to put in some work.
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
jamaicakid85 View Drop Down
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 5:25pm

If you just started then it might take awhile for the lines to even kick in it will probably take a month or month and a half. When you start seeing those lines dont run out and get a cut right away let those lines fill in and get deep and then get a cut.

Waves(2001-Present)
King Cash View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member
HB ALLSTAR/Playa of the year "07/360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Cash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 5:26pm

Welcome to the site man...just brush alot and wolf for as long as you can. But you REALLY don't need pomade (especially with ur hair at that length). And also check out my du rag method (its a sticky near the top of the main page).

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc
SCprettyboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCprettyboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 5:28pm

the pomade might be holding u back get some cc or motions and remeber they aint gonna come over night... u gotta keep brushing

The Main Event:August 13th For The King's Crown of S.C. tune in to http://www.myspace.com/wavessonice91 for further details
hmdp1992 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmdp1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 5:30pm
hello ryan first thing you want to do is wash your hair then put a conditioner in your hair rince it out then get some sportin waves gold can put the size amount of silver dollar in your hair get a hot towel and put it on your hair then brush your hair for 30 minutes to an hour in a pattern that you like your waves to be in then get a durag or stocking cap to put on your hair.and brush brush brush every day
cm0t0wn1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm0t0wn1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 5:33pm
Don't forget the moisturizer.
CHANGE ON THE WAY !!

|2yan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote |2yan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 5:36pm

Cool, thanx everyone for the advice so far and so quick, lol. Even though this may sounds corny im really looking forward to this and I plan to put a lot of work towards this, I admire yall waves and hope mine will look like that someday. But yea thanks for the quick advice.

Willie SKRILLA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willie SKRILLA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by hmdp1992 hmdp1992 wrote:

hello ryan first thing you want to do is wash your hair then put a conditioner in your hair rince it out then get some sportin waves gold can put the size amount of silver dollar in your hair get a hot towel and put it on your hair then brush your hair for 30 minutes to an hour in a pattern that you like your waves to be in then get a durag or stocking cap to put on your hair.and brush brush brush every day

I like this guy. Its not the greatest advice but you can tell he has common sense enough to read through older threads.
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real
hmdp1992 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmdp1992 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 5:49pm
thanks for the complament willie skrilla
RJizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 5:53pm

When u get a cut, no matter what dont go against the grain! My barber tricked me. He said he been cuttin hair 15 years and cuttin against the grain wont make me lose my waves and they'll come back from brushin for a day. Lets jus say i wont be visiting that barber no more. ON THE GRAIN! ALWAYS!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic