Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best oil?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shanarana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shanarana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best oil?
    Posted: July 08 2007 at 7:13am
What do you think is the best "over the counter" oil to use on your hair?

I've used almond oil...not to bad, and also used mayo, but can't stand the smell and very messy.

Are there different kinds of oils that will do certain things to your hair? and what results do you get from certain oils?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Shanarana Shanarana wrote:

What do you think is the best "over the counter" oil to use on your hair?

I've used almond oil...not to bad, and also used mayo, but can't stand the smell and very messy.

Are there different kinds of oils that will do certain things to your hair? and what results do you get from certain oils?

There was a time when I thought using oil on hair was an uber microscience, but it's actually not very complicated.

Certain oils will do different things, but the differences are pretty negligible except between oils that are extremely different from one another (example: an oil paste/butter vs. a liquid oil. Shea butter, for example, will give you very noticeably different results from almond oil)

My favorites for hair are the light ones such as jojoba and broccoli seed oil, mostly because it's easier to wash out afterward and doesn't make your hair clump together.

Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
Purdy Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purdy Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2010 at 11:30am
A lot of people use Coconut oil with a lot of success.
MariAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2010 at 2:57pm
Yes coconut oil  is great for the hair
espy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2011 at 12:25am
Almond oil is for faster hair growth
Jojoba oil is mostly for oily hair
essentialoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essentialoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2011 at 9:40pm
A useful tip for faster hair growth involves the use of olive oil. The important constituents of olive oil, that include vitamin D, vitamin E, and B vitamins (niacin and biotin), help to get rid of bald patterns on the scalp. Hair regrowth is certainly possible by daily massaging the scalp with olive oil. Many hair experts regard olive oil as the best oil for hair loss. Vitamin E in olive oil helps to improve blood flow to the scalp, which in turn stimulates hair growth. When it comes to its usage, a carrier oil such as jojoba oil is added to olive oil and then it is applied on the scalp.
johnrambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnrambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2011 at 4:57am
I think coconut oil is the best growth and save your hair.
Flights to Sydney
Cheap Flights to Sydney
Sydney Flights

fetamy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fetamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2013 at 2:15am
The best oil I have found in my lifetime is Rosemary oil. Rosemary oil enriched with iron, calcium, and vitamin B. It works as an anti-aging agent which helps to boost color, shine, thickness, and also prevents hair loss.

Originally posted by Shanarana Shanarana wrote:

You can use a thick, tight shower cap to minimize the mess.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic