Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shampoos and extension hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2007 at 5:49am
Yeah conditioners can be tricky with extensions. I have noticed that in the past. Its a fine line between giving the hair the moisture but also not overdoing it and getting a wayed down look. The drying factor I could see from certain ingrediants they put in conditioner that tend to have the opposite effect when used over time. Thats why I think also, you should use maybe a couple different types.

I was going to try only using conditioner on the ends when I shower and then I also got a nice leave in thats supossed to seal the ends and keep them from breaking longer. When I have worn Indian hair, that seemed to always be a problem that the ends become brittle and start breaking. Since this Russian hair is virgin and bone straight though, Im hoping its less prone to breakage. I might curl it on occasion but plan on mainly wearing it straigt and using heat tools as little as possible.

Oh I should ad, just make this thread ANY products you currently use on your extensions that work well, conditioners or leavs ins or mousse or anything. Whatever you have in you "hair aresenal" so to speak to keep your extensions nice and lasting longer.

Edited by krimsa - July 07 2007 at 6:18am
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2007 at 3:10am
Yeah, I heard that too about the wefts softening.
I was reading about cones in conditioners. I guess it coats your hair after
a while and can make your hair look dry. So what I do is use a clarifying poo (I guess) every two weeks. I definitely noticed a difference with the Hello Hydration though and it smells GREAT!!

krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2007 at 10:21pm
I think I need to find this Hello Hydration. A lot of people seem to really like it. I also heard it works well to soften new wefts if you just soak it in there with some water. Ya know when they are brand new and stiff at the top.
malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2007 at 10:18pm
I use sulfate and non-sulfate. I just switch around. With the virgin Russian you don't have to worry so much since it's not coated. There's differing opinions about sulfate and non-sulfate shampoos. I like a lot of poos that have them. I love HEllo Hydration! It smells AMAZING (I know, I'm repeating what Amm already wrote) but it's really is great!

sisterhanse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sisterhanse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2007 at 7:23pm
try garnier fructis it worked wonders for my extentions
peace and love
krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2007 at 7:19pm
Okay cool. Yeah ya know isnt the sulfate the molecule or whatever that reacts with water to cause suds? Without suds, how do you clean oils from the hairshaft anyway? It seems like some of these sulfate free ones might just kind of smell nice and cause build up really.

Anyway, Im printing this thread so I get the names and will just kind of use up what I have and get a new one. Thanks.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2007 at 7:15pm
Pureology Hydrate is a good shampoo as well as Loma Peratin & Chocolate Soymilk - all are sulfate free.

But listen, I have very good results from sulfate shampoos as well such as Herbel Essences Hello Hydration (smells incredible & very inexpensive) and Neutrogena Triple Moisture. I have used the latter for years and have had no problems with it on extension hair for the long haul.

krimsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2007 at 6:52pm
Hi all. I’m getting a sew in tomorrow with 3 wefts of Russian hair. I’m excited and the hair is very nice. I jut got done coloring my natural hair with a semi permanent color and the match is perfect.

Okay I’m thinking about shampoos. This hair is NICE and I don’t want to mess it up. I plan on shampooing as little as possible, probably once every 4 days. I have heard you don’t want to use any shampoos that contain sulfates. I’m guessing this applies even to virgin Russian? The gentler the better? Those of you out there wearing the Russian about how often are you shampooing and what care products are in your normal routine that are working nicely for you. Any help/info would be nice. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic