Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How much damage can hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SueQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SueQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How much damage can hair
    Posted: July 29 2007 at 7:52pm
extensions cause?

My friend just got some for $750 and they look beautiful.
I am kind of debating if I want them.

I have average layered hair.  Just below my shoulders.  The layers I am not thrilled with right now.  I think she cut them too choppy.  but that's another topic.

So anyways I've always wanted long hair.  The longest I've had is like to my bra strap, but I'd like a little past that. 

do you think I should get them done.  Go to the same person my friend did.  I mean she just got hers and they look great.

But after will my hair have to be really short due to damage??
Love messing with hair.
Ms.Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms.Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2007 at 3:04pm
Extensions that are properly installed, maintained and removed won't cause damage to your hair. Is your friend still pleased with hers? Has she experienced any damage?
ALL EYES ON ME
SueQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SueQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2007 at 3:42pm
Hi, The end of my story is I got them.  But I went to someone else.  My friend liked hers but took them out today.

Mine are in , but I had to have a better cut.  I like them, but don't know if I would do it again.  too much money.

We will see if they damage my hair much when they come out.
Love messing with hair.
Sofiaone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofiaone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2007 at 1:18am
how did your friend's hair look after the removal? did she still have good hair? what type of extensions did you choose? what did she have?

thanksSmile
SueQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SueQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2007 at 3:13pm
Her hair looked ok, a little thinner it was in a pony so I really couldn't tell adn she needed to get her roots done.
Love messing with hair.
smith1121 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smith1121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2008 at 11:12pm
I've had extensions from hair dreams for almost 2 years now.  Everytime they remove a set my hair gets more damaged.  It's about 1/2 as thick as it was before, scraggily and I'm completely dreading having to remove them next time since it makes me want to cry.  I'm getting them removed permanently next time but will have to go to shoulder length hair and I'm not sure if it will ever recover.  I've literally lost 1/2 of it... My advice is remove them and I would discourage people from putting them in at all. 
linuxox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linuxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2008 at 3:04pm
i was wearing my hair(micro bonding with copper micro-rings) for 3.5 years and it didn't had any affect on my hair at allThumbs%20Up
corioliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corioliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2008 at 1:21pm
I agree with what most people are saying here.  As long as they are installed, maintained and removed correctly the damage is minimal.  Its similar to bleaching your hair...some people end up with really dry damaged hair and others feels like silk.  The difference is in if it was bleached and cared for properly or not.  If you decide not to have those extensions again you could try clip ins, they don't have as many risks.

x
Clip in hair extensions - http://www.headkandy.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic