Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leeann_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeann_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help
    Posted: July 28 2007 at 4:01pm
Hi 

I need help with my over processed hair. for a while my hair has been medium to light brown with blonde highlights and in good condition.

I went to the hair salon today and asked to go lighter, so she gave me a full head off foils and it seemed fine.

On the way home my hair got drenched when it was drying in it felt realy frizzy and was snapping off at the bottom when I ran my fingers through it.

I got home and washed it with Matrix fortifying shampoo, i then put Matrix Fortifying conditioner on it and left it wrapped in a warm towel for about 30 mins, my hair still feels like bubblegum at the bottom.

I dont know what to use to fix it, i had alot taken off the ends at the hairdressers too.

Anyone recomend any thing to help my poor hair.

Leeann
salax71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salax71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2007 at 6:25pm
basically dont do anything else!!!!!
all you can really do is cut the rest of the damaged hair off
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 1:41am
Your hair was severely damaged. When that happens you have to do protein treatments and deep conditioning. You need to use either Nexxus emergencee or Sebastian 2+1. Put product in hair, cover with a shower cap and go under a head dryer, heat cap, or apply heat with your blow dryer for 20 minutes. Then shampoo product out. Your hair will feel like straw at this point, but that is normal with protein treatments. After getting the product out of your hair, use a good deep conditioner. I use Redken Smooth Down butter treat. It works great for me, but if something else works for you go with that. Repeat the same process you did with the protein treatment and then rinse off. Use a good leave in conditioner such as Sebastian Potion 9 or Salerm 21.

Do this once a week for the first 4 weeks and once a month after that. It will make a world of a difference. Once hair is damaged it can't really be repaired, but you can buffer the damage. The protein acts sort of as a rubber band and fills in the damage spots, so that your hair can look its best until you gradually cut off the damage and re-grow your healthy hair back.

It is the only thing that worked for me after my horrible experience with thermal reconditioning. My hair was breaking off all over the place and I even got a bald spot on my frontal hairline. So believe me, I know your pain.

Well, good luck and great hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic