Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hilary Swank to cut hair for charity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 8:26pm
Sorry HAWG I guess most of us are just jaded.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
daman123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daman123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2007 at 3:10am
true she is doing it for a good cause i think we are missing the bigger picture here and there are wigs n stuff so spose its not all bad
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2007 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Maybe this is just a publicity stunt to keep her from falling off the radar of producers?

Hillary carried "Freedom Writers," to respectable box office. She's got three movies in post-production, including "Iron Man" and a passion project of hers called "The Laws of Motion." I don't think Hillary needs to worry about falling off the radar of producers.

I'm not sure why getting a tiny bit of publicity for cutting her hair would get her more roles. If anything, it'll hurt her. Most producers would like all women to come in with long hair, so they can cut it how they want it for the role.

Originally posted by Mike46019 Mike46019 wrote:

Sorry HAWG I guess most of us are just jaded.

What are you jaded about? Do people not do charity work where you are from?

Until Bob can come up with a zapping ray to stop women from thinking about donating their hair, celebs will occasionally give theirs to charity.

Edited by Heath - July 29 2007 at 1:47pm
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2007 at 3:14pm
[/QUOTE]
Hillary carried "Freedom Writers," to respectable box office. She's got three movies in post-production, including "Iron Man" and a passion project of hers called "The Laws of Motion." I don't think Hillary needs to worry about falling off the radar of producers.

I'm not sure why getting a tiny bit of publicity for cutting her hair would get her more roles. If anything, it'll hurt her. Most producers would like all women to come in with long hair, so they can cut it how they want it for the role. [/QUOTE]

Wait a minute, Heath. If I'm not mistaken, Hilary (one L please) generally has her hair parted down the middle. And that goes against everything you believe in, doesn't it? You can't have it both ways, sunshine.

And how in the world can you speak for any producers, much less "most producers?"

Edited by Kramer - July 29 2007 at 3:15pm
daman123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daman123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2007 at 7:04pm
kramer strikes again lol (2 Ls and an O please)Smile
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2007 at 10:40pm
Jaded was responce to another post. A few before we got to second page.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Hillary carried "Freedom Writers," to respectable box office. She's got three movies in post-production, including "Iron Man" and a passion project of hers called "The Laws of Motion." I don't think Hillary needs to worry about falling off the radar of producers. I'm not sure why getting a tiny bit of publicity for cutting her hair would get her more roles. If anything, it'll hurt her. Most producers would like all women to come in with long hair, so they can cut it how they want it for the role. [/QUOTE]

Wait a minute, Heath. If I'm not mistaken, Hilary (one L please) generally has her hair parted down the middle. And that goes against everything you believe in, doesn't it? You can't have it both ways, sunshine.

And how in the world can you speak for any producers, much less "most producers?"
[/QUOTE]
Nice to know that when someone disagrees with you, you get snippy. I don't see anywhere that I've endorsed any of Hilary's hair choices, only that she's not making the choice in an effort to help her career. So what both ways am I trying to have it?

I don't speak for "most producers." Due to what I do I understand what producers usually want from actors. I'm sure there's something you do that gives you some expertise in an industry also.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 2:47pm
     "Zapping ray" Heath? Have you been snooping in my basement? Actually, if successful, my invention is more like Miracle Grow, and will be aimed at the nether regions of journalists, so one might finally have the "courage" to expose the finances and usage percentage of feel-good hair charity organizations. And no, you will not be getting a cut, Heath! Angry Bob 
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 7:39pm
Never intended for my merely speculative guess to initiate a pi$$ing contest... FWIW Heath, you would appear to be correct, her career (with upcoming projects) seems to be in fine shape.

I have to say that I agree with Bob on the lack of journalistic courage in this matter.  There is absolutely no shortage (in fact, there continues to be a huge surplus donated) of hair for the makers of hairpieces for children afflicted with alopecia.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 9:33pm
Maybe it's just that she tried the long hair thing and (given her fine hair) it never really worked for her. Now, perhaps, she wants to get back to her shaggy trademark look.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 1:36am
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Never intended for my merely speculative guess to initiate a pi$$ing contest... FWIW Heath, you would appear to be correct, her career (with upcoming projects) seems to be in fine shape.

I have to say that I agree with Bob on the lack of journalistic courage in this matter.  There is absolutely no shortage (in fact, there continues to be a huge surplus donated) of hair for the makers of hairpieces for children afflicted with alopecia.

Dave, a correction, I believe that Hilary is cutting her hair, as Diane Lane did, for Great Lengths, which makes hair pieces for adult women with cancer.  Not kids.  I believe this organization is run by Pantene.  If I am mistaken, I'm sure someone will correct me!

I don't see what the big deal is anyway.  Hilary will cut her hair, probably not too short, then in her next movie, I'm sure she will sport extensions, and Kramer will tell us how much better she looks with them than without!
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 2:52am

I know you're not going to believe this, but I was one mockery away from changing my taste. Thank you, ssjock, for nudging me to a better place.

ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

I know you're not going to believe this, but I was one mockery away from changing my taste. Thank you, ssjock, for nudging me to a better place.

You are right Kramer, I don't believe it, but I'm glad to be of service anyway! ClapWinkLOL
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 10:55am
Does anyone know when the joyous event will happen?

According to Dave, I have to record it? LOL
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

Dave, a correction, I believe that Hilary is cutting her hair, as Diane Lane did, for Great Lengths, which makes hair pieces for adult women with cancer.  Not kids.  I believe this organization is run by Pantene.  If I am mistaken, I'm sure someone will correct me!

Thanks for the clarification ssjockey.  I am not aware that there was an unmet demand for hair pieces for adult women with cancer.  A woman I know (who is now in remission) did not want to wear any hairpiece because her scalp was extremely sensitive.  By the time the sensitivity went away, her hair had grown back to "something" length (about an inch or so), where she felt comfortable without any head covering at all (she had used hats and silk scarves).

Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

I don't see what the big deal is anyway.  Hilary will cut her hair, probably not too short, then in her next movie, I'm sure she will sport extensions, and Kramer will tell us how much better she looks with them than without!

Probably so.  LOL

Originally posted by arch94 arch94 wrote:

According to Dave, I have to record it? LOL

You are welcome to choose action contrary to my prediction, but I sense you'll resist any such temptation. Wink

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 11:02pm
I bet it will be on the TODAY show.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 8:26pm
Anybody heard when the haircut will happen?  Here's a recent picture (Today actually) at an event where she was promoting her new fragrance.

Hilary%20Swank%20Hairstyle

She looks better than I've ever seen her.
HAWG
jaw5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaw5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2007 at 9:56am
I hope other celebrities will follow in her footsteps and donate
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 4:08pm
In yesterday's USA Today:

This month, she's going on The Oprah Winfrey Show and cutting off her hair as part of Pantene's Beautiful Lengths campaign, which donates the locks to women who are in cancer treatment.

"That's going to be wonderful," says Swank, who says she's not nervous about her impending transformation. "I've been growing my hair for months, so it's super-long and super-healthy. I've gotten my conditioning treatments every four weeks. Everyone is commenting on my hair and how it's long and pretty and healthy and shiny. All the better for a woman in need."

If anyone sees a preview, please pass on the date.  Thanks
HAWG
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 10:57pm
Wow, I thought she might get her hair cut behind closed doors with the cameras off and make a quiet donation, perhaps even through a courier. What was I thinking? I had no idea she was doing it for publicity.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic