Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

difference between body wave and a perm??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rachael View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: difference between body wave and a perm??
    Posted: February 04 2002 at 4:27pm
i am considereing getting a body wave done and i would like someone to please explain what the difference is between the two?? i know i DO NOT want a perm but i want a bit of of a wave and volume (none of which i have now!) tks
rachael
please email your respones ray0201@aol.com
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2002 at 2:20pm
A body wave is suppose to add a slight wave to your hair giving it more body--mainly for people who have super straight/fine hair.

A perm is curls all over.

I would suggest you think twice about getting a body wave if your hair holds curl well. I speak from experience--I had a hairdresser who convinced me my hair would look great with a body wave & I cried when he took the curlers out b/c it was so curly & looked horrid. My hair takes curl so well that a body wave turned into a perm.

Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2002 at 3:36pm
I would like to have one too but I`ve been told by a few hairdressers that they`re very damaging especially if you`re trying to grow hair out which I am. Anyone have suggestions for thin/fine hair to get some texture.

Traci
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
Budokan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budokan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2002 at 8:22pm
Body waves use gentler chemicals and larger rods than a regular perm. Instead of curls, you should get gentle waves (a lazy S shape). A perm will enlarge the hair shaft and give you more body. If done correctly, a body wave will not damage your hair.

However, if you want curls without chemicals, check out http://www.heatcap.com I have a good friend that owns one and she really likes it. I can tell you she gets nice curls and waves and they last for about 2 days. The good thing is it doesn`t involve harsh chemicals and if she wants a different look, all she has to do is shampoo. A very nice product.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic