Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eve's water only wash journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eve's water only wash journal
    Posted: July 18 2007 at 1:27pm
ADDED: this journal has a bit of everything it started from water only to me trying (successfully ) to grow out a pixie cut as a result of bleach fried hair. I only recently started to add lots of pictures so enjoy!
journal is now continued herehttp://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=62990

Well after reading Sarsvati's post on her hair experiment using water only to wash http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=51616&PN=1  i was intrigued, it sounded gross but it was common sense. I have been battling severly dry damged over processed hair  and no conditioner in the world  seemed like it was helping. Everything mentioned in her post was logical.

This all come from a series of things mostly my inspiration comes from my daughter and looking at her.

She is my twin when i was 2 years olds, I had those beautiful wavy loose curls that people now die to have and a beautiful light brown shade of hair with sun kissed blonde highlights. Of course as i got older my hair  has darkened an took on red tones but the wavy curls use to be there. Since i have colored my hair  to the point it can't even  hold color of any kind ( yes even red seems to slide off) my hair is now chemically straight. I  know our hair changes as we get older but damn it i want my natural hair back!!. I know some where under all that chemical is beautiful waves and chesnut hair color.

But to the task at hand, i need to have what hair left to get to a decent shape.  It needs moisture so bad. My split ends have split ends now.I  hope my take on this water only wash turns out successful. I go into this with a open mind knowing  it can't get any worse then were i was at a few months ago.( patchy melted straw hair).

I May have stated i was going to wait until monday to give this a go, but I deeped conditioned my hair this morning and decided that it was the last. From here on out i will try to stick to the  water only washes to see how it goes!

Some obsticals i may be up against:
 my job -spot welder  my hair has been burnt ,scorched, singed, and takes on a horrible burnt metal smell. But seeing as i work with mostly guys I can get away with looking like a bum and they think nothing of it.
 my boyfriend- as much as he loves me and my ever changing hair, he is a bit leery of this especally  when we go out on the town. I told him some Patchouli Oil and a  nice large head band would do the trick. he still has his doubts
MY DAUGHTER- as a mom to a 2 year old and a aunt to a 1 year old it seems like EVERYTHING ends up in my hair from peanut butter to gum to stickers it's been there. should i have anything that would ultimately rot or attract wild animal be mashed into my hair i will wash it out.

well here it goes i will try to get some before pics put up but right now Passions just came on and i wanna see what happens!Thumbs%20Up

Edited by suicides_eve - November 08 2008 at 4:04pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2007 at 10:23am
i forgot to mention going into this my hair is  considered 'fine' ( although at the moment i consider it course) but theres LOTS of it. after my hair cut the other day my hair is brushing  the top of my shoulders and is layered. Now from what i can remember i never really had oily hair (unlike my sister who had  to wash it everyday at the roots)
um thats all i got for right now!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2007 at 8:39am
ok minor set back i had to seriously do a proiten treatment b/c my hair kept breaking off so badlyCry  so last night i had to do a a wash and condtion.

my hair is a bit better this morning not as many hairs in the shower Thumbs%20Up

what i did notice in my few days of starting this, my roots looked really shiney not oily looking yet. i went out and bought one of those natural bristle brushes to help carry what little oil i have through out the strands.

i also noticed the more i were a bandanna or hat the quicker the natural oils show up. so i have been wearing a cover doing everything from house work to mowing the grass. it makes things move quicker. And no my hair isn't stinky i mean at first it is but once i get in the shower the smell is gone.

at least this second time around i know how to get result quicker to get back the pace

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2007 at 4:30pm
 nothing really to note today, i am finding it hard to leave my hair alone Angry i am just so mad at it ( lol yeah my hair caused all this haha) it is very aggrevating.

I have notice my baby bangs are starting to curly q so i guess that means my hair has the potenial to have its curl back
 i am trying to get a hold of The Curly Girl Book hoping maybe  that will help me in the deartment of getting my curls back i bleive it is almost the same princables as the water only wash but a bit more involded???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2007 at 5:38pm
Ok got a hold of the library and they have the book but its gonna take a week for them to get it in , they have to have it shipped from the next county over.

I am really struggling with not touch my hair it is like finger nail bitting I subconsciously find my self wanting to touch it( brush it, condition it , cut it offTongue)  but i am doing really good, if i don't touch it , my hair doesn't look as bad as i thought. And from wearing a hat all the time  the oil factor is really kicking in  i am hoping it doesn't take much longer to reach my ends. Then from there i think my hair will start to look softer and shinier. which is what i am going for.

i went to Sally's to day to look at hair, I really want my sister to make me a set of clips ins there are just some of them days you want to look extra purdy. beside me and the b/f are going to the beach soon with out my daughter and i want to look my best. nothing like long beach tossed hair blowing under a straw hat laying on the beach. ahhh i can wait!

Edited by suicides_eve - July 25 2007 at 5:39pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 8:00am
Angry i have gone a long time with out washing my hair, i have done everything to get the oils to start producing but it seem like my hair is dry as ever!!
 my guess is my hair really is so damged that it is soaking the oils up as fast as i can make it on my head . I mean really its been what? a bit over a week, i work in a constantly  sweaty environment and always have a hat or some cover on my head you would think my hair would be all greasey and string but no its dry and  non oily!

i am not giving in though. damn it i not have straw hair!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 6:47am
Well i read The Curly Girl book by Lorrian Massey.  It was ok most of the advice she gave was stuff i learned about long ago with the exception of no shampoo which i learned a little more about from her book. I tried some of her homemade recipes and the brown sugar scrub really helped my scalp. I just was not producing and sebrum and  i gave it a really good scrub down and things are moving alot smoother now.

yesterday i also used pure vitiamn e oil on my scalp and  hair ends  i think that helped alot to. so far i haven't shamppoed in almost 2 weeks and haven't really noticed any major changes.
Sarsvati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarsvati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2007 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by suicides_eve suicides_eve wrote:

i am not giving in though. damn it i not have straw hair!

Hell Ya!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 11:29am
furious this stupid board always deletes my freaking post!!
i get like 3 paragraphs wrote up and poof there it goes!!
 ok a rundog down b/c i don't feel like typing it all again
 bought a shower filter head from home depot.com
 my hair loves it responded really good soft manageable over all more healthy  lookinghumpie
buy a  shower head filter you hair will thank youcheekkiss
doused head with vitiman E oil. hair loved it to gave good rinsed and as days went on it  got less greasy and fizzy looking.

my roots have come along nice with it own natural sebrumSmile, were a wool hat while mowing the yard in the middle of summer really moved things alongWink. over all it seem like this is really helping to  fix my overly dmaged hair it has been about 3 week which seems like  forever but after it's all said and done  it's not really that long and my hair is  doing greatClap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 1:37pm
Alot to updatecheer

ok, i have seriously chang
ed my diet after i started loosing lots of hair while i was brushing, this whole time i thought it was just breakage ( in the being it was) but  in reality i was dehydrated and not eating as good as i shouldbusted. As far fetched as it sounds i started forcing my self to quite the sodas and drink more water and my hair seemed to perk right up i am now producing healthy amounts of sebrum an my hair seems  to have a better additude about it.
it has been nearly a month since i last shampooed and things are great , my hair over all looks more healthy has stopped breaking and is no more a frizzy messhumpie. i am really glad i have tried this i have saved so much $$$ on fancy condishioners, i now have $$ to spend at the beach this weekendbarmy

my  hair routine

I condtion my hair once a week using nexxuss humcantress
Use vitiman e oil (i have fine hair olive oil is to heavy) on my ends 2 times a week.
 no blow dry  and gel once in a while

my diet
more water less soda
 more meats and proitens
also started to take flintstone vitimans with my daughterTongue
cut back on sugar and junk food ( hey i am 23 i eat what i want ! good buy cookie dough
Cry)

i will still keep up with my water only washings as i believe it as really benefited my hair, it has done a 360 from horrible frizz to  fast track to becoming  moisturized and healthy looking.
my next goal will be to grow my hair out !!

Hug

lovetocolor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetocolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 3:05pm
again, another interesting post....
happy coloring

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2007 at 6:05pm
UPDATE:
 i cut all my hair off an plan on starting over so yea for me! i really enjoyed it last time and my hair seem to like it too so here goes!Pig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 4:16pm
well its been a awhile since my last post, my short hair has now grown out quite a bit it was cut  super short in the back which allowed for easy spiking while the top was left jagged and long so i could tease it up it

about 2 weeks ago i  trimmed the top back about 2 inches b/c i just got the itch to do something else with it, i also bought a bunch of braettes and hair  do-dads and they are so fun to do my hair with. saldy i have had to throw several away b/c my daughter  put them in barbie's hair and doll hair is not fun to style. so i throw barbie head and all in the trash. i now keep my stuff in a lockbox in my room away from all kids.

i am sitting here watching an episode of FRAGGLE ROCK and it reminds me that i am thankful i cut my hair to give it a fresh start b/c thats  what it looked like before i cut it poofy and fake lookingLOL

I have been seriously re-thinking the idea of extensions again and been looking at lace front wigs

my birthday is this friday and i want to treat myself to something special.

this one girl i work with has beautiful hair and it seems like she taunts me with it constantly flipping an twirling it about..  bitch. Some times  i really want long hair  but most of the time i love my hair like it is, 5 mins in the morning and i am ready to go.

i doubt my hair is long enough for extensions but  its nothing a pretty scarf or banana can't cover up, but for now i  lean towards the lace front..

Edited by suicides_eve - January 08 2008 at 4:18pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetocolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 4:25pm
hey woman, your hair looks great!!  fraggle rock...oh lol lol....what color do you have going on?  looks like a dark burgindish?  looks good w/your skin...glad you made a post....i think the girl at work w/the hair is flipping and trirling because her hair hurts her neck.Stern%20Smile
happy coloring

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2007 at 4:41pm
lol i look overly red and freakishly white in those pics thanks to photo shop and being bord for long periods of time
Slipknothartgir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slipknothartgir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2007 at 4:32pm
I'm sure glad yr hair didn't fall out! I'm gonna get that stuff so I can get the red out of my hair & start over with a new color.Keep us up on yr hair.I need a friend to talk to about hair.If u like u can e-mail me @ Slipknothartgirl@yahoo.com I'm Christina.I hope to chat soon!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2007 at 10:04am
wow i have really been neglecting my poor jornal i have spent much time over on the lhc bords trying to grow my hair out. so far i have 4.5" of new growth and and i so happy!! i have been averaging over 1 inch a month now that i started my new routine::

cut back on soda
 drink more water
 hair,skin , and nail pill 2x daily
flinstone vitiman
omega3 fish oil ( it gives me such bad gas but my skin looks so good)
zinc and folic acid 400mg(makes me queasy but it was recomend)
deep condtion when i can

i also been doing the monistat thing do a search and you will see what i mean  lots of ppl have had quick hair growth using it. it helps out with my dandruff(i have dark hair so it shows up alot) i hardly have  to brush the flakes of my shirt at work any more.

happy thanks giving by the way

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 3:49pm
Wow it has been almost a whole year since i updated anything on here.
Lets see my hair is now this  long:

i did the big cut August 22, 2007 so i think from being at 2" to 17" now is great! i have also had about 3" over the whole course taken off to try and even my layers up. i could have let them all grow out but i like the whole 'even' look.

i stop doing anything like pills and waht not b/c if its gonna grow it's gonna grow, i think once it got to  the point i could put it back and for get it,is when it took off, on day its above my shoulders and BAM!! its already past them. i have a good feel for my hair now and can safely predict that in 7 months i will be APL or past that.

i was a bit disappointed that i wasn't already there but knowing some ppl barley make it this far in 10 months makes me feel accomplished

i still use NExxus Humcantress to this day my hair loves it  on a good day it can look like :
so glad i cut off the fried bleach hair!
eww!!

so yeah my hair has come along way and lesson learned NO MORE BLEACH!!

Edited by suicides_eve - June 26 2008 at 3:54pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 8:22am
This post is gonna be a mini time line of my hair since i can offically say i have been growing my hair out for 1 year:

my starting point

One Year Later (natural):

Edited by suicides_eve - December 12 2009 at 11:50pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetocolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2008 at 10:38am
i love how you go incognito....hee.....i found the most amazing shampoo...it is that chaz wen shampoo in fig.....my mom is in the hospital in joplin so i have to go back today....you've been very very good staying away from the chemicals.
happy coloring
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic