Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Afro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tightstarz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tightstarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Afro
    Posted: July 20 2007 at 7:56pm
Alright y'all most of my life I've been rockin the fade cut, but about a year ago I started to grow my hair to get some braids. The thing is I have no idea how to manage my afro.

I can't believe I'm crackin on myself but sometimes my hair be straight up nappy, it is so frustrating. I got some friends with some afros and when they pick their hair during the day, it'll go through like butter, as for me I got to go to the bathroom and torture myself by trying to pick my fro.

I've tried the texturizer kits, and yeah they helped for the most part but then they return to its natural state: nappy. I'm really not sure what do I do to upkeep it after the texturizer (used the 360 stylin blow out kit). Also I really don't like such harsh chemicals in my hair, so is there anyway staying natural and having nappy free hair with out a texturizer? Thanks in advance y'all any help is greatly appreciated.
willejay11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willejay11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2007 at 12:46pm
my hair is the same....one thing stay away from doo gro leave in treatment.....because of that thing i had to cut my hair and start over to about 1/2 inch now
tightstarz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tightstarz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2007 at 5:41pm
I'm sorry to hear that Jay, I remember I had to cut my hair 3 years back because of what a product did, I was about to cry seeing my long hair on the barbers floor. What really is a trip is I have the leave in treatment on my bathroom counter and I have used it once, but I really didn't get any problems from it. To me really, I find that Doo Gro is complete BS. It probably works for some but hasn't worked for me really. The only product in the Doo Gro line that really helped me is the Triple Strength Anti Breakage Growth Detangler, it really makes my hair more manageable. Anyways I'm really in need of replys, if anyone knows how to really take care of a fro, drop a comment, it would really be appreciated.
Cornrowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornrowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 2:34pm
kepp your hair moisterized and ur hair shud stay soft and opipc or comb it all da timeow and watch wat side u sleep on all da time
Months Growin Fro
1=Done
2=DOne
3=Done
4=Done
5=Done
6=Done
7=Done
8=Pending
9=Pending
I got cornrows wit hangtime now
10=Pending
joecool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joecool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 1:53pm
well i use the 360 stylin blow out kit too i just don't leave the lye in  my head long at all, but if u wanna stay natural just use the 360 afro cream to grease yo scalp and keep moisture in yo fro wit a moisturizer i use one by african pride and like cornrow said alternate what side u sleep on...u don't wanna constatntly pack one side down.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic